Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Bergevin doesn't make another move, we're ****ed

It's all going to come down to the young guys.

At forward id Poehking and Suzuki are ready for the top 9, that changes the dynamic of the top 9.

On d, Chiarot is not the answer. Would ve great if Brook is ready. Either he or Juulsen would have to play the left or a trade needs to happen.

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
No way this season gets underway without another move-- I can't make sense of these signings...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Is MB targeting Hall at next year's UFA period? Or at the deadline?
This summer would've been a good time for Bergevin to target and acquire a UFA. It didn't happen. I doubt the stars align any better next summer. UFAs don't want to play here and/or the Habs don't want to pay them enough -- unless both those factors shift, there's no point strategizing around a UFA market that doesn't match what we offer. Frustrating as hell to see top players go everywhere else but here; the only consolation is it leaves more leeway to sign pending RFAs Domi and Kotkaniemi earlier.

Trade deadline pickups are always possible, but that's icing on the cake. We still need the cake. The only way to get it, outside of our rookies exploding, is through good ol' fashioned trade. I'm still hoping that Bergevin swoops down for a bold September deal with a team that needs to become cap compliant. I won't even guess who, what or when.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
No way this season gets underway without another move-- I can't make sense of these signings...
It's like watching a movie and waiting for the climax. You know it has to come sometime, right? Something has to happen... right?? Please tell me this off-season won't be one of those arthouse films where all you see is the main character staring at his telephone for two hours, then the word, "Fin", appears and the credits roll.

Reactions: habsfan891

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If he does, we could be more ****ed.
Y'know, it looks like Bergevin has become so risk-averse that he's more likely to do nothing than **** up. I'm guessing he's targeting top-players or nothing. I'll stick to my prediction that he'll still make an impact move before the season starts, and none of us will see it coming.

Reactions: groovejuice

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Y'know, it looks like Bergevin has become so risk-averse that he's more likely to do nothing than **** up. I'm guessing he's targeting top-players or nothing. I'll stick to my prediction that he'll still make an impact move before the season starts, and none of us will see it coming.
I wish i had your faith i expect our current lineup to be the opening day one with maybe suzuki or brook suprising for a spot nothing else

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I wish i had your faith i expect our current lineup to be the opening day one with maybe suzuki or brook suprising for a spot nothing else
If I stopped having faith, I'd have given up hockey years ago.

I'm still undecided, which makes me a puckgnostic.

Reactions: habsfan891

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I'm all for that. I agree though that Bergevin seems to be hoping all his players with PBs last season will repeat or improve those performances. Obviously, the opposite is much more likely.

Inaction is not acceptable, especially to save one's own job.

Reactions: Hacketts and Lshap

Jul 6, 2016
It's all going to come down to the young guys.

At forward id Poehking and Suzuki are ready for the top 9, that changes the dynamic of the top 9.

On d, Chiarot is not the answer. Would ve great if Brook is ready. Either he or Juulsen would have to play the left or a trade needs to happen.

Chiarot is not the answer, but he is part of the solution. Better than Benn and tougher. Brook is not ready. You won't see both Poehling and Suzuki in the line up t the start of the season. Maybe Poehling, but not both. Really, will it be that hard to replace Shaw in the top six ?

Jul 6, 2016
I'm all for that. I agree though that Bergevin seems to be hoping all his players with PBs last season will repeat or improve those performances. Obviously, the opposite is much more likely.

Inaction is not acceptable, especially to save one's own job.

If they do the same and Drouin improves, the team is better. Armia has missed many games, Same with Byron. And Cousins, Weal and Thompson or Poehling are far better than our last season's 4th line.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Chiarot is not the answer, but he is part of the solution. Better than Benn and tougher. Brook is not ready. You won't see both Poehling and Suzuki in the line up t the start of the season. Maybe Poehling, but not both. Really, will it be that hard to replace Shaw in the top six ?

We'll see about Chariot, but he sounds like on upgrade on Benn - on the bottom pair. We need an upgrade in the top 4...

I didn't say Brook was ready, I said if we're going to have an upgrade to the top 4 it will be because he or Juulsen are ready - notice I said IF.

Same with the forwards. Byron, Lehkonen, Armia are solid depth guys. They don't make us better than Shaw, or what we had last year. IF, a big if, Poehling and Suzuki are ready for the top 9 that will be huge. But it is again a big IF.

Other than that, you need guys like Domi, Drouin, Kulak, and Mete to make big strides as they get closer to their prime...

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Is MB targeting Hall at next year's UFA period? Or at the deadline?

if thats the plan, throw in the towel now,

we all know how well the UFA plans have worked out so far, Tavares, MDuchene......MB couldnt even reel in Simmonds

MB traded Shaw expecting to sign MD, how well did that work out?

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Lots of talk about Mtl and Winn in trade talks involving Laine.......cant see it happening we just dont have the horses willing to give up to aquire him......it would take Kotkaniemi, Poeling, Suzuki, Gallagher, Caufield two or more at least......I myself would rather keep these players and picks......Laine would be a sweet addition but not at the cost i would have to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->