HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Why in the world would Dubois decide he wants 11 million?!?!?!?!?!?!

Come on, be somewhat realistic.
The amount is irrelevant. If you trade for him now he can say he will agree to a 7.5 mil long term contract but when Jan 1 rolls around he might change his mind and ask for more than he is worth. HuGo is screwed. Either they agree to his demands or they gave up assets for nothing.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Just imagine Hugo pulls off PLD and Huberdeau. This would be our lines, depending on what we have to give up in those trades of course (though maybe we sign them for free also, but let's have some fun).

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Anderson - PLD - Huberdeau
2023 1st - Dach - Gallagher
There’s still a cap space lmao

would you guys do 7 years 6.5 mil for Hub?
Anyday, but I doubt Johnny Hub does that

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The amount is irrelevant. If you trade for him now he can say he will agree to a 7.5 mil long term contract but when Jan 1 rolls around he might change his mind and ask for more than he is worth. HuGo is screwed. Either they agree to his demands or they gave up assets for nothing.

How is the amount irrelevant?! That's what the discussion is about! The very next sentence you're talking about whether the player prices himself out. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also, I have reservations that a guy who's trying to force his way to your team will an all-time difficult negotiator, but that's neither here nor there.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Id honestly stay away from Huberdeau. He'll probably want something in the range of 10-11 mil. For an aging player, I wouldn't be comfortable. Dude is going to be 30 when you sign him in FA. I'd rather just shell out 7ish mil for Dubois. Habs future top 6 with Dubois and the 2023 presumptive top 5 pick will be stacked already, better to go fishing for a high quality D:

Suzuki
Slafkovsky
Caufield
Dubois
2023 top 5 pick
Dach (who can play W)
Yup. As nice as it would be getting Huberdeau, his price tag likely makes him our Tavares and we end up like the leafs.
Perpetual cap hell and no margin to improve.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Also, according to all these projected lineups we’re seeing posted now, Bedard will be a Hab. Didn’t you hear?
:surrender

200w (2).gif

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm sure the Habs and Dubois would have a ballpark figure but nothing set in stone at the time of a summer trade but that his play up until January would play a role in the final figure. As for the rest, well you know, that's just life. You can't decide not to make a trade because you can't game every single thing about it, such as teammate squabble or the likes.

But this is moot because I don't think there is a single chance that the Jets trade Dubois for rental price. Whatever deal they do for him will include Brisson and he will be dealt as a long-term contributor to whatever team acquires him.
Right. After Jan 1.

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
I don't care what you choose to believe, to be honest. The fact I'm willing to divulge information I really shouldn't to only certain people to prove I'm not just throwing "fake" stuff should be enough to tell you I'm not bluffing on this one.
I’d have pretty weird standard of « that tells me enough to know he’s not bluffing » If that was the case tho lol

Just so absurd lol mods and admin are keeping my secret so you should know it’s true

Geniunely curious on the process of knowing some big info that’s valid to the hockey fans, telling it to only the mods and admins aka the gatekeepers and the users u’d like to be friends with … seems pretty weird behavior no ?

I would think at this point the person care more about the teasing than to share the info and/or « put poeple in a lot of trouble »

Even if you’re right… something’s wtong about it no ? Lol

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
For sure. That falls inline with what HuGo have been saying about being contenders by building the team now. At that time you’ll be getting peak Caufield and Suzuki while Slaf and 2023 pick should be productive. Add a couple more players like Huberdeau and D and you have a contender in that time period.

Don’t underestimate the power of competent management and the attention it gets from players. Building a winning team and environment goes a long way. No one wants to play for a losing team with no plans to get better. Hopefully HuGo can shift that into making Montreal a team to go to for UFAs and our own players. When they’re winning, there’s no place like Montreal.
A coach like MSL is also a big factor for players wanting to come here. People underestimate how players value coaching styles and the opportunity it gives them to shine. Usually, you don't hear much about the coach, but every player or prospect asked about playing in Montreal mention MSL.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
How is the amount irrelevant?! That's what the discussion is about! The very next sentence you're talking about whether the player prices himself out. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also, I have reservations that a guy who's trying to force his way to your team will an all-time difficult negotiator, but that's neither here nor there.
The actual amount IS irrelevant if it is more than HuGo is willing to pay. Never give the the other guy the upper hand. There is no way to know what Dubois really wants. And even if he wants to play for the Habs he might not be able to resist asking for more.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The actual amount IS irrelevant if it is more than HuGo is willing to pay. Never give the the other guy the upper hand. There is no way to know what Dubois really wants. And even if he wants to play for the Habs he might not be able to resist asking for more.

But that doesn't matter because there would be figure talk before a deal is even made. This really sounds like you're stretching it because you don't want Dubois as opposed to an actual rational concern. The idea that a player who's desperate to play for you would price himself out is extremely unlikely.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
A coach like MSL is also a big factor for players wanting to come here. People underestimate how players value coaching styles and the opportunity it gives them to shine. Usually, you don't hear much about the coach, but every player or prospect asked about playing in Montreal mention MSL.
This............big time...we just might have some credibility now with certain players, especially those who can produce.
My god it's been 40 years since we have had an offensive star.......Kovy got 84 pts and we thought that was amazing. Geez, might be our turn to finally grab a star type of player, who actually wants to come, to the city and play for the coach!!

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I would probably pass on Huberdeau unless Hughes is the creator of the universe and somehow miraculously makes this team into a contender by the end of the season and clears a tonne of cap space as well.

I could see him being a Tavares and basically making our cap situation a nightmare all for a player that is more of a luxury rather than an integral peice. Those 30+ kind of players are the guys you add after your team is built, not during its construction. We need the cap flexibility to fill out our lineup.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I also know something that I cannot divulge (only with admins/mods, as long as it remains hush-hush and never publicized - it could get several people in a LOT of trouble) which makes me more convinced he'd be down to sign in Montreal.

But yeah, unless Calgary becomes a top-contender for the Stanley Cup and Hubs really sees his best shot at a Cup there, I think he's MTL bound next season.

I can't wait! Hope to see Hubs a part of our team next season!!!
From what I've heard, Huberdeau is pissed about leaving Florida and the person I spoke to said it would be a huge surprise if he was signing in Calgary. Montréal would definitely be a good option especially if Dubois goes there also.

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
From what I've heard, Huberdeau is pissed about leaving Florida and the person I spoke to said it would be a huge surprise if he was signing in Calgary. Montréal would definitely be a good option especially if Dubois goes there also.
He could always sign in Tampa next year for revenge/keep the lifestyle, if they traded some salary out. How long does Stamkos have left on his contract?

Reactions: sergejean

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Even if Calgary won the deal… Treliving didnt think about long term. I mean, what happen, if both, Huberdeau/ Weegar want to leave next year? I expect Calgary as A competitive team next year, so I don’t see a trade coming at next deadline. If I was Treliving, I would target players with terms +/or high valuable prospect. And then, if treliving want to stay competitive, overpay Kadri/klingberg. I bet Hubby and Weegar test the market next year.
Same history with Winnipeg. Im sure Hugues offered them Anderson/Dvorak for Dubois. Those team should understand that kind of players with long terms are gold. Obviously, they don’t understand it.

Reactions: themilosh

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I hope Dooby and Hooby actually want to sign with the Habs but only if it is team friendly contracts. I wouldn’t dish out 7x10 to a dude over 30 not named McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad