Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Waddell told that he took 2’minutes for declining offer sheet. The offer from bergevin was way too low. If this offer sheet is similar of bargainbain deal, its normal that he can’t improve his team cause other gm are not dummy

When will people understand that making moves that don’t move the needle much are pointless? Bergevin is building through the draft.

Unless a big fish is available via trade who complements the young core and can really improve this team going forward, he won’t do it. He’ll fill the lineup with stop gaps until the kids are ready so you’ll eventually have a good team that contends year after year.

I personally don’t give a crap about making the playoffs with this group because we won’t win anything. It’s the next wave of players that matter and to do that, we need to draft high and draft well. Trading a Price and Weber are two pieces we can’t deal because they’re hard to replace but guys like Byron and Petry are prime for trade this season just like Shaw. More picks, more youth, more talent.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No thanks,

Price obviously doesn't like the guy and tbh he'd just be taking a spot from a kid.
Oh please. Price is a grown ass man and needs to move on if he is still angry at him. That was mostly Emelin's fault anyways. If McDavid can move on and accept Brandon Manning, there is no reason why Price can't do the same. And which kid would he be stealing the role from? Cousins? Weal? Armia? Lehkonen? All of those guys are bottom 6 material and Kreider is a legit top 6 player. He would look awesome next to Domi or Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: zeeto

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Oh please. Price is a grown ass man and needs to move on if he is still angry at him. That was mostly Emelin's fault anyways. If McDavid can move on and accept Brandon Manning, there is no reason why Price can't do the same. And which kid would he be stealing the role from? Cousins? Weal? Armia? Lehkonen? All of those guys are bottom 6 material and Kreider is a legit top 6 player. He would look awesome next to Domi or Kotkaniemi.

Please no. I don't like him and I'd be afraid MB tries to extend him long term @ 6M+ per year. If I have to pick from the Rags, send me some Buchnevich instead...

Reactions: calder candidate

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Please no. I don't like him and I'd be afraid MB tries to extend him long term @ 6M+ per year. If I bad to pick from the Rags, send me some Buchnevich...
Why don't you like him? This isn't Anders Lee. He is an incredible skater and goalscorer. The only other good forward on that Rangers team was Zibenejad.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Why don't you like him? This isn't Anders Lee. He is an incredible skater and goalscorer. The only other good forward on that Rangers team was Zibenejad.

He always had me wanting for more offensively. Not a bad player. Just not someone I'd be willing to pay top dollars long term.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
When will people understand that making moves that don’t move the needle much are pointless? Bergevin is building through the draft.

Unless a big fish is available via trade who complements the young core and can really improve this team going forward, he won’t do it. He’ll fill the lineup with stop gaps until the kids are ready so you’ll eventually have a good team that contends year after year.

I personally don’t give a crap about making the playoffs with this group because we won’t win anything. It’s the next wave of players that matter and to do that, we need to draft high and draft well. Trading a Price and Weber are two pieces we can’t deal because they’re hard to replace but guys like Byron and Petry are prime for trade this season just like Shaw. More picks, more youth, more talent.

If you're going to build through the draft, then by the time the team is theoretically "set", guys like price and Weber will be quite replaceable, so why not try to accelerate the process and deal them both?

Is there risk involved? Sure. But you're not going to end up where you want without taking certain risks.

And what the worst that can happen? The team flounders, into a lottery position. At the end of June, that's probably a much more appealing place to be than the middle of the draft.

Reactions: sampollock

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If you're going to build through the draft, then by the time the team is theoretically "set", guys like price and Weber will be quite replaceable, so why not try to accelerate the process and deal them both?

Is there risk involved? Sure. But you're not going to end up where you want without taking certain risks.

And what the worst that can happen? The team flounders, into a lottery position. At the end of June, that's probably a much more appealing place to be than the middle of the draft.

There's a risk and it's not only drop into a lottery position in june, the risk is more becoming the Flyers and missed the PO for the next 5 to 6 years. That's the most likely scenario.

Having said that, Bergevin doesn't have the right to trade any of those two…..a new GM would but not him.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

I really hope that we imitate the Blues to an extent this deadline. If the team is happy with the development of guys like Juulsen, Brook, and/or Fleury than start to shop Petry near the deadline. Same for Poehling, KK, or even Suzuki. If those guys have a solid development year, than shop Danault.

I more and more see this team building towards the 2021/22 as their first possible year as being a true contender if more things go right than wrong. Start to add pieces that they are confident will be contributors in that window.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

I think what Bergevin may be thinking is that the lottery system now where the percentages are different, offsets the need to deal Price and Weber. And if you keep those players and accumulate draft picks, depending on where you fall in the lottery, you have the currency to trade up.

IMO Weber doesn’t affect games too significantly - he’s a defensive defenseman with good leadership and a good shot on the power play but doesn’t drive play.

Price, on the other hand, can but he can’t do it alone. No goalie can in today’s game. They’re too reliant on the quality of scoring chances allowed by their defense.

The risk is if you trade them, you then have to find them again in a few years and those deals are hard to make without trading a young stud.

Last edited:

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I really hope that we imitate the Blues to an extent this deadline. If the team is happy with the development of guys like Juulsen, Brook, and/or Fleury than start to shop Petry near the deadline. Same for Poehling, KK, or even Suzuki. If those guys have a solid development year, than shop Danault.

I more and more see this team building towards the 2021/22 as their first possible year as being a true contender if more things go right than wrong. Start to add pieces that they are confident will be contributors in that window.

I agree with you completely but I would rather trade Drouin, keep Danault, and move Domi to the wing. There’s no way this team can challenge so why spend the cap space on guys that aren’t going to move the needle right now.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I agree with you completely but I would rather trade Drouin, keep Danault, and move Domi to the wing. There’s no way this team can challenge so why spend the cap space on guys that aren’t going to move the needle right now.

I don't move Domi to the wing until somebody has really pushed him there. He thrived at center this year, and after years of waiting, I think we'd be crazy to move him to the wing.

Drouin is easy to target, but he's signed reasonably, long term, and even in a year that people consider him to be garbage, produced as our 3rd leading scorer. Even if he's at best a 50-60 point winger, he'll have a roll on this team.

Danault I actually like. But I see him being pushed further and further down the depth chart if we become contenders. I just don't forsee paying Danault what he wants given where I think he'll be on our roster should it be progressing toward an eventual contender status.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Would anyone trade suzuki, poehling and our 1st next year for 1OA - Alexis lafreniere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad