HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #85 - Offseason Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
I hope Kent saying he wants to fight for playoffs as soon as next year will make some people realize it wasn't first year of rebuild and the tank non sense will stop. Not wanting to get good assets for next year (PLD) because it will hurt our tank can finally be put to rest.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
VA
What about Armia for Mantha? They’re both underachievers (unsurprisingly a bit more in the case of Armia). Armia is still signed for 3 years at 3.4M/year and Mantha signed 2 more years but at 5.7M/year in his case. Does this make sense? Is Washington looking to be competitive next year and trying to clear some room under the cap?

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
What about Armia for Mantha? They’re both underachievers (unsurprisingly a bit more in the case of Armia). Armia is still signed for 3 years at 3.4M/year and Mantha signed 2 more years but at 5.7M/year in his case. Does this make sense? Is Washington looking to be competitive next year and trying to clear some room under the cap?
Mantha only has 1 more year signed. He's UFA in summer 2024.

I would trade Armia in a second if Caps take him. We might even get a 2nd or 3rd rounder at the deadline if Mantha does well with MSL.

Reactions: barbu and tazsub3

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

If we could trade 2 years of Armia for any plug with only 1 year left it would be great - even if it just someone we can bury in the minors (such as Mike Reilly or Chris Driedger). Cap space won't matter as much this year, but we could be more competitive in 24-25 and it would be nice not having $8M tied up to Hoffman/Armia anymore.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
VA
Mantha only has 1 more year signed. He's UFA in summer 2024.

I would trade Armia in a second if Caps take him. We might even get a 2nd or 3rd rounder at the deadline if Mantha does well with MSL.
You’re right. I thought it was 2 years vs 3 years. It changes everything. Caps will definitely not take 2 years of Armia for pending UFA Mantha.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I would do it !
We could even trade Mantha at 50% retain at the TDL

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I hope Kent saying he wants to fight for playoffs as soon as next year will make some people realize it wasn't first year of rebuild and the tank non sense will stop. Not wanting to get good assets for next year (PLD) because it will hurt our tank can finally be put to rest.

Yeah I'm sure the team will magically transform into a contender.

Also, that.

He'll most probably make a move or 2, but, fortunately, probably won't sell the bank either, that would be ridiculous.

So yeah, keep your impatience to yourself, thank you.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I get that. But there are limits. Stay away from politics outside of how it affects a player’s status. The last thread went way off the rails.
can we still talk about Michkov about his draft position without mentioning anything else or simply no Michkov talk?

Yeah I'm sure the team will magically transform into a contender.

Also, that.

He'll most probably make a move or 2, but, fortunately, probably won't sell the bank either, that would be ridiculous.

So yeah, keep your impatience to yourself, thank you.

''we dont need Bedard'' ... right
we needed slaf tho

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Caps won't trade Mantha for Armia.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nobody will want Armia unless he’s packaged with some asset that another team covets and he becomes the poison pill that a suitor has to take to get a deal done.

No one can save Armia, not even the almighty Marty.

Unless … Bergevin returns as GM somewhere.

Reactions: tazsub3

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nobody will want Armia unless he’s packaged with some asset that another team covets and he becomes the poison pill that a suitor has to take to get a deal done.

No one can save Armia, not even the almighty Marty.

Unless … Bergevin returns as GM somewhere.

imo, best thing to do with Armia is make him the 13th forward, 14th forward, or a member of the Laval Rocket.

Similarly with Wideman: 8d/Rocket.

Last edited:
Reactions: rochab and CAUFIELD

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Thankfully, as someone else posted above, the tank is still on because unlike Bergevin, Hughes is patient. If a good deal presents itself then we'll jump on it. Bringing in PLD isn't going to be free. We may want to pitch Florida's first and not much else but I wager Jets don't have any interest unless we include Dach which would be stupid.

This team isn't ready for a playoff push yet. We're getting there but unless we draft Bedard, we're likely looking at another down year before the playoffs can be a realistic goal.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think Edmundson & Hoffman (likely with retention) will get moved... and I think Hughes will target adding 2-3 mid 20's players with quality top 6 or top 4d potential but haven't reached it yet, but I don't see him moving a 1st to do that or target an ELC former high pick like Dach.

Mittlestad & Jokiharju from Buff & Mantha from Wash seem like fits for potential deals like that

Edmundson, Ylonen, Avs '24 2nd
For
Mittlestad, Jokiharju

Sabres move 2 rfa players in areas of depth to add a needed playoff tested vet D that fits in well anywhere in their bottom 4 plus an NHL - ready prospect who could fit their bottom 6 @~1M & an extra 2nd in a season they'll likely be buyers/pushing hard for playoffs.

Habs get two expiring bridge contract RFAs who will be pushing to earn a big payday, fit 2 areas of immediate need & have the talent to perhaps grow into top 6/top 4 locks.

I'd add another B prospect like a Tuch or Norlinder, but wouldn't give up a 1st or high 2nd equivalent asset if that's the asking price.
----------------

Hoffman 50%, Kovacevic
For
Mantha, '25 Bruins 2nd

Habs retain & add Kovacevic to get the pick, take a look at Mantha who hopefully either successfully auditions for top 6 spot & gets re-signed or gets moved in season for a decent return.

Caps free up 3.25M while swapping wingers & upgrade their bottom pairing cheaply, 2 moves that help them make the bigger upgrade they'll inevitably be looking for.

CC - Suzuki - Mantha
Mittlestad - Dach - Anderson
Slaf - Dvorak - RHP (Heineman/Farrell/Roy)
Armia - Evans - Gallagher
Pez/Pitlick

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Jokiharju
Xhekaj - Harris
Barron

Monty
Allen

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Wonder if the Leafs will want to move Murray and what they are ready to pay to get him out.

They only have three picks for the next draft (Bos 1st and their 5th/6th round picks).

I wouldn’t mind if Hughes helped them out of that contract for Boston’s first round pick.

Reactions: CapSpace

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Let's say Hughes want to make a other Dach move ..
Here is some target i would like
Patrick Laine.
Jamie Drysdale
Scott Morrow
Barret Hayton
Alexie Lafreniere
Quinton Byfield
Tristan Luneau
PLD

Last edited:
Reactions: 26Mats
Status