HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
anyone who thinks Florida's pick should be in play for Dubios is 1000% wrong. The Habs just finished as the worst team in the league and unless Price is 100% healthy and does in fact have a few years left in the tank as a top 10 goalie, then the only thing the Habs should be doing is focusing on rebuilding. If they can't trade some form of Edmundson, Anderson, Dvorak, Dach for PLD then they should move on, don't give up future assets unless the deal is too good to pass up.
Yup…..we are almost assured of finishing last in out conference again and there’s no way 5 teams are worst then us in the west….essentially we are more then likely in the top 5 which will Net us a a cost controlling star for the next 5yrs!!

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
It's up to Hughes to make him see that. I think he might be able to do it with Slafkovsky on board and another really good draft pick in 2023 that can have an impact in a couple of years. Somehow land Dubois and a quality RHD like Weegar as well as UFAs (not necessarily Weegar) and our lineup just looks 5 times better, IMHO.

Top-6 up front:

Huberdeau - Dubois - Caufield (two scoring options for Huberdeau as premiere playmaker)
Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Roy (Roy as replacement trigger for Suzuki and Slaf as play driver)
Heineman - Fantilli - Dach
Farrell - Beck - Ylonen/Mesar

Talent on backend:

Guhle - Weegar (or equivalent) (Shutdown 1st pairing with offensive upside)
Matheson - Barron (Veteran presence in Matheson to mentor Barron)
Harris - Mailloux (Kid pairing form third pairing with size and offensive upside)
Xhekaj (Mean, hard-hitting option to sub in throughout the D-Corps)

Looking at that lineup the long term success of the Habs really relies on players like Guhle, Barron, and Harris really taking major steps forward and at least two of them hitting their ceilings. As well as finding an above average starting goalie. Right now I’m skeptical that defence would be good enough for the Habs to contend.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yup…..we are almost assured of finishing last in out conference again and there’s no way 5 teams are worst then us in the west….essentially we are more then likely in the top 5 which will Net us a a cost controlling star for the next 5yrs!!

Nobody's talking about giving up our 2023 1st for Dubois. We're talking about Florida's pick.

Reactions: jaffy27 and le_sean

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Looking at that lineup the long term success of the Habs really relies on players like Guhle, Barron, and Harris really taking major steps forward and at least two of them hitting their ceilings. As well as finding an above average starting goalie. Right now I’m skeptical that defence would be good enough for the Habs to contend.
The Habs may not have a #1 dman in their system. But right now they are far from worrying about that. Develop the guys who are there and when their window hits in 2-3 years then they can make those tough trades.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Flames should get a fortune for Huberdeau and Weegar with 50% retained.
I think they can go for it honestly. A Sutter team with that defence in front of Markstrom could surprise. They still have lots of cap space.

Reactions: Wats

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The Habs may not have a #1 dman in their system. But right now they are far from worrying about that. Develop the guys who are there and when their window hits in 2-3 years then they can make those tough trades.

I don’t see their window to contend is in 2-3 years. If everything goes right it’s 4-5 years away.

And #1 defenceman are very tough to trade for. Their defence needs a lot of work right now, it should be one of their biggest concerns when looking at long term success.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I don’t see their window to contend is in 2-3 years. If everything goes right it’s 4-5 years away.

And #1 defenceman are very tough to trade for. Their defence needs a lot of work right now, it should be one of their biggest concerns when looking at long term success.
I just mean I wouldn't get a veteran #1 dman now. They would waste their best years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This summer’s Habs forum post generator.

Name a player (any Habs player).

Follow that up with: “Can’t wait to see how he does in a full season under MSL.”

Ideal for slow news days.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Trade alert-

wfp jeff hamilton reporting possible jets habs deal for obviously dubois that might be hinging on a reportedly price retirement.

For those interested in Hamilton's reporting. He is usually accurate and has been the go to guy for reporting Bowness connection with jets a full month before it happened and same with their draft pick and assistant coaching hire

So pay attention to him in the coming days.
Link?

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Trade alert-

wfp jeff hamilton reporting possible jets habs deal for obviously dubois that might be hinging on a reportedly price retirement.

For those interested in Hamilton's reporting. He is usually accurate and has been the go to guy for reporting Bowness connection with jets a full month before it happened and same with their draft pick and assistant coaching hire

Please stop posing this bullshit, Hamilton never said anything about a trade being close. You are making things up at this point.

For anybody interested in what Hamilton actually said, he posted some wild speculation on twitter about trading Hellebuyck but never at any point indicated that it was being discussed by the Jets.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Please stop posing this bullshit, Hamilton never said anything about a trade being close. You are making things up at this point.

For anybody interested in what Hamilton actually said, he posted some wild speculation on twitter about trading Hellebuyck but never at any point indicated that it was being discussed by the Jets.

Just the fact he thinks the Habs would even consider giving up Suzuki for PLD is enough to prove it’s bullshit.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Trade alert-

His names involve Suzuki and Guhle (PLUS!!!! LOL) and sorry, I refuse to believe Hughes and Gorton are that dumb - therefore I don't buy the info.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

Haha thanks for the 411 - funny thing is the poster thought that incredibly far fetched tweet was actually super convincing!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Hamilton is way out in left field still speculating about Suzuki/ Ghule “plus”. What a Jets homer. Saying this on July 22nd when it has been clear for a long time that Suzuki is a non-starter. I suspect that Ghule is too.

Just how desperate are twitter-mongerers for content? What a pile of BS.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
His names involve Suzuki and Guhle (PLUS!!!! LOL) and sorry, I refuse to believe Hughes and Gorton are that dumb - therefore I don't buy the info.

It wasnt even info, he was speculating on what it would take to actually get one of those pieces in the trade, and his suggestion was to include Hellebuyck which im sure neither team would be interested in because it doesn't fit where either teams needs at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad