HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #85 - Offseason Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Nobody is going to give you anything of value for Gallagher, you can't actually believe that.......right? You are entirely missing the point here.
Dude let me put it this way, if Gallagher reverts to his self over last 3-seasons - injured all the time + zero production…. then yes.

However, if his health has uptick to 20G+, his presence, work ethic & game play will be contagious in a positive manner to this young team

Last edited:
Reactions: Maliki2

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Edmonton badly needs forward depth and would love to move Campbell's contract. We can bury Campbell in Laval and save money while doing so over the course of the next four years. Campbell would also be a little cheaper to buy out if that is the route that HuGo choose to take.

That is the base of the deal and perhaps there could be tinkering from both sides but there seemingly is sound logic for both sides to consider such a trade. Edmonton might want to buy out Campbell but not likely until 2 more years come off of his contract and those are two years where their window with McDavid and Draisaitl can not be wasted.
It might work, but I think Edmonton would need to add a little. I'm not sure how much.

I think I recall you proposing Plekanec for Draisatl sometime around 2017, and you got flamed for it, people said that there was no guarantee that Draisatl would ever become a better player than Plekanec.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

"That" to which you refer is not an argument against the proposal it is what would allow us to make a trade that would not have been possible until recently.

Dude let me put it this way, if Gallagher reverts to his self over last 3-seasons - injured all the time + zero production…. then yes.

However, if his health has uptick to 20G+, his presence, work ethic & game play will be contagious in a positive manner to a young team

Not at 6.5 M, he is still a poor player who has only seen an uptick in production that we should exploit ASAP.

It might work, but I think Edmonton would need to add a little. I'm not sure how much.

I think I recall you proposing Plekanec for Draisatl sometime around 2017, and you got flamed for it, people said that there was no guarantee that Draisatl would ever become a better player than Plekanec.

I proposed Subban for Draisaitl as well....

Reactions: DAChampion

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Gallagher seems to be a great teammate and a good leader showing the way for the youngster in the team. I dont hate the contract if he is indeed a positive presence in the locker room and have an impeccable work ethic. A rebuilding team need some good vets and from what we heard thats what is Gallagher. Plus he is on his way for a 20 goals season, contrary to popular beliefs I dont think his contract is that bad.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Gallagher seems to be a great teammate and a good leader showing the way for the youngster in the team. I dont hate the contract if he is indeed a positive presence in the locker room and have an impeccable work ethic. A rebuilding team need some good vets and from what we heard thats what is Gallagher. Plus he is on his way for a 20 goals season, contrary to popular beliefs I dont think his contract is that bad.

His contract is an abomination and he will be utter garbage well before it expires.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
His contract is an abomination and he will be utter garbage well before it expires.
I disagree with you. A cap hit of 6.5 millions is really not that bad. They are way worst contract in the league. Even in the team he doesnt have the worst contract.

Im OK trading Gallagher but for Campbell??? That trade offer is an abomination.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Price says hi

Rational process waves back...

That was a contract that is/was not good but he was the team MVP, considered a consensus top 5 goaltender and a shoe in Hall of Famer at the time of the signing. His injuries could not be foreseen unlike Gallagher who every Hab fan with a pulse knew it was an abomination from the moment it was announced.

Reactions: MarioLeMoose

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Edmonton badly needs forward depth and would love to move Campbell's contract. We can bury Campbell in Laval and save money while doing so over the course of the next four years. Campbell would also be a little cheaper to buy out if that is the route that HuGo choose to take.

That is the base of the deal and perhaps there could be tinkering from both sides but there seemingly is sound logic for both sides to consider such a trade. Edmonton might want to buy out Campbell but not likely until 2 more years come off of his contract and those are two years where their window with McDavid and Draisaitl can not be wasted.
it's a horrible deal for the habs. gallagher is on pace for 29 goals. while i dont think he'll get there, i'm pretty sure there will be a better deal than the complete failure of a goalie with 20m attached to him.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
What's the point of Edmonton rebuilding? They have two of the best players in the sport on their team! They're going to ride or die with them.
Point is IF both decide to leave this shitty team because they can't win anything... that's when you offer something like this.

Mcdavid doesn't owe anything to the Oilers and I bet he won't finish his career there. Same for Drai.

Now was my offer fair? Its good value and as someone said, Oilers would become a better team after that trade.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The contract coming back is not great either. You’re saving 1.5 million per year for a player that provides nothing. I’d rather pay 1.5million more for a player that offers something.

The Habs save 1.5 but Gally has to be replaced so that's 750k saved, if the replacement makes league minimum.

Alzner is coming off the books next year, 833k saved.

In conclusion, unless the thinkering include their 1st pick and a season pass at World Waterpark I am out.

:teach:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Why do so many young players like Bourgeault, Holloway, Puljujarvi, and Admiral Yamamoto bust in Edmonton? Is it because they were never good players or because the Edmonton organization destroys youth?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I would much rather have Campbell in Laval at 3.85 M than Gallagher taking up a spot in Montreal at 6.5M. I would rather have the ensuing 8M in cap space over the next 3 years that comes with it that might allow us to sign or trade for the super star forward that this team requires. I would rather have Joshua Roy in Gallagher's spot learning to play and build chemistry with our young core than a washed up vet who can barely skate right now, never mind 4 years from now.

Gallagher's time here is all but done and when the first opportunity for Hughes to move him presents itself that allows Hughes to shed cap space it will be the end of Gally in Montreal.

I love what Gallagher brought to the organization in his prime but he will never be that again and this might be our only opportunity to move him before he officially is an albatross and anchor that impedes progress on a rebuilding team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad