HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Even if Calgary won the deal… Treliving didnt think about long term. I mean, what happen, if both, Huberdeau/ Weegar want to leave next year? I expect Calgary as A competitive team next year, so I don’t see a trade coming at next deadline. If I was Treliving, I would target players with terms +/or high valuable prospect. And then, if treliving want to stay competitive, overpay Kadri/klingberg. I bet Hubby and Weegar test the market next year.
Same history with Winnipeg. Im sure Hugues offered them Anderson/Dvorak for Dubois. Those team should understand that kind of players with long terms are gold. Obviously, they don’t understand it.
That what I want to know - was this a f*ck it we’re going for it à la CBJ a few seasons ago or is there an alternate strategy at work?

I do not believe Flames are thinking rebuild

Reactions: Hins77

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
But that doesn't matter because there would be figure talk before a deal is even made. This really sounds like you're stretching it because you don't want Dubois as opposed to an actual rational concern. The idea that a player who's desperate to play for you would price himself out is extremely unlikely.
Of course they would have negotiated a contract before trading for him. To acquire him before Jan 1 HuGo would have to be convinced his main goal is to play for the Habs. Or they could announce at the time of the trade the contract terms agreed to and that the new deal will be signed on Jan 1.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Florida is soo toop heavy now with barkov, tkachuk ekblad and Bob. There 3 million over the cap still so there going to have to trade somebody else as well before there even close. I think they have a down year and finish in the teens

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Florida is soo toop heavy now with barkov, tkachuk ekblad and Bob. There 3 million over the cap still so there going to have to trade somebody else as well before there even close. I think they have a down year and finish in the teens

After Ekblad, they have nothing in defensive group.
Huberdeau is so much a better playmaker than Tkachuk and they just ruined a amazing chemistry with Barkov...
Can't wait to see their season.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
After Ekblad, they have nothing in defensive group.
Huberdeau is so much a better playmaker than Tkachuk and they just ruined a amazing chemistry with Barkov...
Can't wait to see their season.
They strike me as there going to have a down year then rally in 24 after the yandle buyout subsides.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I’d be pretty pumped for next offseason with Huberdeau as UFA and potentially PLD being shipped out. But alas, thanks to the big bicep idiot, we have too many awful contracts to really make it work. I can’t believe he really thought he could double down on a miracle run by acquiring inferior talent.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I’d be pretty pumped for next offseason with Huberdeau as UFA and potentially PLD being shipped out. But alas, thanks to the big bicep idiot, we have too many awful contracts to really make it work. I can’t believe he really thought he could double down on a miracle run by acquiring inferior talent.
Don’t we have like 16M off the books next year?

Edit: we have $12m ish
Sign hub to 7x8
Trade dvo/2024 1st/2nd
Sign PLD to 8x8

Ez

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Panthers are now 1 early Ekbad injury away from an imploded season... Never wish that on any player, but certainly the fragility of their roster, cap stretch and thinning of their pick/prospect pool makes that 1st quite favorable... A bit of bad luck and they could be quickly looking at a lottery pick finish

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Dadonov, Drouin, Byron, Allen. Caufield needs a raise. You need to account for potential overages from Slafkovsky. You can fit one of PLD/Huberdeau but likely not both without moving more salary, which seems impossible to do.

Now if Price retires, that’s another story. Still, the point is so many mediocre players locked up for too much money.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Huberdeau dtory looks more and more like the rangers with Panarin. Didn’t think he would leave florida but now…

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tkachuk is a great player, who's 6 years younger than Huberdeau, and signed through his prime now. He's 24! He's a monster at both ends, unlike Huberdeau who is one of the worst players in NHL defensively.

Weegar was absolute dog shit in the playoffs. I wouldn't want to sign him for what he's asking for either (probably $6m+) when he has huge brain camps at key moments in the game.

Florida would be a lot better off it Bob wasn't making $10m, and Zito did not sign that contract Talon did.

Florida's organizational depth is at D, where they have several strong prospects.

Organizationally, this gives them the chance to be better for longer, as the new core (Barkov - 26, Lundell - 20, Reinhart - 26, Verhaeghe - 26, Bennett - 26, Forsling - 26, Ekblad - 26, Knight - 21) are all young enough to still grow as a team together, while Huberdeau is going into the "aging" category in his future.

They gave up some offense to become a much stronger two-way team, which frankly they needed to do.

Zito in no way is even comparable to Chi. Geezus ...

Yeah trade looks better taking a step back

But Tkachuk is 4 years older than Huberdeau, not 6. Huberdeau just turned 29. Tkachuk will turn 25 a couple of months into the season.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
From what I've heard, Huberdeau is pissed about leaving Florida and the person I spoke to said it would be a huge surprise if he was signing in Calgary. Montréal would definitely be a good option especially if Dubois goes there also.
I remember when he got hired Lecavalier saying getting nhl offensive players to want to play for MSL in an attack-first system would be a part of his job and a good pitch to attract players. Sounds like quite a different proposal than hab’s traditional playstyle (which is bad for stats, avoiding injuries, having fun…).

Reactions: themilosh

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

Edit: we have $12m ish
Sign hub to 7x8
Trade dvo/2024 1st/2nd
Sign PLD to 8x8

Ez
16.8 - Dadonov/Drouin/Byron/Allen expiring contracts. Hoffman and Dvorak if traded are another 8.9 Mill. If those two are gone then you have $25.7 free. That's not even discussing Armia, Gallagher, Anderson and Price.

Only person to sign would be Caufield.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Dadonov, Drouin, Byron, Allen. Caufield needs a raise. You need to account for potential overages from Slafkovsky. You can fit one of PLD/Huberdeau but likely not both without moving more salary, which seems impossible to do.

Now if Price retires, that’s another story. Still, the point is so many mediocre players locked up for too much money.
All those players except for Caufield are UFA and out of here.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
But that doesn't matter because there would be figure talk before a deal is even made. This really sounds like you're stretching it because you don't want Dubois as opposed to an actual rational concern. The idea that a player who's desperate to play for you would price himself out is extremely unlikely.
He's just saying that you can't do a sign and trade now so you shouldn't pay like it's a sign and trade. I mean it makes sense. I think there's a pretty low chance PLD gets traded now until probably mid-season anyway.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Value wise maybe but Calgary just traded a 100 point crasher for 2 guys who could be gone in 10 months.....

Fla just traded a fan favorite and a decent dman for a guy who might have gotten 100 point cause of his line mates

this deal is a huge risk on both side......
Both teams thought they were going to lose their player. Florida locked up Tkachuk and Calgary got Weeger and a first for the risk of Huberdeau walking. It’s an even trade.

Reactions: Runner77

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

The other point is do you really want to be filling up your cap space right now seeing how valuable cap space is? If I was Hughes I'd be real careful about shelling money out for anybody right now.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The other point is do you really want to be filling up your cap space right now seeing how valuable cap space is? If I was Hughes I'd be real careful about shelling money out for anybody right now.
Which is why I wish he had room for PLD and Huberdeau. Those are the type of players you can pay good money for.

Reactions: themilosh

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Which is why I wish he had room for PLD and Huberdeau. Those are the type of players you can pay good money for.
Really? Columbus just gave away a real good player on a real good cap hit yesterday. I don't know that it will always be like this, but personally I'd hold off signing anybody to big dollars, and see how this plays out.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Apparently there were only 5 teams Tkachuk would accept a trade to and 2 of them weren't interested in giving up the assets needed to acquire him. Calgary did pretty well with only 3 possible destinations.

Reactions: DAChampion

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I remember when he got hired Lecavalier saying getting nhl offensive players to want to play for MSL in an attack-first system would be a part of his job and a good pitch to attract players. Sounds like quite a different proposal than hab’s traditional playstyle (which is bad for stats, avoiding injuries, having fun…).
Sounds like Lecav is our very own Drake.

Just need Corey Hart to join in.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Really? Columbus just gave away a real good player on a real good cap hit yesterday. I don't know that it will always be like this, but personally I'd hold off signing anybody to big dollars, and see how this plays out.
There isn’t always 100+ point players with interest in coming to the Habs. And 60+ point two-way centres for that matter. Cap should be going up with the Seattle money coming in.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Huberdeau for me is more interesting than dubois. We need a playmaking first line winger more than an other 2C who's two way play is questionnable and a bit overated. With FLA d next season, wouldn't trade their first until at least the tdl. There are an injury away from giving us a top 15 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad