Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
When it comes to young players like that, one can never be 100% certain which is why I always make sure to say that it's only my opinion.

My approach is premised on taking advantage of the Oil having mishandled him, the player not having shown any or much progress and now his agent asking for a trade. That screams at me as a bargain to be had. Maybe I'm misreading the situation and someone will pay more, I'm just not convinced right now with the variables we have.

well, we traded away our 3rd overall for the 12th overall...

Did that work for us? there was no guarantee , and he didn't look like the same player in Phx...we took a gamble...

I be willing to try it again, but lock 21 yr old JP into a long term deal..not a 2 year like Max..

Mishhandled or not, Kenny won't just give him away...I say we use the same as we did for Max...
Giving up a 15th seems like a high price for how he panned out so far at 21.. , but it could be another Max ...

Last edited:
Reactions: bsl

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
well, we traded away our 3rd overall for the 12th overall...

Did that work for us? there was no guarantee , and he didn't look like the same player in Phx...we took a gamble...

I be willing to try it again, but lock 21 yr old JP into a long term deal..not a 2 year like Max..

JP is nowhere near playing like the high draft pick he was projected to be at this point in his career. I don't know if his high draft pedigree even matters at this point. I think too much has happened. Best case scenario would have been for the Oil to hold as they are stuck trying to sell an asset whose value appears to me to be significantly depressed. And now with the agent trying to force their hand with a trade and doing so publicly, it screams bargain to me. Just my opinion.

CreamOfTheCrop

Jan 13, 2009
Montreal
A Flyers fan on this main boards proposed this trade:

Ghost, 11th oa, 2020 1st top 10 protected and Ratcliffe

for

Petry, 15th oa, 2021 1st unprotected and Ylönen

I think it’s pretty fair. Would you guys do this trade?

They should give us McDonald as a salary cap dump because I don't see how this is interesting for Flyers pov.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
JP is nowhere near playing like the high draft pick he was projected to be at this point in his career. I don't know if his high draft pedigree even matters at this point. I think too much has happened. Best case scenario would have been for the Oil to hold as they are stuck trying to sell an asset whose value appears to me to be significantly depressed. And now with the agent trying to force their hand with a trade and doing so publicly, it screams bargain to me. Just my opinion.

who was the guy Arz had (mishandled)the 5th overall and traded to the Hawks last season..?(Strome) didn't look like the same player when he landed in a Hawks jersey that's for sure.78 games 57 pts with the Hawks,,but could not make it in Arz...

21 yr old kid JP...roll the dice.lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My guess is NYR. Full disclosure, it usually is. They’re usually the safest bet. Come to think of it ... it’s often for the same reason - the GF or wife is a model, etc.

Regarding the short plane ride to Ottawa, also consider that she might want her family to come to her. Might be easier to ask mom and dad to drive a couple hrs in a pinch.

NY as a destination-team and being close to Ottawa, will most likely have the edge. I don't believe any of these EK to Montreal reports, we've seen so many rumors not pan out, I'd rather not get disappointed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
who was the guy Arz had (mishandled)the 5th overall and traded to the Hawks last season..?(Strome) didn't look like the same player when he landed in a Hawks jersey that's for sure.

21 yr old kid....JP...roll the dice.lol

Liking your idea to target him. We just disagree on the price to be paid. I also like your point about how he'd fit in the Habs's Finnish Nation.

Reactions: Habaneros

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
They should give us McDonald as a salary cap dump because I don't see how this is interesting for Flyers pov.

Totally respect your opinion which has been already voiced by others but i am surprised. Philly point of view can be (most Flyers will probably disagree) Petry filling the rd need with Sanheim returning ld as he should, 1st protected vs protected is obvious advantage Philly and Ratcliffe/Ylonen are early second rounders from same year so that part cant be that idiotic. Trading down 4 spots does hurt. I believe with counter-offers and discussions the Petry-Ghost base is worthy of discussion. For those interested.

Anyway unlikely since EK is only going to Mtl or Ott and Philly is getting Trouba for scraps because he wont sign there. Sarcasm off.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Totally respect your opinion which has been already voiced by others but i am surprised. Philly point of view can be (most Flyers will probably disagree) Petry filling the rd need with Sanheim returning ld as he should, 1st protected vs protected is obvious advantage Philly and Ratcliffe/Ylonen are early second rounders from same year so that part cant be that idiotic. Trading down 4 spots does hurt. I believe with counter-offers and discussions the Petry-Ghost base is worthy of discussion. For those interested.

Anyway unlikely since EK is only going to Mtl or Ott and Philly is getting Trouba for scraps because he wont sign there. Sarcasm off.

I'm not totally sold on Ghost on account of his defensive shortcomings, as that issue keeps coming up in a lot of posts. Should this be a concern, esp. with how most head coaches and esp. Julien, put a high premium on the defensive side of things?

Reactions: MSSLYNX

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Poolparty would fit right into this team like a glove but at what cost?

He’s been severely mismanaged by the Oil and that’s hindered his development. As such, he’s automatically a reclamation project and his value drops.

Giving a 15th pick for a previous top 5 player in his draft isn’t as simple as swapping picks in the same year. You have to consider the present and future value against Poolparty and whomever may be available at that spot and way your pros and cons. For a player as unestablished as Poolparty, I don’t think any team would give a pick that high and I don’t think I would either. I will say I’d be happy to give a 2nd for him and possibly a depth player or prospect like Weal, Evans or Vejdemo even Lehkonen one for one. But I’m not trading a 15th pick for Poolparty even though his skill set is extremely impressive, he hasn’t shown he has the toolbox and that’s my issue with him at this point.

If this trade was made, I don’t think I’d take too big a sell job to the fans.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Bob Mac said again few days ago on Vancouver1040 radio, Jesse Puljujarvi wants out of Edmonton...a sticky situation too for Oilers ,cause he needs a new contract before season starts.

I would gamble with our 15th...give it to Edmonton(seems like a fair deal),that's a former 4th overall(who hasn't looked like a 4th) for a 15th ...and sign Jessie long term deal....and roll the dice.

One thing i do believe Holland will deal him to the East..
One question. What in his record of the past 5 years convinces you that a 15th overall would be a fair deal? Maybe he was overrated. Look at his record and right now he's simply living up to it. Maybe this is what he is.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I dont think JP is even close to being worth the 15 OVR. I do want to get him though, maybe a 2nd and an ok prospect? Ylonen + 2nd?

Or maybe for one of our wingers, Edmonton needs help now and cheap help

Reactions: sampollock

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Poolparty + for Shaw, that's the only possible trade. Otherwise, where does he play in the lineup? I still would not do it. I think he is a complete bust.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Poolparty + for Shaw, that's the only possible trade. Otherwise, where does he play in the lineup? I still would not do it. I think he is a complete bust.

No way with the way Shaw has played last year.
The only guy from our roster that would make sense for both teams I'd say is Lehkonen

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
How about Drouin and a small plus for Poolparty and Samorukov?

Domi Duchene Shaw
Tatar Danault Gally
Lehkonen KK Poolparty
Byron Poehling/Weal Armia

Kulak Karlsson
Mete Weber
Samorukov Petry
Folin Juulsen

Of course I’m assuming in this alternative universe we also sign Duchene and Karlsson and win the Cup in 16 straight games.

Last edited:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Pacioretty was a very good two way winger when at peak. Calling him a cherry picker is wrong. Although I haven’t seen a lot of him the last year.

Pacioretty was mobile and willing to backcheck but he wasn't good defensively, he was also a cherry picker, always cheating, waiting for a breakout pass. He's speedy and his shot is awsome, in 2 words you can describe his game very well. Skinner is the guy who would make a pass to Patches for a breakaway, I think playmakers are more valuable than sharpshooters; moreover, Skinner has a good shoot too, he's not a one trick poney like Pacioretty is.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I know TFP isn't always regarded as legit and more like clickbait. But they are reporting that the Isles are exploring trading Nick Leddy and Thomas Hickey.

Leddy is one of the LDs I've wanted. He, Gostisbehere, Fowler, and Brodie are players I've liked to see as Habs.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

Domi Duchene Shaw
Tatar Danault Gally
Lehkonen KK Poolparty

Kulak Karlsson
Mete Weber
Samorukov Petry
Folin Juulsen

Of course I’m assuming in this alternative universe we also sign Duchene and Karlsson and win the Cup in 16 straight games.
That would interest me a lot more

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Domi Duchene Shaw
Tatar Danault Gally
Lehkonen KK Poolparty

Kulak Karlsson
Mete Weber
Samorukov Petry
Folin Juulsen

Why on earth would we have to add anything ? it's them who would have to add in order to land Drouin...

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
On Insider Trading tonight they said the ducks are trying to offload Corey Perry and his contract. He has 2 years left at 8.25. Would Bergy be interested in taking on that contract if the ducks were to sweeten the pot and offer one of their topdont think d prospects (Jacob Larsson or Josh Mahura)to take on Perry's cap hit.
I dont think thats enough to take on that much cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad