Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
TO MTL: 2019 1st, 2021 3rd, Sprong and one of Hagelin or Brassard (or both for a massive cap dump).

TO PITS: Pacioretty + Scherbak

I dunno...I think I'm off my rocker...

Add Byron, retain 50% of salary. Habs save the Pens 6 Million and give them 50G and a good prospect. They could play Max and Byron on the 4th line at that price. And they could still sign or trade for another 6 million player.

Assuming Pacioretty goes for a prospect + 1st...you'd trade Scherbak for a 3rd and cap dump ? Why ?
...and you would add Byron on top of that ? Again...why ? You're just wasting the very few assets we have ?

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Disagree sorry. I think a contending team would part with a young C top prospect, which would be a 2 on this team. Some teams actually plan ahead and have depth, unlike Bergefool.
I specifically said no team would part with an established #1C or 2C and that we would only be able to get a center prospect. So I don't even understand how you disagree when you just wrote the same thing.
And just because they're a 2 on our team, doesn't make them an established 2C.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Carey Price to Vancouver for Demko and Gaudette

Patio-Ready for the Nuge OR
Patio-Ready for a 1st round pick in 2019

Byron for a 2nd and mid tier prospect

Weber for Barrie and a 1st or 1st round picks in 2019, 2020

WELCOME TO MY REBUILD

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
I don’t like pens as a trade partner.

I would only trade Patch for futures because i don’t want any of their VET except Crosby/Malkin

I would do the following:

2019 1st (lottery protected)
If pick B/W 16 to 20 —> a 3rd pick added
If pick B/W 21 to 25 —> a 2nd pick added
If pick B/W 26 to 31 —> a 2nd and 3 pick added

Plus 2 pieces B/W Sprong, Addison, Hallander

The specifics could be adjusted but its the framework I would try

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
i think alot of you set yourselves up for disappointment. Then, through no fault of your own,due to your own disfunctional cognitive thinking, end up blaminf bashing Bergevin.

In a vacuum, Pacioretty is worth a Borgstrom/Viliardi,Thomas, +. But in reality, no team will give that up in this cap driven system.

All teams want elite players on elc contracts. Thats a big piece of the cup contending puzzle. So forget those pieces.

We need to acquire the 1st round pick,and nice complimentary pieces. Aim for the organizations 2nd or 3rd best prospect instead of their best. Maybe aim for an under-used,younger roster player,ala Armia or W.Karlsson.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
i think alot of you set yourselves up for disappointment. Then, through no fault of your own,due to your own disfunctional cognitive thinking, end up blaminf bashing Bergevin.

In a vacuum, Pacioretty is worth a Borgstrom/Viliardi,Thomas, +. But in reality, no team will give that up in this cap driven system.

All teams want elite players on elc contracts. Thats a big piece of the cup contending puzzle. So forget those pieces.

We need to acquire the 1st round pick,and nice complimentary pieces. Aim for the organizations 2nd or 3rd best prospect instead of their best. Maybe aim for an under-used,younger roster player,ala Armia or W.Karlsson.

Depends on circumstances. At some point, teams need to improve their scoring and have hopes it will improve heading into the season.. only to realize that it gets worse or an injury happens.

Patch should return a solid package. We just need to be patient. Lots of GM’s still exploring options with their roster too.

I support a high asking price. We are giving up a serious NHL goal scoring proven asset who is not over the hill, has a great cap hit for one year, and does a lot of things well other than scoring goals

I’m willing to go all the way to the 2019 trade deadline if that’s what it takes. Under no circumstance, I trade him for a low return. We would get a 1st and other adds as a rental so for a full season, it’s a higher price to acquire

Last edited:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

I agree with this. I've suggested these in the past:
* 1st + JAD (~ 3rd best Kings prospect, give or take)
* 1st + Bjugstad (like the two you mentioned, he's also 25 years old.)

Typically, a players production will flatten out at 24 or 25 years of age. The exceptions might be those caught in a numbers game on their team's depth chart or perhaps they've had set-backs with injuries. Bjugstad fits both exceptions.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Assuming Pacioretty goes for a prospect + 1st...you'd trade Scherbak for a 3rd and cap dump ? Why ?
...and you would add Byron on top of that ? Again...why ? You're just wasting the very few assets we have ?

Room. We have too many W. Sprong is a natural RHRW, Scherbak is a LHRW. Sprong is potentially an upgrade on Scherbak.

With Gallagher, Sprong, Armia, Byron and Shaw, we are stacked on RW. This, without consideration that Lehkonen can play either W.

Scherbak hasn't proven all that much yet, even on the AHL, number are good but not great. Getting a 2nd would be better but PITS can't allow that if you look at their picks.

Also keep in mind that Pacioretty gets moved with no extension to his contract, meaning he could walk away from PITS.

All things considered, MTL could easily ask for another prospect for the cap dump or dumps if we take on both of Hagelin and Brassard.

Reactions: scrubadam

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I think anyone including scherbak in a a trade proposal is not seeing where we should be heading. Scherbak is one of our young bright spots with potential along with mete and Juulsen these are exactly the players we should be keeping.

At this point any young player with potential is of greater value to us than any older player who is currently better I.E. Price Weber Pacioretty.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
I think anyone including scherbak in a a trade proposal is not seeing where we should be heading. Scherbak is one of our young bright spots with potential along with mete and Juulsen these are exactly the players we should be keeping.

On Mete and Juulsen I totally agree because our prospect depth won't produce any other viable options before 2-3 years. Our Forward group has many more options which - if need be - may make Scherbak "expandable" - especially if you acquire back another high end prospect.

Sprong is 1 year younger and has 1 more years under contract before RFA status.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
With Carolina signing CDH, gotta think they will trade one of their LD.

They have
Slavin - Faulk
Fleury - Hamilton
Bean - Pesce
+ CDH (LD) and Fox (RD)

I could see Fleury being traded.
A deal around Patch for Fleury+?

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Room. We have too many W. Sprong is a natural RHRW, Scherbak is a LHRW. Sprong is potentially an upgrade on Scherbak.

With Gallagher, Sprong, Armia, Byron and Shaw, we are stacked on RW. This, without consideration that Lehkonen can play either W.

Scherbak hasn't proven all that much yet, even on the AHL, number are good but not great. Getting a 2nd would be better but PITS can't allow that if you look at their picks.

Also keep in mind that Pacioretty gets moved with no extension to his contract, meaning he could walk away from PITS.

All things considered, MTL could easily ask for another prospect for the cap dump or dumps if we take on both of Hagelin and Brassard.

I understand we're wingers-heavy, especially if you acquire Sprong...but I don't see the reason why we should add more. Might as well just use Sherbak and Byron in other trades for d.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
On Mete and Juulsen I totally agree because our prospect depth won't produce any other viable options before 2-3 years. Our Forward group has many more options which - if need be - may make Scherbak "expandable" - especially if you acquire back another high end prospect.

Sprong is 1 year younger and has 1 more years under contract before RFA status.

Yeah. I could be wrong but Scherbak has a little bit of that special offensive talent, and I'm not ready to give up on it at all. I think this year will be the year we see what Scherbak can do and I think that's fair to say. I don't want to trade him before that because honestly, I don't think his value right now is that great so if he flops this year, it's a marginal loss in terms of trade value. If he blossoms then it's a pure win.

Some of the moves that kid was pulling off last year.. None of our players were coming close to that capability.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Scherbak is to get Sprong who was in the deal.

If you drop Sprong and replace him with another prospect lower down then drop scherback.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Scherbak is to get Sprong who was in the deal.

If you drop Sprong and replace him with another prospect lower down then drop scherback.

Okay, in that case, you value Sprong more than I do.
Personally, I think Pacioretty for Sprong + 1st + capdump is a fair offer. But I have to admit, I haven't paying a lot of attention to Sprong since his injury, and always assumed his value dropped after that.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Okay, in that case, you value Sprong more than I do.
Personally, I think Pacioretty for Sprong + 1st + capdump is a fair offer. But I have to admit, I haven't paying a lot of attention to Sprong since his injury, and always assumed his value dropped after that.

In the end either way. I think the main component on the deal would be Sprong/1st/Max. Build from there. Take some cap dumps to add some more pick for the habs, maybe another prospect as well etc...

I don't like the Pens 1st because I think it will be near the end of the draft especially if we gave them Max (and Byron). I would rather move Max somewhere else and still take Brassard/Hagelin from the Pens if they pay us with prospects/picks and would be willing to send Byron there as well.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Carolina just signed DeHaan. They have a clear abundance of young dman. I'd be offering them Pacioretty + ?? for Jake Bean + ??

Bean is a LHD that just turned 20 years old. He could play in Laval next year. Fill an immediate need. I'd also ask for Lucas Wallmark, former 4th round pick who is doing really good in the AHL. He's stuck behind the Aho, Teraivenen, Lindholm, Rask, Staal, Skinner, Williams in Carolina and wont get top 6 opportunity. Here he could have a shot at being our 1st line centre at camp.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Haydn Fleury might make sense since he’s played in the NHL and we already have his brother.

Bean/Fleury + Kuokkanen/Wallmark + 1st.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Carolina just signed DeHaan. They have a clear abundance of young dman. I'd be offering them Pacioretty + ?? for Jake Bean + ??

Bean is a LHD that just turned 20 years old. He could play in Laval next year. Fill an immediate need. I'd also ask for Lucas Wallmark, former 4th round pick who is doing really good in the AHL. He's stuck behind the Aho, Teraivenen, Lindholm, Rask, Staal, Skinner, Williams in Carolina and wont get top 6 opportunity. Here he could have a shot at being our 1st line centre at camp.

I don't think we'd have to add at all to get Jake Bean. Quite the opposite I'd imagine, now I don't follow the WHL closely but Bean from what I've read seems to regressing to a degree and has highly debatable NHL upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad