HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #85 - Offseason Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Habs wouldn't acquire Huberdeau.

Even my random proposal to get a bunch of assets to acquire Campbell, trade him and Gallagher for Huberdeau and more.

That contract is just an anchor at this point their best hope is someone else sucks just as much in 2, or 3 years at a similar contract and they swap anchors.

Flames retaining 50% is too much of a drag to the team. Petry

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I find it hard to believe that Huberdeau just stopped being a great player overnight but I will say there are not many positive things about his play. Like there are very few arguments to be had in his favour at this point. 40-50% retained is the only way you even consider him an option and even then you should be incredibly cautious

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Deal.

I think the only way Nylander doesn't hit 10M+ is if he chooses to take a discount to stay with the Laffs...

Look at his production.
Look at the available UFA's this summer.
Look at the rare/unique massive cap increase this summer.

Put all that together and I'd say there's no way he doesn't hit 10M+ on the open market... just look at the top UFA fwd contract this past summer (Killorn, 6.25M/4yrs)... even without the ~5M cap increase, Nylander easily attracts 3-4M$ more/year imo... the extra cap room available to every team will only increasing the potential bidders.

the same reason that you think Nylander is a worthwhile bet (PPG past 3 years) is the reason why he is going to break the bank if he chooses UFA. (my bet is that he lands in Chicago for 10-11M/year... they have more than enough room to pay the highest price and giving Bedard a running mate for next few years makes too much sense).

You're right about Chicago. They will overpay for a couple of players.

You can't really compare Killorn with Nylander tho. One is one of the best two-way center which also produces a lot on the scoresheet and the other is a point producer winger. They don't bring the same value in a line-up.

My main point being : Nylander's value > Hubby at the same salary either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad