Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I dnt think Bergevin should make any trades at this point Nothing he can do would catapult the Habs into the SC finals. Bwsies. I fear tading away the best prospects just to eke into the playoffs. The Habs will be fine in 2-3 years. I'd rather have Poehling that the 35-year=old perennial all-star Bergeron or the other 30ish moldy oldies n the Bruins (who were shown up by the Blues). The Leafs without Msrner don't scare me. The only teams that worry me ar Tampa and Florida.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I dnt think Bergevin should make any trades at this point Nothing he can do would catapult the Habs into the SC finals. Bwsies. I fear tading away the best prospects just to eke into the playoffs. The Habs will be fine in 2-3 years. I'd rather have Poehling that the 35-year=old perennial all-star Bergeron or the other 30ish moldy oldies n the Bruins (who were shown up by the Blues). The Leafs without Msrner don't scare me. The only teams that worry me ar Tampa and Florida.

that being said, then trade Price, because in 3 years, we will be talking about why habs still have him, pains me to say this, but it will happen

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
Wondering if Habfans would part with a couple of prospects for a crack at Laine?

Suzuki (or Poehling), Brook, McShane, and Alzner/Weise as a dump for Laine?

Too much, too little? Revise the proposal as you see fit.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I just don’t see Laine being traded. You don’t trade a guy that have 110 goals in the NHL at 21. He will be the best pure goal scorer in the league in 2-3 years

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I just don’t see Laine being traded. You don’t trade a guy that have 110 goals in the NHL at 21. He will be the best pure goal scorer in the league in 2-3 years

Laine is not multi dimensional though. Gets you goals on the PP,but 5 on 5 is not his forte. He would get lambasted in MTL for his level of compete 5 on 5.

Reactions: AcadiaAxeMan

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Exactly, PASS. You're never going to win a cup with so much money tied up in a one dimensional headcase who is a 5v5 liability.
Honestly if all it costs for Laine is a couple prospects and we get to dump alzner or weise you do that deal instantly his lack of 5 on 5 compete concerns me far less than our abysmal powerplay which has yet to be addressed at all

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Exactly, PASS. You're never going to win a cup with so much money tied up in a one dimensional headcase who is a 5v5 liability.

No doubt! would rather have Marner than Laine for the same coin. And you can't have Laine and JD on the same team unless you're perpetually playing on the PP.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Wondering if Habfans would part with a couple of prospects for a crack at Laine?

I don't see either side going the prospect route for Laine. If you are the Jets, who want to contend, it doesn't make sense to trade for futures so imo you are looking at Gallagher or Domi plus. For the Habs they appear to be building for the future, so trading 2 top prospects plus more as I highly doubt Suzuki/Poehling, Brook, McShane gets it done let alone adding a cap dump.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't see either side going the prospect route for Laine. If you are the Jets, who want to contend, it doesn't make sense to trade for futures so imo you are looking at Gallagher or Domi plus. For the Habs they appear to be building for the future, so trading 2 top prospects plus more as I highly doubt Suzuki/Poehling, Brook, McShane gets it done let alone adding a cap dump.
I agree but if they need an nhler we could part with Drouin :sarcasm:

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Honestly if all it costs for Laine is a couple prospects and we get to dump alzner or weise you do that deal instantly his lack of 5 on 5 compete concerns me far less than our abysmal powerplay which has yet to be addressed at all

The ask would be Poehling++ and Habs management is so high on him they wouldn't give him up for ROR.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Stop the nonsense. Any team could use a player that can score almost every 2/3 games. Regular season or playoffs. Laine is 21 and still have a lot to learn. You talk like he's his the late 30's and already hit his peak.

He could very well become a 50g+ player and improve his overall game. Don't pretend like you that you already know that he will never win a cup if he makes 9M$. The number of times that I heard things like you never win a cup like a russian leader like Ovechkin.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The ask would be Poehling++ and Habs management is so high on him they wouldn't give him up for ROR.

the one rumor was that the Jets were interested in Domi, which imo makes a lot more sense for them then taking a big risk on an unknown like Poehling when they are trying to win a cup.

As another poster said above, you just don't trade a goal scorer like him. The one way I think it happens is if the rumor/talk is true that he's not too happy being there due to the vets pushing him to work harder. It's a red flag for sure if it's true but imo that's the only way you get him and even then it's going to cost and arm and a leg in terms of assets and cap space. So we would have to give up something very good, much more then Poehling imo, as no matter how high they are on him, I bet he would be a Jet right now if that was the ask. There was also the talk that he wanted to play here due to the Finns on the team, so that could help if MB was willing to give up something really big like a Domi or Gallagher.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Laine is not multi dimensional though. Gets you goals on the PP,but 5 on 5 is not his forte. He would get lambasted in MTL for his level of compete 5 on 5.

Maybe and Laine is not my favourite player, but he scores goal and that is tough to find. How many player in the NHL can score more goal then Laine ? Ovie after ? And he is only 1 year older then Poelhing and younger then Juulsen

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

It's probably too little according to Jets fans, but I wouldn't part with Suzuki, or Poehling, or Brook anyway. If Winnipeg wants a fair deal, they can resign Laine to what he's asking, otherwise I'd be looking for a good deal for us and replace one of our top 6 winger, bundling a prospect ranked from 5 to 10 and some high-end picks. That's all. If it's not enough, pass.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Maybe and Laine is not my favourite player, but he scores goal and that is tough to find. How many player in the NHL can score more goal then Laine ? Ovie after ? And he is only 1 year older then Poelhing and younger then Juulsen

Agreed, kid has 50 goals/season potential written all over him, but yeah let's shit on him because he isn't the hardest worker, yet, at only 21 f***ing years old.

Habs don't need that kind of talent.

At the same time, I don't want to part with our kids, so well, let's not acquire him if he costs too much.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Agreed, kid has 50 goals/season potential written all over him, but yeah let's **** on him because he isn't the hardest worker, yet, at only 21 ****ing years old.

Habs don't need that kind of talent.

At the same time, I don't want to part with our kids, so well, let's not acquire him if he costs too much.

well it's something management has to keep in mind, this team looks like their success is going to be from playing an up tempo game. Their current coach clearly wasn't a fan of Galchenyuk so you don't really want to pay a heavy price for a player that may not work hard (I don't know if he does or doesn't) and that your coach won't trust so that he ends up playing him with a DLR type or on the bottom lines. Not saying Julien would give him the Galchenyuk treatment but that it's things that management would need to consider, if he's a fit for the high cost.

As for parting with prospects, posters can be for or against it as it matters none, it's what MB wants to do and what the Jets would ask for. Imo if they are going to trade one of the best young goal scorers, it won't be for just prospects, I just can't see it not costing a Gallagher or Domi plus. Then again who knows but whatever fans on this board want doesn't matter since it's only what the 2 GM's do that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad