HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #85 - Offseason Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Rangers will push hard to make a long run in this year playoff. I think they will be a good candidate to trade them monahan at the deadline. He would add quality depth for their team at a very little cost. If Monahan keep producing like that we could go for Lafreniere and their first pick
Lol dude delusional! Rangers aren’t trading LA anymore! They aren’t trading for Monahan to be a 4c on their team lol

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
HuGo would trade him for a bag of pucks if they could. The fact that he is playing well right now is exactly why you trade him and get his albatross of a contract out of here. They will never send him to Laval and this is their opportunity to get out from under almost half of his cap hit because they can bury 1.15 M in Laval with Campbell as ell as saving 1.5 M per season over the next 4 years.

Gallagher is a negative asset and you have to strike before he becomes impossible to move. Anointing him the Masterton trophy winner 1/6th of the way into the season and using that as a reason to not dump his horrific contract is outrageous to say the least. He is not a part of the future and is one of the worst assets on the club....you do not hold on to players like this if you have a chance to get rid of them. That is just awful asset management.
I agree that Gallagher is over paid and he will only decline. Getting rid of him while he is hot is a good move but Campbell contract isn’t that much better, we already have 3 goalies and he isn’t a NHL player you save but you get the fill a roster spot that cut in to the saving, if your only goal is to get rid of Gallagher it is ok but you have to think that EDM is even more desperate to get rid of Campbell there getting rid of a 5M$ AHL goalie for a 6.5M$ top 9 NHL fw and cutting a unless roster player which save a bit of $…

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
Do Kris Knoblauch, the new Oilers headcoach, and any of our goalies have any sort of positive link? Championship, tournament, ...

That might trigger a trade request.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
I agree that Gallagher is over paid and he will only decline. Getting rid of him while he is hot is a good move but Campbell contract isn’t that much better, we already have 3 goalies and he isn’t a NHL player you save but you get the fill a roster spot that cut in to the saving, if your only goal is to get rid of Gallagher it is ok but you have to think that EDM is even more desperate to get rid of Campbell there getting rid of a 5M$ AHL goalie for a 6.5M$ top 9 NHL fw and cutting a unless roster player which save a bit of $…
That's why Allen needs to go the other way for this trade to make sense and accomodate everyone. Oilers get quality keeper and good veteran depth and we solve our 3 man show.

Yall planning on running 3 goalies all year?? Not gonna happen...

Gally leaving make space for a foward kid next 4 years.

We give good quality here which is why their first round pick should be involve. Oilers would also need to dump some trash ala Foegele or Ceci to even out salaries.

People laughing at the Gallagher campbell swap need to see the big picture.

Gally
Allen

Campbell
Foegele/Ceci
First round pick

Add picks or Ds around and make it work... It obviously makes sense for both team.

Reactions: Bottle Rocket

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
While we may not fully agree here I do appreciate the fact that you actually understand the proposal and at least took the time to refute it in a coherent manner.

Thank you for at least temporarily restoring some intelligence to this thread.

I do think that we can keep Campbell in the AHL for 4 years as there are issues with him that I won't get into but for his own well being and happiness it might very well be better for him and I fully believe that he would provide little to no opposition. His ceiling was an NHL backup and playing in the AHL is where he likely belongs. Like any goalie is capable of he had a good run but it was short lived and his confidence may be permanently shattered. If you ever met the man you would very likely agree with me.

Once again, thank you for your nuanced response.

I have nothing left to say regarding your absurd takes on the topic so this will be my final interaction with you.

Bye now :)

My two assumptions : You buy out both in two years and you can't let Campbell finish his contract in the AHL.

If i use your reasoning then i agree it would be a better move to acquire Campbell and save a bit on the caphit. You would need to replace gallagher with at least a min salary player (775 K, i think at the moment). So you save 1.9 M$ for four years which can be valuable or find a better player to replace him.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What opportunity to buy low? You think the Rags were ever sellers? I doubt it.

Here's a made-up Winston Churchill quote:

“Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?" Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.”

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
That's why Allen needs to go the other way for this trade to make sense and accomodate everyone. Oilers get quality keeper and good veteran depth and we solve our 3 man show.

We give good quality here which is why their first round pick should be involve. Oilers would also need to dump some trash ala Foegele or Ceci to even out salaries.

Gally
Allen

Campbell
Foegele/Ceci
First round pick

Add picks or Ds around and make it work... It obviously makes sense for both team.
Yes, it could make sense for both teams, depending on what the return is.
We've discussed this proposal before so i'm not sure what the big fuss is about today.
Maybe because Gallagher is returning to his older form...

Both Ceci and Foegele would have to be involved to make it work BTW.

But, like i said before, i'm not sure the Oilers are prepared to pay the price to make it happen.
And Campbell has a NTC. Gallagher too, but i suspect he would welcome a trade to his hometown and get a better chance to win a cup.

And i'm not sure the Habs would be willing to do that trade now, given that they are still in it and Gallagher is contributing at the moment.
That would send a bad message to the team and to the fans.

Reactions: Destopcorner

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Rangers will push hard to make a long run in this year playoff. I think they will be a good candidate to trade them monahan at the deadline. He would add quality depth for their team at a very little cost. If Monahan keep producing like that we could go for Lafreniere and their first pick

The way AL had been playing lately that is probably not going to be on the table. One of the best fit for Monahan would probably be Colorado. Maybe Boston if the 19 years old kid slow down too much.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Gally
Allen

Campbell
Foegele/Ceci
First round pick

It make a lot more sense for Edm getting a a upgrade on their goalie and a top 9 and while getting rid of spare part. For MTL the add would need to be significant to make it worth it, if your EDM spending that much not sure Allen and Gallagher are the guy…

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I don't see many teams not wanting to add Monahan at $2M.
He can play C or W and pretty much all situations.
A 3rd team can also take 50% of his salary for about a 5th at the TDL.

Reactions: Habssince89

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
If that is true, what Elliott says
Of habs trying to sign Sean M , wonder how much? 3.5 mill for 3 years or more
Where did you hear that? I've seen a few media people advocating for the Habs to resign Monahan, but nothing about it being actually looked at internally.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Freeing salary cap space by trading Gallagher for Campbell..........it is the only trade that I mentioned?
Gally is not a liability. Campbell is. Saves you some money you don’t need now and will disrupt the room.

I don’t see the point to that. What elite forward are you getting with the cap savings from trading Gally? Habs will already have 10’a of millions in cap. Trading away Gally now doesn’t accomplish anything and your stick with Campbell for 5 years paying him $25M. It’s not a viable trade.

Reactions: bsl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad