Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
It took the Habs all season to figure things out and 2 of the LD had to spend time in the A to improve their game,and they did. Habs actually were pretty solid at the end,too little too late,but at least they got the core and style to play with what they got. They failed last season due to a pathetic 4th line that was a shambles all season long and a putrid PP, that was in the top 5 in the last 10-15 games of the season as well as their FO %
I would add a backup goalie as one of the reasons and main priority during offseason. I think if we just replace, or re-sign Benn, then it's not the end of the world as far as defense is concerned. Would be great if we can improve it, but I'd be prudent about it.

Last edited:

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
He’s 6’2” 180. Not small.
Nowhere near a big body either for real... Anyone saying "5,8-175 is small and "6,2"-180 is a "big body" is f***in' hilarious... As if height makes you tougher lmfao... Height isn't a measure of toughness, strenght or durability at ALL, the only advantage height gives you is reach... Nothing against you in particular but it's such a ridiculous thing to think and so many ppl swallow that pill it just p***es me off...

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Montreal needs one LHD to carry the puck and help run the PP and play with Weber and another LHD who can kill penalties and be physical to play with Petry you need to upgrade from Mete if you are trying to win right now.

4F 1D powerplay systems are more successful than a traditional 3-2. We need an elite shooter to be the primary threat on the 2nd unit, and a serviceable shooter to keep teams honest when Weber is on the ice.

Gost has more upside and the contract he's on is sweet. I'd much rather go for him. Gotta say though, he definitely made some defensive gaffes last year when I watched him. Still, when he's on he's on. And he's still young enough that we can work to improve his game. Playing with Weber would be a good pairing.

I can't see him playing with Weber who commends more D-Zone draws than O. Ghost is around 60% o-zone draws for his career. I think Ghost plays with Petry on the 2nd pair and likely leeches his PP time. Still makes us better, just think his usage would be different than a lot of people expect.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
When goal scoring does become available you have to be willing to pay for it like the Penguins with Kessel,Vegas with Stone and Pacioretty and many teams...if Hall,Meier those types become available you have to be willing to mortgage part of your future with prospects and 1st round....Bergevin has not and will not do it he covets late first round picks like no other GM.

One fish we let get away is Radulov. This I will say was a critical error from Bergevin.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I can't see him playing with Weber who commends more D-Zone draws than O. Ghost is around 60% o-zone draws for his career. I think Ghost plays with Petry on the 2nd pair and likely leeches his PP time. Still makes us better, just think his usage would be different than a lot of people expect.

I wonder how Gostisbehere would do with Weber vs whoever he played with the Flyers. The thing is we just don't know. Maybe Weber is the perfect guy for him and vice versa but then if it don't work, I'm not so sure I like him with Petry. Petry is good all around but he was not able to carry any other D before. For the first time in many years, Petry was a + player playing with the physical and mobile Kulak in the last 30 games. Playing Petry with someone soft might not be the best.

I rather Leddy over Gostisbehere. Provides a little less offense but has better all around game.

Reactions: Vachon23

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I wonder how Gostisbehere would do with Weber vs whoever he played with the Flyers. The thing is we just don't know. Maybe Weber is the perfect guy for him and vice versa but then if it don't work, I'm not so sure I like him with Petry. Petry is good all around but he was not able to carry any other D before. For the first time in many years, Petry was a + player playing with the physical and mobile Kulak in the last 30 games. Playing Petry with someone soft might not be the best.

I rather Leddy over Gostisbehere. Provides a little less offense but has better all around game.

I also prefer Leddy to Ghost but at the same time I keep telling myself that the one thing that has to improve is the PP and that’s Ghost’s bread and butter.

Reactions: Vachon23

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Weber to Edmonton for RNH and their first round pick

Shea goes west were he loves it and RNH upgrades top 6 and can play center or wing and even PK

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
Nowhere near a big body either for real... Anyone saying "5,8-175 is small and "6,2"-180 is a "big body" is f***in' hilarious... As if height makes you tougher lmfao... Height isn't a measure of toughness, strenght or durability at ALL, the only advantage height gives you is reach... Nothing against you in particular but it's such a ridiculous thing to think and so many ppl swallow that pill it just p***es me off...

Short-man syndrome if I ever saw one *ducks*

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I also prefer Leddy to Ghost but at the same time I keep telling myself that the one thing that has to improve is the PP and that’s Ghost’s bread and butter.

Agreed. Someone said yesterday to get both and if we can, we should. Use Mete in deals to get one of them.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Shea goes west were he loves it and RNH upgrades top 6 and can play center or wing and even PK

Interesting trade offer and makes me think but I think it's a bit early for the Habs to trade Weber who was just named our captain. And I'm not that high on RNH. I don't think he is soft but he is not a physically strong forward. 2 more years to RFA and Weber is likely around for 4. The 1st bridges the gap in term.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Carey Price says noooooo...

Do you remember what our D was like without Weber? Not good is an understatement.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

I'm not saying he doesn't get a chance but having 60% O-Zone draws over your career isn't a fluke. It's not a big deal, Erik Karlsson was deployed at 60% last year. I just don't see a player with that type of usage being paired with Weber who is leaned on heavily at the opposite end. Ghost, like EK, is most effective when you give him the opportunity to drive the offence. That's why they get the usage they do. I don't see a scenario where we are trading for Ghost to eat the hard defensive minutes that Weber does.

Maybe we are looking at it too linearly. Maybe there is a split usage scenario where Mete plays with Weber and Petry for Defensive zone draws, and Ghost gets deployed with both for offensive. I don't know. I just don't see a drastic change for how he's deployed as a player all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad