• No - I will cheer him on

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • Neutral

Votes: 21 28.0%

• Total voters

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
If Marner moves it is a numbers game. If he fails to move he is exercising his right under the NMC. Not his fault he got that salary and those terms and it is a fact that Dubas and briefly Tre had the opportunity to fix it before last summer but never did. I don't know what it would take me to catcall any member of the team but definitely not this.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If Marner moves it is a numbers game. If he fails to move he is exercising his right under the NMC. Not his fault he got that salary and those terms and it is a fact that Dubas and briefly Tre had the opportunity to fix it before last summer but never did. I don't know what it would take me to catcall any member of the team but definitely not this.
Mature response :thumbu:

Reactions: Kazparov

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Be pretty dumb to boo right off the hop.
Thankfully those few in that demographic don’t attend the games.
the other thing that people dont understand is that his dad always puts the guy down too.

You know how hard life is when you're own treat you like shit?

Look I want mitch traded. Especially because he's not worth 12m and his camp is insistent that he is and he feeda into that.

But if hes a leaf you might as well cheer for him to figure it the f*** out. Why wouldnt you considering if he doesn't hes gone anyway?

Reactions: ACC1224

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Team needs to move him but what's the point of booing him? Unless he is deliberately holding us hostage.. if that's the case I'd like to think he won't be taking warmup anyway.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I'm not going to any games next season but I'll be trash talking him every mistake he makes next season.

And if it comes out he refused to waive it'll get ugly.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
It wouldn't surprise me if fans started booing Marner right off the hop.

Let management and player know he isn't wanted here anymore. The cries to trade this guy have been getting louder for years. Maybe giving him the Larry Murphy treatment will finally get the point across.

I'm worrried they're thinking about keeping him.

Round two of the playoffs is over and he still hasn't been traded. I hope they aren't waiting to see if the team's still playing are interested. They won't want anything to do with Marner.

They're real contenders who want to win a cup.

Marner is a good player with a bad attitude no serious contender would want. He's waged war with media, management, and fans for years. Now he's gone so far as taking shots at his own teammates.

If Marner wants to fight dirty he shouldn't be surprised when everyone else does the same.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If I think he is deliberately playing poorly (which I never have) then yes. Otherwise, I cheer for good and am mostly silent for mistakes.

This applies to any Leafs player.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
This isn't exactly a Muskoka Five situation in which the team clearly wanted to change course/direction (and with a handful of players). Can't really be surprised when a player enforces his NMC rights. I'm just fine with him sticking around, but he'll need to be better than he was during this playoff run.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
With Marner he is a hell of a player just really hard to appreciate that with all the baggage. I doubt he is a Leaf in the fall very much, and I think honestly I will never like him very much again. Especially if he goes elsewhere and takes less money.

But in the event he is a Leaf, I want him to figure it out and win us a cup. I don't care about running a player out of town to win my social media arguments.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I still have no idea what it means.
Net promoter score (NPS) is a market research metric that is based on a single survey question asking respondents to rate the likelihood that they would recommend a company, product, or a service to a friend or colleague.[1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad