Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A prime asset added at first pairing would bring all other LDs down a notch and give that left side greater balance. Who knows what he’s thinking.

Have to guess that MB is satisfied with his LD as is. Huge assessment season coming. Lots in the pipeline on the threshold of being NHL's. Can only see MB getting a true #1 Ld with a move. And at this point who are the best candidates?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Have to guess that MB is satisfied with his LD as is. Huge assessment season coming. Lots in the pipeline on the threshold of being NHL's. Can only see MB getting a true #1 Ld with a move. And at this point who are the best candidates?

I hate to say there’s still time left but ... who knows. I’d say Philly can deal from excess at this point.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I hate to say there’s still time left but ... who knows. I’d say Philly can deal from excess at this point.

If from Philly,I'd prefer Provorov over Ghost. Although Ghost is probably not MBs cup of tea,and Provorov being from Russia, things don't always turn out great for player in Montreal being of Russian decent.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I don't speculate/ Que sera sera. All I can do is hope that moves are rational. For example, would I give up a bushel load of prospects for Patrice Bergeron? No. because Bergeron has limited shelf life left. However, I'd consider trading prospects for Ovechkin.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
What did Subban say about the Preds? The Nashville trade is the best thing since Caufield. When things go south in Jersey, Bergevin has to spend assets and make New-Jersey eat his salary. The return of the prodigal child at a fair price to the team, Subban in the right fit is a good thing for everyone.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What did Subban say about the Preds? The Nashville trade is the best thing since Caufield. When things go south in Jersey, Bergevin has to spend assets and make New-Jersey eat his salary. The return of the prodigal child at a fair price to the team, Subban in the right fit is a good thing for everyone.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up too high.

Reactions: FF de Mars

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I wouldn’t get my hopes up too high.

It's in the realm of the possible. Yesterday, I read an article about narcissists. The article stated they are good employees; if placed in right contingencies. Subban loves attention, religious Habs fans will always give him positive attention. Now if you have a solid core with Weber and Gallagher, the pragmatic type, adding a talented charismatic player like Subban is most definitely a plus. PK is just natural, he's easily influençable I'm sure of that; just influence him well enough and he'll carry the offense. I would love for Bergevin to pay the fair price New-Jersey will be asking next year or at the deadline; and even then New-Jersey might just keep him, they're looking good, if I ever make money I'd love to buy a Devils' Subban jersey sending my message through the whole Mile-End neighborhood say hi if you see me.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It's in the realm of the possible. Yesterday, I read an article about narcissists. The article stated they are good employees if placed in the right situation. Subban loves attention, religious Habs fans will always give him positive attention. Now if you have a solid core with Weber and Gallagher, the pragmatic type, adding a talented charismatic player like Subban is most definitely a plus. PK is just natural, he's easily influençable I'm sure of that; just influence him well enough and he'll carry the offense. I would love for Bergevin to pay the fair price New-Jersey will be asking next year or at the deadline; and even then New-Jersey might just keep him, they're looking good, if I ever make money I'd love to buy a Devils' Subban jersey sending my message through the whole Mile-End neighborhood say hi if you see me.

Unless we get a new GM with a new vision that PK fits in, trade Petry and or Weber and overhaul the roster including Gally (who f***ing hates PK) I don’t see it happening.

I can appreciate a fans love for PK as he was a rare player who thrived and fit right into the Montreal cauldron but realistically, I don’t think it’s in the cards. Stranger things have happened and maybe in the more distant future but can’t see it next year.

Reactions: FF de Mars

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Who's KK playing with this season? Thought leks and Armia,they gor worse?
Lehkonen will likely take Shaw's spot and we will likely play Weal/Cousins with Kotkaniemi and Armia. It's truly incredible how he made no effort to pick up a more talented linemate for him. The only hope is for a guy like Suzuki dominating camp and Kotkaniemi will have an offensively talented linemate for the first time.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Lehkonen will likely take Shaw's spot and we will likely play Weal/Cousins with Kotkaniemi and Armia. It's truly incredible how he made no effort to pick up a more talented linemate for him. The only hope is for a guy like Suzuki dominating camp and Kotkaniemi will have an offensively talented linemate for the first time.

I wouldn't be opposed having him play the whole season in Finland, and WJC. Maybe he could play for Helsinki's KHL team? Feels like another season to tank.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Can handle Leks with Domi,but am hopping that Suzuki can earn that spot. KK with Suzuki might be a tad soft for the time being.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
I wouldn't be opposed having him play the whole season in Finland, and WJC. Maybe he could play for Helsinki's KHL team? Feels like another season to tank.

Huh, KK? After playing a full season in the NHL and having over 30 points, that would be an insult to him.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
No effort you say. MB did something no GM hast done in 6 years. Everyone begged for him to offer sheet someone; continually said he didn't have the balls to do it. MB does it; doesn't get the guy and then the same group says he sucks because he failed at an offer sheet didn't get a bunch of overpaid UFAs. He will strike when the opportunity is right; the days of doing stuff for the sake of doing it is thankfully over.

Reactions: Naslund

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
No effort you say. MB did something no GM hast done in 6 years. Everyone begged for him to offer sheet someone; continually said he didn't have the balls to do it. MB does it; doesn't get the guy and then the same group says he sucks because he failed at an offer sheet didn't get a bunch of overpaid UFAs. He will strike when the opportunity is right; the days of doing stuff for the sake of doing it is thankfully over.
Waddell told that he took 2’minutes for declining offer sheet. The offer from bergevin was way too low. If this offer sheet is similar of bargainbain deal, its normal that he can’t improve his team cause other gm are not dummy

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
A 3rd overall with crazy high celling playing with 2 leftovers

Classic habs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Waddell told that he took 2’minutes for declining offer sheet. The offer from bergevin was way too low. If this offer sheet is similar of bargainbain deal, its normal that he can’t improve his team cause other gm are not dummy

If you're going to offersheet Aho, then make it worthwhile.

All MB did was do the Canes a solid. What an easy, low-hanging fruit of an opportunity to close a deal when Dundon and Aho's agent were at an impasse after almost a year of negotiations. Sure, as was reported, the term was shorter than the Canes were going for and it didn't involve maxing out on the money payable upfront, but the dollar amount was right up their alley.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It was a half ass attempt, are we supposed to praise him for trying? All Bergevin does is substituting players, the only real good and long term addition was Jeff Petry. That's absolutely pathetic and we still have bo direction.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
If you're going to offersheet Aho, then make it worthwhile.

All MB did was do the Canes a solid. What an easy, low-hanging fruit of an opportunity to close a deal when Dundon and Aho's agent were at an impasse after almost a year of negotiations. Sure, as was reported, the term was shorter than the Canes were going for and it didn't involve maxing out on the money payable upfront, but the dollar amount was right up their alley.
I was laughing when i heard that Dundon have few money problem. Hey this guy is multibillionnaire, he bought an nhl club. If someone is good for managing money its him. Îm pretty sure that borrowing money from a bank is not a problem for him!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was laughing when i heard that Dundon have few money problem. Hey this guy is multibillionnaire, he bought an nhl club. If someone is good for managing money its him. Îm pretty sure that borrowing money from a bank is not a problem for him!

Yeah but ... MB claimed that the Habs had information about certain "vulnerabilities" that they uncovered within the Canes's ownership. :laugh:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Would love to get Kreider if we were confident we could resign him after this year (highly doubt).

Kreider-Domi-Gallagher

I think that would be a solid line

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I don’t think so. If he had a ring or two then more likely he would have that kind of value.

You could get 10 years of great hockey from a 1 overall.

Price is in 1st rounder and a prospect territory. Still good value!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
No, he doesn’t have #1 overall value. His value would be higher for those who are looking to get an elite goaltender and are in a win-now scenario. Rebuilders or teams with a true #1 won’t be interested in Price. Even if teams like say New Jersey did want Price (they aren’t rebuilding and the need goaltending), they would not have given up Hughes for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad