Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Patches currently might not be worth as much as we would like but he would fetch us the same amount of more than Evander Kane got for Buffalo.

Just to note, I never said the other party is dumb, now your just causing conflict but I suppose a better way of putting it is that PIT fans over value alot of their players due to the Crosby and Malkin effects.
Fair enough.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Asked my friend today any news on Anthony Duclair. She said no. Marc Bergevin has not submit or call his agent about signing Duclair. She said apparently what he said at the press was to please the local.

She said Bergevin is still calling LA and had discussions with Blake recently. Maybe to touch base.

What about the Pens?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hey guys, just confirmed from a really well connected source. Eklund is a complete and total fraud. It’s 100% accurate. For the 1,847,838,203,942 time.

Reactions: vokiel

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Pittsburgh fans also think that Guentzel is as good as Pacioretty....so....

Guentzel is better than Pacioretty today in 2018. Stop living in the past. Also, you should place more importance in playoffs production.

Playoffs:
Guentzel 23 goals
Pacioretty 10 goals

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
TO MTL: 2019 1st, 2021 3rd, Sprong and one of Hagelin or Brassard (or both for a massive cap dump).

TO PITS: Pacioretty + Scherbak

I dunno...I think I'm off my rocker...

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
playing with a franchise center helps tho

Tarasenko doesn't play with franchise centers and still scores goals in the playoffs. Also looking at Guentzel's AHL numbers... I think he'd produce regardless.

Pens have assembled a collection of scrubs around Crosby over the years and none of them were scoring like Guentzel is (in the playoffs).

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Guentzel is better than Pacioretty today in 2018. Stop living in the past. Also, you should place more importance in playoffs production.

Playoffs:
Guentzel 23 goals
Pacioretty 10 goals

Get back to me when Guentzel plays with a center equivalent of DD and scores 30 goals that year. I figure I might be waiting a while so while I wait ill actually be trying to provide something to the conversation.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
TO MTL: 2019 1st, 2021 3rd, Sprong and one of Hagelin or Brassard (or both for a massive cap dump).

TO PITS: Pacioretty + Scherbak

I dunno...I think I'm off my rocker...

Add Byron, retain 50% of salary. Habs save the Pens 6 Million and give them 50G and a good prospect. They could play Max and Byron on the 4th line at that price. And they could still sign or trade for another 6 million player.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’d do Patches and a toss in for Guenzel, Maata and a 1st. I’d even swap Maata for Letang and his cap hit to make the cap numbers work. Then trade Petry for more picks and prospects.

Reactions: blarneylad

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Guentzel is the real deal. I wouldn't trade him for anything if I am the Pens.

Good thing the habs grabbed Connor Crisp instead of him about 6 picks later.:banghead:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Tarasenko doesn't play with franchise centers and still scores goals in the playoffs. Also looking at Guentzel's AHL numbers... I think he'd produce regardless.

Pens have assembled a collection of scrubs around Crosby over the years and none of them were scoring like Guentzel is (in the playoffs).

Tarasenko dont , but he plays with someone good at the center position , compared to pacioretty who plays with dung pieces

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Get back to me when Guentzel plays with a center equivalent of DD and scores 30 goals that year. I figure I might be waiting a while so while I wait ill actually be trying to provide something to the conversation.

Get back to me when Pacioretty ever scores 30 goals again with a center like DD. As I told you.. stop living in the past.

But even if he were to find his form again... he'd still need a huge amount of pampering to score like that again.

People think playing with a high end center will automatically boost your numbers but in today's NHL it's different than it used to be. I don't know if you remember but when the pens acquired Kessel.. they were playing him with Crosby and/or Malkin and he just wasn't scoring that first season. They dropped him to the 3rd line with Hagelin and Bonino and boom explosion in production.

How were we using Pacioretty+DD in the Therrien years ? In an exploitation role a lot of the years where he produced. Today with CJ, it's a drought..... a long walk in the desert... he doesn't even look good. It's not even one of those years where you think ... yeah he was really unlucky.. he could easily have scored more (like Hudon last year). He was like Gionta+Gomez toward the end where you saw them take dumb shots from predictable spots and ... the shot count fantasy crowd was going nuts over how good in possession they were.. yet the people who watch the games knew they were awful.

There have been a lot of worrying signs in Patch's game over the last 3 years independently from production.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
We’re not getting a centre back. Geeezzuus.
His value is low. If you can get sprong and a 2nd , take it.
The alternative is signing him to 6-7 million a year
Or you wait till the deadline. Then you risk injury or a bad season and his value will be even lower

He has value, and its definitely more then sprong and a 2nd

Reactions: 417

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He has value, and its definitely more then sprong and a 2nd
I see. And how’s it coming along??
I’ll believe Pacioretty is being traded when it happens
Sprong is the Pens best prospect
Ppg in the AHL and only 21
Max playoff magician show has put off a lot of teams

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I see. And how’s it coming along??
I’ll believe Pacioretty is being traded when it happens
Sprong is the Pens best prospect
Ppg in the AHL and only 21
Max playoff magician show has put off a lot of teams
Max won't create space for himself in the playoffs, he needs guys to pass and recover pucks for him. Pacioretty on a team like Dallas where they have Klingberg, Lindell and now rumoured Karlsson, would be deadly. I wouldn't trade with Pittsburgh unless their next 2 1st are coming back along Sprong.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Max won't create space for himself in the playoffs, he needs guys to pass and recover pucks for him. Pacioretty on a team like Dallas where they have Klingberg, Lindell and now rumoured Karlsson, would be deadly. I wouldn't trade with Pittsburgh unless their next 2 1st are coming back along Sprong.
Good luck getting 2 first round picks for Pacioretty
If we get one , I’ll be ecstatic

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Prepare to be disappointed. NOBODY is trading us a starting, established 1C or 2C for Max Pacioretty. Not on his own. And I'm praying MB isn't dumb enough to attach a #1 pick to Max.

Disagree sorry. I think a contending team would part with a young C top prospect, which would be a 2 on this team. Some teams actually plan ahead and have depth, unlike Bergefool.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Disagree sorry. I think a contending team would part with a young C top prospect, which would be a 2 on this team. Some teams actually plan ahead and have depth, unlike Bergefool.
So you think you can get Vilardi, Thomas or borgstrom?
Oh man, you couldn’t be further off

Reactions: rumrokh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad