Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I actually think he's a strong bounce-back candidate. PDO's were firmly in the bad luck zone despite Matheson having a career best shooting %. On Ice Save % dropped by 3% year to year. Reimer led the team with a .900 save %. Good for 60th in the league. Combine really bad goaltending with 60% D-Zone starts and you have a recipe for Matheson's season.
Worst giveaway stat of the entire league is bad luck too? I'd stay away.

Reactions: habsfan891

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Worst giveaway stat of the entire league is bad luck too? I'd stay away.

I'd argue there is a systems issue in Florida. Matheson 1, Ekblad 4, Yandle 8, Hoffman 13, Huberdeau 28. 5 players in the top 30 in giveaways and all good players. PDO attempts to measure luck, and because of the Panthers had significantly poor Save%'s most of the team fell in the unlucky category.

Would you want to stay away from Petry as well after his season 2 years ago? When he was a minus 3o, 4th in giveaways, with an .88 on ice save % and a PDO of 96 (firmly in bad luck territory as well)?

Reactions: Vachon23 and vokiel

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'd argue there is a systems issue in Florida. Matheson 1, Ekblad 4, Yandle 8, Hoffman 13, Huberdeau 28. 5 players in the top 30 in giveaways and all good players. PDO attempts to measure luck, and because of the Panthers had significantly poor Save%'s most of the team fell in the unlucky category.

Would you want to stay away from Petry as well after his season 2 years ago? When he was a minus 3o, 4th in giveaways, with an .88 on ice save % and a PDO of 96 (firmly in bad luck territory as well)?
Yes! I would have stayed away from Petry as well. Players who lose the puck too easily always have a hidden impact on the game. The style is just not my cup of tea at all. In the same logic line I'd go after wingers that can steal pucks quickly in a shift before the perimeter scorers.

Reactions: angry pirate

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Isn't that what he wants, though? Of course, could he land in a worse location than the Peg? Someone will pay him.
It does seem with some of these comments that he's looking to play elsewhere this year what's strange is we haven't heard any trade rumors since the Montreal stuff back in June.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Very solid player when on, but I hate his attitude, always have. Seems entitled or something, not sure.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Very solid player when on, but I hate his attitude, always have. Seems entitled or something, not sure.

similar concern... any move for him would require likely quite a commitment in terms of assets given up... the ego is one thing, all elite performers have a strong one, but will he develop the maturity required to channel it towards becoming a winner, or will it turn toxic on him and limit his impact/ceiling?

That we don't have any established veteran top-6 elite performers in the squad would be a risk... he'd come in and immediately be the Alpha. Hopefully Price/Weber/Gally/Domi could provide enough leadership and mentorship to get him on board and building the right habits.

but man... the thought of a Drouin - JKO - Laine line meshing and bringing out the best in all three... :wow:

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I'd trade Gallagher for Laine without any issues. MB has interesting pieces for a decent sign and trade.
I wouldn't trade Gallagher, decent caphit and is part of the solution not the problem. Give them Drouin, Mete and a first for all that matters. However MB has a plan, draft Lafrenière.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I wouldn't trade Gallagher, decent caphit and is part of the solution not the problem. Give them Drouin, Mete and a first for all that matters. However MB has a plan, draft Lafrenière.
Very doubtful that Winnipeg bites on Drouin + Mete. I know I would refuse the offer in their shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad