HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Since the PLD rumors won’t die:

Dvorak + Florida 2023 1st + 2 choices from Armia / Poehling / Drouin / Dadonov / Hoffman / Kidney

for PLD (no cap dumps if they take a roster player)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Dvorak + Florida 2023 1st + 2 choices from Armia / Poehling / Drouin / Dadonov / Hoffman / Kidney

Florida's 1st is probably in play since it is likely to be late & Dvorak, but I imagine they'd want a higher end prospect over Kidney, and a cap dump, albeit I could see them wanting Armia back.

Dvorak, Armia, Beck & Florida 1st?

Reactions: blarneylad

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Florida's 1st is probably in play since it is likely to be late & Dvorak, but I imagine they'd want a higher end prospect over Kidney, and a cap dump, albeit I could see them wanting Armia back.

Do we acquire a him for the wing? Or is Dach development on the third line?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Do we acquire a him for the wing? Or is Dach development on the third line?

If we move Dvorak then I imagine he plays center, but he also seems like a perfect winger for Suzuki-Caufield allowing Slafkovsky to start in Laval, or play down the lineup for better matchups.

Dach-Evans-Poehling would be the centers, which frankly is not really a strong center group.

Suzuki-Dubois-Dach-Evans is much better. Poehling to wing.

Reactions: blarneylad and jrom

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

What you say is reasonnable but I hope Kent will play hardball and tell them Brisson just killed their negotiating power by going public with PLD's intent to play in MTL.

Probably just "shiny new toy" syndrome but I think Beck is a sleeper pick. Agree with you we will probably need to give a prospect that will sting a bit but who ? Norlinder won't be enough, maybe we can trade Petry for some assets of interest to WPG. Evan is another player I wouldn't mind moving altough it would be cruel to send him to WPG.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What you say is reasonnable but I hope Kent will play hardball and tell them Brisson just killed their negotiating power by going public with PLD's intent to play in MTL.

Probably just "shiny new toy" syndrome but I think Beck is a sleeper pick. Agree with you we will probably need to give a prospect that will sting a bit but who ? Norlinder won't be enough, maybe we can trade Petry for some assets of interest to WPG. Evan is another player I wouldn't mind moving altough it would be cruel to send him to WPG.

Yeah Evans or Poehling instead of a prospect. Winnipeg might go for it, because they want to stay competitive.

Schiefele-Dvorak-Lowry-Evans.

Can you image Schiefele and Evans on same team?

• Wow
Reactions: cphabs and jrom

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Listen they acquired PLD for Laine and a young prospect that had played in the NHL. They will not trade him for Dvorak and a first, It does not make any sense for them unless its such a conclusion that he wants to play ONLY in MTL which I do not believe is the case.

They need to take a contract back and not sure any of them would interest them. I am thinking Dandonov 40% retained. The only think that I think would be acceptable would something along the lines of PLD for Dvorak plus 1st round in 2023 (FLA) plus something more in 2024 ... still we would need to cut additional salary to make it happen.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Just reading Peg fans, several like Dach as he’s from the prairies and they believe there’d be a greater chance that he’d stay. They also like Barron to do the brother reunification thing.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
I really wonder if Pacioretty was shopped before being given to Carolina. If that's the case, the Habs won't trade anybody before training camp approaches

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just reading Peg fans, several like Dach as he’s from the prairies and they believe there’d be a greater chance that he’d stay. They also like Barron to do the brother reunification thing.

Dach & Barron? Doubt it. We're sorely lacking at RD, so no to Barron.

Dach & Florida's 1st? Ok, although we just traded for him. We'd have to send money Winnipeg's way because we can't afford Dubois.

If he signs for $7m. We'd have to send Hoffman or Drouin and Armia.

Dach, Armia, Hoffman & 1st. Seems like a win.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dach & Barron? Doubt it. We're sorely lacking at RD, so no to Barron.

Dach & Florida's 1st? Ok, although we just traded for him. We'd have to send money Winnipeg's way because we can't afford Dubois.

If he signs for $7m. We'd have to send Hoffman or Drouin and Armia.

Dach, Armia, Hoffman & 1st. Seems like a win.
I don’t like the idea of giving up an unprotected 1st in a generational draft.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
will be pissed if they give up a 1st for PLD as part of a package.

I would also prefer to avoid it (not even sure trading for PLD is the right move). That said I've come to accept that this trade won't die because the player went public about his intent (lowering it's value) + his name is Dubois.

Molson certainly asked HuGo what was their answer with regards to the "we never draft Franco players" issue.
Molson: why no franco ?​
HuGo: we draft BPA so it's out of our control (1st OA 2 years ago was franco, this year slovak)​
Molson: ok so how do we get some top6 franco players ?​
HuGo: you gotta trade for them or sign them as UFA but it's costly since everyone knows it's a premium for us​
Molson: well it would be really great if you guys could find such a player so we have a good answer to the "we never draft Franco" issue.​

You can tell the owner to stay out of hockey decisions but you gotta adress those non-hockey issues before he feels he has to intervene. PLD fits with our roster and rebuild timing and everyone's happy, including Joshua Roy that doesn't have the added pressure of being "our star". Plus if PLD is really sincere about playing for his home team, well LFG

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Haha, Chevy hangs up and blocks Hughes number. That’s a bad offer.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
will be pissed if they give up a 1st for PLD as part of a package.
Given the state of our RD I wouldn't be keen on moving Barron. Heck I'm even getting curious as to what can be done with Dach. At this point I'm convinced the hold up is for the Petry dossier and has nothing to do with PLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad