Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
How would we know? Russia, if you’re listening ...

It’s not like we usually have advance warning when something is up. We’re kind of in limbo. So many bottom players signed tho, you start wondering if MB just fell back into his old comfort zone.
Well that approach didn't work out to well with carolina,and it does seem like he's falling back into his old habits.The hudon signing doesn't make any sense at all,why wayste the cap space on someone who will probably wind up in laval.i guess at some point bergeven will use all our cap space with these useless signings.:help:

Reactions: Milhouse40

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
If Marner ends up getting Matthews money i could see a Kapanen for Juulsen trade ...Leafs have 5 ufa d-men after this year.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
To Mtl
Stone, Frolik, Bennett

To Cgy
Byron, Reilly, Thompson
---------------------------
To NYR
Juulsen, 2021 3rd, Frolik, Stone

To Mtl
Kreider, Shattenkirk
----------------------------
To Col
Drouin, Fleury

To Mtl
'20 1st, Jost

Kreider - Domi - Tatar
Bennett - Danault - Gallagher
Lekhonen - JKO - Armia
Cousins - Jost - Weal
Hudon, Poehling, Suzuki, Evans

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Shattenkirk
Folin

Price
Kinkaid

- works cap-wise
- competitive roster with much needed balance upgrades
4x top 60 picks for home draft
I would just offer sheet Bennett at second round draft pick compensation money.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
If Bergevin cannot land any top super star scorers like Laine and that seems very unlikely i would see what Kings want for Toffoli 1 year left maybe Lehkanen.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
If Marner ends up getting Matthews money i could see a Kapanen for Juulsen trade ...Leafs have 5 ufa d-men after this year.

Probably not. They'll re-sign a couple and they have Liljegren, (Jesper) Lindgren, Borgman, Kivihalme, and even Sandin in the AHL to move up. All of them have shown good in the AHL and Euro leagues. Leafs won't give up Kapanen for a Juulsen level player. I could see a trade for a D by them, but not with Kapanen and not for Juulsen.

Marner will get money, but less than Matthews, by how much still unknown yet.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If Bergevin cannot land any top super star scorers like Laine and that seems very unlikely i would see what Kings want for Toffoli 1 year left maybe Lehkanen.

If Bergevin can’t land top end talent then it’s time to find a GM who can. Enough is enough.

He’s done a great job on the prospect side so keep him on for strictly for that purpose and bring in another GM for the big boy aspect if the job.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If Bergevin can’t land top end talent then it’s time to find a GM who can. Enough is enough.

He’s done a great job on the prospect side so keep him on for strictly for that purpose and bring in another GM for the big boy aspect if the job.
Looking at the list of UFAs and the amount that they got, I'm actually glad that we didn't go all in on these guys. Panarin would have been nice but we had no chance either way.

I think being a bit patient here and giving guys like Brook, Suzuki and Poehling a chance may be for the best rather than dumping close to 10 M on a guy like Duchene. Bergevin is probably better off going the trade route

Reactions: angusyoung

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Looking at the list of UFAs and the amount that they got, I'm actually glad that we didn't go all in on these guys. Panarin would have been nice but we had no chance either way.

I think being a bit patient here and giving guys like Brook, Suzuki and Poehling a chance may be for the best rather than dumping close to 10 M on a guy like Duchene. Bergevin is probably better off going the trade route
Bergevin is only going that route cause he has no choice but to go that route

he fail at signing UFA
he fail at signing RFA
his trades are for the most part irrelevant (as I said, MOST, not all)

to be expected : trades that will not change much for the present or future of this team.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

he fail at signing UFA
he fail at signing RFA

to be expected : trades that will not change much for the present or future of this team.

He made his bed,gotta to lie in it.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

he fail at signing UFA
he fail at signing RFA

Like I said, it's not the worst thing. I don't want Duchene at 9M for example. Not a good offseason for him but he avoided some land mines that could have crippled the team.

I don't care for most of his moves this off season though. Kincaid was a good pickup but the rest I don't like. Especially Chiarot for that sort of money.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Toffoli is too slow in today's NHl. Laine is a gamble at best. Similar 'tude as the whipping boy now and we see how that be going.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I’m not talking UFA. I’m talking trade. UFA is almost always a bad investment. But with a farm full of prospects, a draft full of picks, a bank full of money, and several teams with major cap issues, there’s really no excuses anymore. Get it done or leave it to someone who can. Plain and simple.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I’m not talking UFA. I’m talking trade. UFA is almost always a bad investment. But with a farm full of prospects, a draft full of picks, a bank full of money, and several teams with major cap issues, there’s really no excuses anymore. Get it done or leave it to someone who can. Plain and simple.

Hey Carolina just got a 1st round pick to take on Marleau's contract......and here we are with our pocket full of money and Bergevin not doing anything with it. That would have been a great move.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hey Carolina just got a 1st round pick to take on Marleau's contract......and here we are with our pocket full of money and Bergevin not doing anything with it. That would have been a great move.

I’d rather see us get a great player now. Not a lottery ticket for one.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Agreed, but right now the choice is more between nothing and a lottery ticket.

Disagree. There’s a bunch of teams that need to shed salary to get under the cap and sign key players. Boston, Calgary, Vegas, Toronto, Jets, Tampa etc.

If he can’t turn assets and cash into a top 3 player or a top prospect at the least, then go home. If you have all the pieces you need and still can’t get it done, you’re just not suited to the job. It’s thay simple. If we can’t sign or draft a star player, and the GM can’t trade for one then that’s a sign of something being seriously wrong and a change needs to be made.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I doubt Bergevin makes a huge splash before seeing a bit more from the rookies. Juulsen, Brook, Poehling, Suzuki, Fleury and a couple others could make the team at some point. If he trades, it better be for a LD.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I doubt Bergevin makes a huge splash before seeing a bit more from the rookies. Juulsen, Brook, Poehling, Suzuki, Fleury and a couple others could make the team at some point. If he trades, it better be for a LD.
So Jack Johnson? There ain't no one available anymore unless you want the contracts no other teams want. There won't be any further movement imho.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
So Jack Johnson? There ain't no one available anymore unless you want the contracts no other teams want. There won't be any further movement imho.

Johnson is 3.25M/yr until 2023. Not that much aav, but way too long. Pitt needs to add some sweet to however is taking JJ.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Loui Erikson
For
Alzner + Weisz
I think Canucks might do Alzner for Eriksson. I don't think they'd take Weise too though. Wouldn't mind taking Eriksson and seeing how he does under Julien. He was his coach in Boston and did alright. If anyone can get the most out of him, it would be Julien.

Reactions: DangerDave

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Gusev is the one to get.
Two years at 4M would be better than the Raulov deal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Radulov was a free asset, how can Gusev be “better’”? Gusev has not proven he can play in the NHL, Radulov has.

Also, why the comparison? Adding Gusev doesn’t at all alleviate the fact that MB screwed up in not signing Radulov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad