Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He’s a natural goal scorer, if he made the Habs he’d be on our PP for sure (whether it’s first or second unit remains to be seen), and he’d probably end up as a middle six winger. He’s a need, more of a power forward type but I don’t see him throwing his weight around.
I would try for Toews instead. He is under rated, plays LD. More what we need. Trade for Bellows and draft Poulin kind of redundant.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Trading an nhl player for bellows and poulin not a big fan

We could discuss about nhl prospects our whole life but if you want to win the cup, one of the strategy is to add veterans with skills. Bruins benefited from adding Johansson and Coyle. Blues are winning with their own veterans developed in their own system. Jackets beat Tampa by adding Duchene and Dzingel, Panarin etc

Smart up and sign a guy like Edler instead of waiting Kotka to be Barkov. Romanov to be Markov or Mete to become Brian Leetch

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
Here’s my plan:

Sign Kapanen to a $4 x 4 contract, if the leafs don’t match they get a 2020 2nd, If they do, it weakens their ability to replace the d they are rumoured to be losing.

Resign
Lehkonen to a $2 x 3 contract
Armia to a $2 x 1

Sign Karlsson to a $10 x 7 contract for obvious reasons.
Sign Darling 1 x 800k, take a gamble and see out if he or Lindgren can take the reigns. If not, package one with Hudon and get another backup

Trade
Byron + Juulsen to Coyotes
For
Fischer + 2020 2nd
Yotes get scoring they can move all over their lineup and a d with #4 upside
We get cap relief, a pick to replace the one we lost and a big body with good hands around the net

Trade 2 (only if the leafs match the offersheet)

Shaw
To Carolina
For
2020 2nd + Rangers 2020 3rd

Clears cap space and gives future ammo for us and the Hurricanes replace the grit and scoring ability of Ferland if they can’t resign him.

Lines are interchangeable
Drouin Domi Fischer
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Lehkonen KK Kapanen
Weal Thompson Armia
Dlo Peca Hudon

Karlsson Weber
Kulak Petry
Mete Folin/Fleury
Olofsson

Price
Backup battle

Last edited:

DarkSender

Apr 29, 2019
Laval
How the heck are you going to sign Karlsson (10M$), Kapanen (4M$), Lehkonen (3M$) and Armia (1M$) all together ? and Darling??? Are you talking about Scott Darling ??? - he's actually on a 4M$ contract. Plus, I dont see Armia taking a 850k$ cut in his paycheck just to stay in Montreal.

I do think that Shaw is overpaid and needs to go. But only if we have a better winger at his spot and a better leader in the locker room. That guy is really respected by his teammates and plays a big role in the club. I'll be surprised if he gets traded.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Here’s my plan:

Sign Kapanen to a 4 x 4 contract, if the leafs don’t match they get a 2020 2nd, If they do, it weakens their ability to replace the d they are rumoured to be losing.

Resign
Lehkonen to a 2 x 3 contract
Armia to a 2 x 1

Sign Karlsson to a 7 x 10 contract for obvious reasons.
Sign Darling 1 x 800k, take a gamble and see out if he or Lindgren can take the reigns. If not, package one with Hudon and get another backup

Trade
For
Fischer + 2020 2nd
We get cap relief, a pick to replace the one we lost and a big body with good hands around the net

Shaw
To Carolina
For

Clears cap space and gives future ammo for us and the Hurricanes replace the grit and scoring ability of Ferland if they can’t resign him.

Drouin Domi Fischer
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Weal Thompson Armia
Dlo Peca Hudon

Karlsson Weber
Kulak Petry
Mete Folin/Fleury
Olofsson

Price
Backup battle

So Kotkaniemi and Poehling won't make your team this year?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Here’s my plan:

Sign Kapanen to a 4 x 4 contract, if the leafs don’t match they get a 2020 2nd, If they do, it weakens their ability to replace the d they are rumoured to be losing.

Resign
Lehkonen to a 2 x 3 contract
Armia to a 2 x 1

Sign Karlsson to a 7 x 10 contract for obvious reasons.

Trade
For
Fischer + 2020 2nd

Shaw
To Carolina
For

Drouin Domi Fischer
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Weal Thompson Armia
Dlo Peca Hudon

Karlsson Weber
Kulak Petry
Mete Folin/Fleury
Olofsson

Price
Backup battle
is that roster something you built to tank? We somehow make trades to get 2nd round picks and get worst. Neither Kotkaniemi or poehling are on your roster, you signed Kapanen to make him sit? resign lehkonen to make him sit?

how much thought was put into this? feels like you made this on the fly and drank 4 beers in between each sentences lmao.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
is that roster something you built to tank? We somehow make trades to get 2nd round picks and get worst. Neither Kotkaniemi or poehling are on your roster, you signed Kapanen to make him sit? resign lehkonen to make him sit?

how much thought was put into this? feels like you made this on the fly and drank 4 beers in between each sentences lmao.
I kind of omitted an entire line of fins by accident That fourth line is actually a fifth line and some guys that will be in the minors

Ryan Phoeling will play the season in the AHL As a number one centre and be force-fed tons of minutes, so that he can be better equipped to be our third line centre the following season.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
How the heck are you going to sign Karlsson (10M$), Kapanen (4M$), Lehkonen (3M$) and Armia (1M$) all together ? and Darling??? Are you talking about Scott Darling ??? - he's actually on a 4M$ contract. Plus, I dont see Armia taking a 850k$ cut in his paycheck just to stay in Montreal.

I do think that Shaw is overpaid and needs to go. But only if we have a better winger at his spot and a better leader in the locker room. That guy is really respected by his teammates and plays a big role in the club. I'll be surprised if he gets traded.
I edited my post, I was rushing at work to get it done, I agree with Shaw, I only move him because I believe Kapanen is an upgrade, his void will be filled by Karlsson in this scenario, and net front on that line by Fischer

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
A Flyers fan on this main boards proposed this trade:

Ghost, 11th oa, 2020 1st top 10 protected and Ratcliffe

for

Petry, 15th oa, 2021 1st unprotected and Ylönen

I think it’s pretty fair. Would you guys do this trade?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

for

why the need to swap 2020 and 2021 1sts? Why the need to swap Ylonen and Ratcliff?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

for

No. 2nd pairing would be absolute garbage after trading Petry. Kulak with Juulsen? No thanks. Just to get a guy that produces as much as Petry but does far less with the rest of his game - because he’s LD

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What do people think of:

To PHI: 15th overall
To MTL: Shayne Gostisbehere

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Sign:

Joel Armia - 3yrs @ 2.2mill
Gustav Nyquist - 4yrs @ 6mill
Jake Gardiner - 5yrs @ 6mill
Cam Talbot - 1yr @ 1mill - give him a team to play in front of him and earn him possibly a good contract from another team in the offseason.

Tatar Domi Nyquist
Drouin Danault Gallagher
Byron Kotkaniemi Armia
Weal Poehling Shaw
Thompson Peca

Gardiner Weber
Mete Petry
Kulak Folin
Juulsen

Price
Talbot

After sending Alzner and Weise to the minors. These moves would have the Habs at 356k left in cap space. Seeing as Bergevin hasn't spent to the cap in awhile now I don't see it but, I find it fills out some holes on the roster to help get us to the playoffs, more than giving a boat load of money long term to Duchene. Where we have built up a good center crop and have Poehling and Kotkaniemi pushing for top 6 and moving Danault down.

Karlsson has me worry with his injuries and would prefer to pay less to Gardiner and lesser term I believe. He fills a role on the left side. For those who crap on Gardiners defensive game. Karlsson isn't that great defensively and his offensive game helped mask his defensive problems. Now his mobility has gone down a bit and having issues all around skating wise I think Gardiner would be less of a gamble with still good offensive numbers. Plus playing him with Weber would help him wheel and deal in the offensive aspect of his game and not worry about his defense partner which Toronto has been weak defensively for awhile now.

Lehkonen also I would like to package him with our first to potentially move up in the draft maybe a couple of spots. Or Lehkonen + 1st + 2nd(CBJ) try to get to the top 10 picks.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

for

no way would i consider trading a unprotected 1st in '21 as it's too far out and way too risky, you don't want to be like the Sens where you suck and don't have your 1st.

It's just too many moving parts, I'm not trading Ylonen at this point. To me if they want Petry, and I think he would make a lot of sense for them, I'd just try to get one of their young LD's but not Ghost.

Reactions: bsl

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ghost might be better than MAB, but he gives me similar vibes. He's not a player I'd be actively pursuing.

Ghost is a tough one since his production took a major nosedive so that makes it risky to trade for him as you wonder what you are getting. We badly need LD help so if the Habs felt they could get the required help to be a contender via UFA, trading for Ghost makes sense if the price is right.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Ghost is a tough one since his production took a major nosedive so that makes it risky to trade for him as you wonder what you are getting. We badly need LD help so if the Habs felt they could get the required help to be a contender via UFA, trading for Ghost makes sense if the price is right.

Offensively, he will put up numbers, but like you said, we don't know exactly how much. He's been all over the place. He'd be a nice tool on the PP, theoretically.

What I feel more certain about is his defensive play. I'm not a fan, and I don't think he has the what it takes to develop that weakness. I would really hope the habs are aiming higher than him.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
why the need to swap 2020 and 2021 1sts? Why the need to swap Ylonen and Ratcliff?
Ratcliffe is to give Mtl the Suzuki connection and Ylonen next available forward prospect.
2021 is to give earlier pick to Mtl while taking away their protection later so Philly could win big there to compensate overall deal.
Philly Fans already voicing their displeasure with proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->