Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Renaud Lavoie said at TVA Sport that the Habs where closed to make a deal like Armia yesterday but It didn’t work at the last minute

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
LeBrun has stated that Colin Miller is the d they would like to move I believe

If that’s the truth, I’m trying to get Gusev along with Clarkson as the sweetener, flip an Ikonen level prospect the other way

I'd love Gusev.

As for Clarkson, despite not having played a single game ins 2015-16, he still needs to provide the team with a list of teams because he has a Modified NTC and the team needs to honor that. And what role that could play is he may list teams where he will be the least taxed in. Since he's done as a player, it's no longer listing teams he could "win the Cup with." So for him, it's a purely financial decision at this point.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I'd love Gusev.

As for Clarkson, despite not having played a single game ins 2015-16, he still needs to provide the team with a list of teams because he has a Modified NTC and the team needs to honor that. And what role that could play is he may list teams where he will be the least taxed in. Since he's done as a player, it's no longer listing teams he could "win the Cup with." So for him, it's a purely financial decision at this point.
I was under the impression that it didn’t matter where he was sent as he would only fall under where he physically “worked” at.
Not quite sure how his situation works, but for golfers, they have to file state taxes for every event they play in. The case that went to the Supreme Court was about endorsements, the irs claimed that golfers should pay income tax on endorsements as they do winnings as they are earned in those places, while golfers have residences in no state income tax locations and claim these endorsements are signed and earned then and there.
So long story short, I would believe(I’m not a lawyer) that his earnings happen where he resides (Ohio) because he isn’t travelling with the team, so he would be subject to Ohio state tax, trade location would be moot. The no trade list could just be a contractual obligation the team has to follow

Reactions: Adam Michaels

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
LeBrun has stated that Colin Miller is the d they would like to move I believe

If that’s the truth, I’m trying to get Gusev along with Clarkson as the sweetener, flip an Ikonen level prospect the other way

I think Ikonen is still a pretty solid prospect, no way I give him up to eat Clarkson's salary, we don't know how Gusev's game will translate here.

Reactions: Vachon23

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was under the impression that it didn’t matter where he was sent as he would only fall under where he physically “worked” at.
Not quite sure how his situation works, but for golfers, they have to file state taxes for every event they play in. The case that went to the Supreme Court was about endorsements, the irs claimed that golfers should pay income tax on endorsements as they do winnings as they are earned in those places, while golfers have residences in no state income tax locations and claim these endorsements are signed and earned then and there.
So long story short, I would believe(I’m not a lawyer) that his earnings happen where he resides (Ohio) so he would be subject to Ohio state tax, trade location would be moot. The no trade list could just be a contractual obligation the team has to follow

This makes sense to me. So you could be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->