HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
After seeing the trade last night, my first thought was to forget about PLD for this season. Winnipeg will want the same type of return as the Flames got. Not that I thought Hughes was ready to give up a big package anyways, that trade just confirms it IMO. See what happens next summer if PLD or Hubs hits the UFA market, would make much moren sense as a UFA

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
All I want is for the Habs to trade for Dubois this season (Dvorak + cap dump + good prospect like Mailloux + mid-round pick) and do mightily bad this season, and for the Panthers to also suck and miss the playoffs.

Two top picks for the upcoming draft, a top-6 young proven center in Dubois. And then, the icing on the cake, signing Huberdeau to a friendlier deal as UFA.

Rebuild, practically done. Unload some contracts to desperate teams, and in the off-season, hopefully a cap-stricken team gives us a top defenseman for pretty cheap (McDonagh/Toews-style), and we find a great goalie somewhere.
No

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
That right there is what some people would call a ____-tease!
I'm sorry! I'm definitely not trying to lead on, even though looking bad it does seem like it. But take my word for what it's worth: there's a high chance Hubs plays for the Habs next season. A lot higher than Dubois IMO, if only because of what I know. The only downside is I don't know jack shit about Hughes/Gorton, so if they're not keen on having him due to his age, etc, then yeah, Huberdeau's gonna get Philly'd (Gaudreau getting passed on by Philly).

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
After seeing the trade last night, my first thought was to forget about PLD for this season. Winnipeg will want the same type of return as the Flames got. Not that I thought Hughes was ready to give up a big package anyways, that trade just confirms it IMO. See what happens next summer if PLD or Hubs hits the UFA market, would make much moren sense as a UFA

Florida is sniffing glue, so unless Hughes has decided to take on the role as a drug addict; I wouldn't be too worried.

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I really hope the PLD thing gets done soon, if only so we can finally start talking about something else again :laugh:
I am hoping we sign Dubois as free agent. Don't want to give up anything. Also want to give Dach full two years to develop as #2 NHL center.

I am thinking trade Dach at draft 2024 for big haul. Sign Dubois as UFA. Tremendous gain

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I also know something that I cannot divulge (only with admins/mods, as long as it remains hush-hush and never publicized - it could get several people in a LOT of trouble) which makes me more convinced he'd be down to sign in Montreal.

But yeah, unless Calgary becomes a top-contender for the Stanley Cup and Hubs really sees his best shot at a Cup there, I think he's MTL bound next season.

I can't wait! Hope to see Hubs a part of our team next season!!!

There was someone, once on this board, who said it was 100% sure Karlsson would sign in Montreal. He had sources too.

:sarcasm:

He was never seen again

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I'm sorry! I'm definitely not trying to lead on, even though looking bad it does seem like it. But take my word for what it's worth: there's a high chance Hubs plays for the Habs next season. A lot higher than Dubois IMO, if only because of what I know. The only downside is I don't know jack shit about Hughes/Gorton, so if they're not keen on having him due to his age, etc, then yeah, Huberdeau's gonna get Philly'd (Gaudreau getting passed on by Philly).
I believe you....I have varying indirect and direct connections to NHL players. I've heard little tidbits that have come true, but never shared them here, as it spoils the fun and also is generally a dick move. I actually feel embarrassed around some of them, that I am some hard-core fan chatting with the rest of the weirdos on here....lol

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I am hoping we sign Dubois as free agent. Don't want to give up anything. Also want to give Dach full two years to develop as #2 NHL center.

I am thinking trade Dach at draft 2024 for big haul. Sign Dubois as UFA. Tremendous gain
Keep Dach IMO and move Dvorak. Dach can get a cheap long term contract that we could benefit in the long run

Reactions: waitin425

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
There was someone, once on this board, who said it was 100% sure Karlsson would sign in Montreal. He had sources too.

:sarcasm:

He was never seen again
To speak my truth, I've never said claimed to have scoops before, other than the 1 time a friend told me we were going for a big winger. Couple of days later, we traded Domi for Anderson.

This time, this "scoop" isn't coming from a friend. It's coming directly from something I absolutely know is true. Again, I wouldn't mind sharing it with a mod/admin as long as they keep it completely quiet, as it could bring big trouble to some very close people. I'd have them sign an NDA, pretty much.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Huberdeau is an amazing player, he just got a career year, he will have another productive year with CAL and will be ufa at 30.
Classic trap signing, both money and term will be scary

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
To speak my truth, I've never said claimed to have scoops before, other than the 1 time a friend told me we were going for a big winger. Couple of days later, we traded Domi for Anderson.

This time, this "scoop" isn't coming from a friend. It's coming directly from something I absolutely know is true.
You forgot "and as a loyal dog I will never reveal my sources" ;)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
And none of those guys will sign in Montreal and lll guess they all re-sign with their own teams
Get Dubois
I doubt it. Chance to play for MSL and with young studs like Slaf and a top 4 or 5 pick in this coming draft. The '23 draft is stacked. Habs will get another franchise player.

Habs have 20 million coming off the books after this season, could be 30 million if Price goes on LTIR. The '23 UFA market is deep. Things are lining up good.

Huberdeau could be one of those guys. Dubois in trade also. Fantilli? Those three make quite addition in one off season

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
The best thing this team can do is free up enough cap space and not get suckered into overpaying players because with a flat cap, there are always teams looking to dump producing players for pennies on the dollar. We'll have 3 years at least to take advantage of several cap crunched teams while our prospects develop. No need to be using good prospects/picks now in trades.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Wait, what? You think Winnipeg is expecting a 100+ point player (or an elite NHL player), a top-pairing d-man, and a first round pick, for PLD? That trade in no way sets a precedent for PLD. Apples to oranges.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm not sure I understand the thinking behind this. Can you expand? Why would Dubois or the Jets have more leverage now as opposed to January?

And I think we'd be crazy to base whether we acquire good, young players based on a 'window'. If you think the guy can give you 8-10 years, you're not worrying about the next year's window when acquiring them.
To be clear, if you trade for Dubois NOW when you can't extend him, you can't be certain that the price you paid Winnipeg will be acceptable. People are honourable on the day of the deal, no problem, but months later, things may happen. You never want to give an agent the chance to re-visit the deal months later and decide if his client will sign long-term at the price you were expecting, or if the price goes up $1M because he had a 10 game scoring streak, or he doesn't want to sign because a teammate's wife insulted his wife.

This has nothing to do with the contention window per se. It's about getting certainty on the totality of the deal.

This would not apply if the price you paid was a rental price, and you didn't care if he signed long-term.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
I also know something that I cannot divulge (only with admins/mods, as long as it remains hush-hush and never publicized - it could get several people in a LOT of trouble) which makes me more convinced he'd be down to sign in Montreal.

But yeah, unless Calgary becomes a top-contender for the Stanley Cup and Hubs really sees his best shot at a Cup there, I think he's MTL bound next season.

I can't wait! Hope to see Hubs a part of our team next season!!!
Not the super secret info that would get A LOT of poeple in trouble… but only the mods and admins can know…

Wow so they’re like the Knights Templar of fake hockey scoops…

That’s the worst fake exclusivity flex…

Good thing the mods and admins here have to sign NDAs and are bound to the highest secrecy… or all these poor poeple in a lot of trouble.

Better keep it on the hush hush :sarcasm:

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
The best thing this team can do is free up enough cap space and not get suckered into overpaying players because with a flat cap, there are always teams looking to dump producing players for pennies on the dollar. We'll have 3 years at least to take advantage of several cap crunched teams while our prospects develop. No need to be using good prospects/picks now in trades.

This, it’s clear it’s a good idea to keep free cap space in order to be able to get good players for almost nothing.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Wait, what? You think Winnipeg is expecting a 100+ point player (or an elite NHL player), a top-pairing d-man, and a first round pick, for PLD? That trade in no way sets a precedent for PLD. Apples to oranges.
Absolutely they could expect that, forget about Dvorak and a pick lol.

Hughes needs to move on, if these guys really wanna play here, then they can sign here next summer. Do not trade any assets no matter the ask!!

Reactions: Runner77

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I doubt it. Chance to play for MSL and with young studs like Slaf and a top 4 or 5 pick in this coming draft. The '23 draft is stacked. Habs will get another franchise player.

Habs have 20 million coming off the books after this season, could be 30 million if Price goes on LTIR. The '23 UFA market is deep. Things are lining up good.

Huberdeau could be one of those guys. Dubois in trade also. Fantilli? Those three make quite addition in one off season
Id honestly stay away from Huberdeau. He'll probably want something in the range of 10-11 mil. For an aging player, I wouldn't be comfortable. Dude is going to be 30 when you sign him in FA. I'd rather just shell out 7ish mil for Dubois. Habs future top 6 with Dubois and the 2023 presumptive top 5 pick will be stacked already, better to go fishing for a high quality D:

Suzuki
Slafkovsky
Caufield
Dubois
2023 top 5 pick
Dach (who can play W)

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
He stopped playing hockey for Ducharme. Once MSL was brought in, he played very well (very similar to past years' performance). Petry was pretty critical of Ducharme, and vocal about it, too.
Sure… Very well being a relative, I’ve seen too many good D in this city to be objective perhaps… I can’t get over how crap he played, with him watching his goalie get run as my most prominent memory. I watched the one shift we keep seeing of Dubois in Columbus recently, thinking that’s what we got consistently for 3 months from Petry every shift. His demanding of a trade for family reasons had nothing to do with the coach; and I’m sure Hughes would have had more options leading up to the draft and free agent season if not so handcuffed by money. I’m just underligning how much « player empowerment » we’re seeing. I have no problem with ufa’s doing it, but when you have a contract you honor it. All I hear is how Dubois was 100% engaged last year while Petry mailed it in.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
To be cleaer, if you trade for Dubois NOW when you can't extend him, you can't be certain that the price you paid Winnipeg will be acceptable. People are honourable on the day of the deal, no problem, but months later, things may happen. You never want to give an agent the chance to re-visit the deal months later and decide if his client will sign long-term at the price you were expecting, or if the price goes up $1M because he had a 10 game sdforing streak, or he doesn't want to sign because a teammate's wife insulted his wife.

This has nothing to do with the contention window per se. It's about getting certainty on the totality of the deal.

This would not apply if the price you paid was a rental price, and you didn't care if he signed long-term.

I'm sure the Habs and Dubois would have a ballpark figure but nothing set in stone at the time of a summer trade but that his play up until January would play a role in the final figure. As for the rest, well you know, that's just life. You can't decide not to make a trade because you can't game every single thing about it, such as teammate squabble or the likes.

But this is moot because I don't think there is a single chance that the Jets trade Dubois for rental price. Whatever deal they do for him will include Brisson and he will be dealt as a long-term contributor to whatever team acquires him.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Not the super secret info that would get A LOT of poeple in trouble… but only the mods and admins can know…

Wow so they’re like the Knights Templar of fake hockey scoops…

That’s the worst fake exclusivity flex…

Good thing the mods and admins here have to sign NDAs and are bound to the highest secrecy… or all these poor poeple in a lot of trouble.

Better keep it on the hush hush :sarcasm:
I don't care what you choose to believe, to be honest. The fact I'm willing to divulge information I really shouldn't to only certain people to prove I'm not just throwing "fake" stuff should be enough to tell you I'm not bluffing on this one.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
All I want is for the Habs to trade for Dubois this season (Dvorak + cap dump + good prospect like Mailloux + mid-round pick) and do mightily bad this season, and for the Panthers to also suck and miss the playoffs.

Two top picks for the upcoming draft, a top-6 young proven center in Dubois. And then, the icing on the cake, signing Huberdeau to a friendlier deal as UFA.

Rebuild, practically done. Unload some contracts to desperate teams, and in the off-season, hopefully a cap-stricken team gives us a top defenseman for pretty cheap (McDonagh/Toews-style), and we find a great goalie somewhere.
Is that all you want? Small list lol

• Haha
Reactions: A Loyal Dog

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Sure… Very well being a relative, I’ve seen too many good D in this city to be objective perhaps… I can’t get over how crap he played, with him watching his goalie get run as my most prominent memory. I watched the one shift we keep seeing of Dubois in Columbus recently, thinking that’s what we got consistently for 3 months from Petry every shift. His demanding of a trade for family reasons had nothing to do with the coach; and I’m sure Hughes would have had more options leading up to the draft and free agent season if not so handcuffed by money. I’m just underligning how much « player empowerment » we’re seeing. I have no problem with ufa’s doing it, but when you have a contract you honor it. All I hear is how Dubois was 100% engaged last year while Petry mailed it in.
Petry did not have to sign a new contract, as a UFA, with the Canadiens 2 times: in 2015 and in 2020, if his master plan was to get back to the US. He could have just left us in 2015, or not extend with us in 2020, when we started to look pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad