Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Perry and Lindholm for Alzner and Petry.
Sign Karlsson and Duchene.

Domi Duchene Shaw
Drouin KK Perry
Tatar Danault Gally
Byron Thompson/Poehling Weal

Kulak Karlsson
Lindholm Weber
Mete Juulsen
Folin

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What's a reclamation price exactly? How about nothing? Wait until he's waived or not renewed and that's a proper reclamation price.

A bargain price, then? Doesn’t matter what we call it, it won’t be about paying for his draft pedigree is all.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
What kind of cost would you see as reasonable for him?
What's a reclamation price exactly? How about nothing? Wait until he's waived or not renewed and that's a proper reclamation price.

A RFA on our side that isn't needed but could help them.

Qualify Hudon, then trade him + a middle pick for Puljujarvi.

Not sure if they bite or not, but Hudon at least could help them right now, unlike Puljujarvi, and wouldn't cost too much.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Anaheim passes with ease.

Perry is as big a wart that you’re gonna find. Not many teams can afford $8.5M all in and fewer still would even if they could. They’re going to lose a premium asset. This was they’re at least getting a premium asset in Petry back.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
A RFA on our side that isn't needed but could help them.

Qualify Hudon, then trade him + a middle pick for Puljujarvi.

Not sure if they bite or not, but Hudon at least could help them right now, unlike Puljujarvi, and wouldn't cost too much.
I don't even want to spend that much at this point. They take our deadwood for their deadwood maybe, but I'm not offering any picks.

Edit: Why would I offer any pick for a player who I think would end up in the AHL?

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Icing

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We need another 1st rounder. **** the 2 2nd rounders. We will miss 1 out of those 2. Might as well not miss our 2 1st rounders.
Agreed... Send Petry over for another top 15 pick, rebuild from here. Imagine the influx of talent with two top 15 pick this year, 3rd OA last year, Brook, Poehling and Romanov ?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I don't even want to spend that much at this point. They take our deadwood for their deadwood maybe, but I'm not offering any picks.

Edit: Why would I offer any pick for a player who I think would end up in the AHL?

If we trade for Puljujarvi, it's not to send him the AHL and risk losing him to waivers.

You keep him as a 13th forward, and work him slowly into the lineup. Kinda like Hudon/Peca went through, except that Puljujarvi does have potential, he just needs to be brought up slowly in a more structured environment.

We have 3 5th round picks, could send one of them with a qualified Hudon, who would help their abysmal W depth.

I added the pick because I guess Puljujarvi has more value.

And I'm probably right.

Reactions: Runner77

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If we trade for Puljujarvi, it's not to send him the AHL and risk losing him to waivers.

You keep him as a 13th forward, and work him slowly into the lineup. Kinda like Hudon/Peca went through, except that Puljujarvi does have potential, he just needs to be brought up slowly in a more structured environment.

We have 3 5th round picks, could send one of them with a qualified Hudon, who would help their abysmal W depth.

I added the pick because I guess Puljujarvi has more value.

And I'm probably right.
Then we don't acquire him because I can see easily 5 players I want to play before him on the right wing, that's including Suzuki.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Then we don't acquire him because I can see easily 5 players I want to play before him on the right wing, that's including Suzuki.

Ok, then, why would you even argue about his price tag if you don't even want him ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ok, then, why would you even argue about his price tag if you don't even want him ?

We all have different takes on the player and price.

I think he's a project but I would only pursue it if the price were low.

I doubt EDM gives him away for the price of a 13th forward so if that's the case, he's not for the Habs.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I don't want him on the roster, I don't mind if he starts in the AHL.

Plus, I think acquiring him as a reclamation project and putting him straight on the roster, ahead of your own first rounders that need to prove themselves, sends all the wrong messages at the wrong time.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

This(type of skill) just didn't vanish...the Oilers misued him yes...he played a lot with Lucic ...they screwed his confidence up big..he got down bounced around .. and wants out...

Notice JP blasting on the point...Tsn says Oilers never used him like this at all... can't understand why...That's called not using a player to his strengths....

Tsn also said Oilers never used him on penalty kill..questioning why...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No......but I’d do Lehkonen and a 3rd for Puljujarvi and a 2nd

You don't think Lehkonen is and will be a more complete player than Puljujarvi? Is raising a a third rounder to a 2nd pick enough to cover the difference? Puljujarvi was not just mishandled, he has a lot of bust risk written all over him.

Reactions: jaffy27

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
This just didn't vanish...the Oilers misued him yes...he played alot with Lucic ...they screwed his confidence up big..

Notice JP blasting on the point...Tsn says Oilers never used him like this at all... can't understand why...That's called not using a player to his strengths....

Well great, he can score vs tiny goaltenders :sarcasm:

He was good playing in junior, that's why he was drafted top 5, but hey that first rounder status is just gone and he can't adapt to NHL's bottom lines. Sounds familiar?

Reactions: Runner77

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Well great, he can score vs tiny goaltenders :sarcasm:

He was good playing in junior, that's why he was drafted top 5, but hey that first rounder status is just gone and he can't adapt to NHL's bottom lines. Sounds familiar?

if we stuck Kotkanemei on the 4th line and press boxed him all year...sent him to AHL..yeah i bet that would mess him up too.....JP coming over at 18 didnt know English either...

Reactions: Andrei79

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Alex Galchenyuk...

I didn't see Gally27 in the AHL did you?

That the difference with Montreal..they shown they can take TOP PICKS at 18 yr old..Gally 27 and Kotakanemi and manage them and keep them on the team all year ,not bounce them up and down from Laval AHL .

JP 2 coaches in 3 years in NHL( Todd and Hitch)..and if he stayed this will be his 3rd coach in Edmonton...good luck with that

Last edited:
Reactions: vokiel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad