Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You and me.

Ive been high on the Hague kid for a while. Hes going to be so great.
I truly think hes much better than Poehling. Right now players are focusing on weber's shot which gives Kulak so many chances. Hague will convert on those chances.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
We need a d and someone to play with domi and drouin

Sprong and Zykov are gone. Coyle and Bjorkstrand would be interesting candidates.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Well, at the draft it was a tougher call. But yes, Hague, and Timmins, shouldve went top twenty, imo.
It's just so frustrating to see a guys like Hague and Alexeyev slip by us. Could we really not have made some kind of trade to get Hague? Do we really need Paul Byron when we could have traded him for an Alexeyev? Even if not Byron, how about our 4 2nds? None of our 2nd rounders are impressing me enough right now. Of course that can change in the future so it's not set to stone that none of these guys will be good players in the NHL. I really want to see Bergevin making these kinds of moves.

Reactions: bsl

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's just so frustrating to see a guys like Hague and Alexeyev slip by us. Could we really not have made some kind of trade to get Hague? Do we really need Paul Byron when we could have traded him for an Alexeyev? Even if not Byron, how about our 4 2nds? None of our 2nd rounders are impressing me enough right now. Of course that can change in the future so it's not set to stone that none of these guys will be good players in the NHL. I really want to see Bergevin making these kinds of moves.
Ill be honest, for all the love that I have for AlexAlex, Im not sure I wouldve moved any of our picks for him. I was absolutely, and still am, thrilled with the draft.

Cant have everything either, theres always next draft. Lets hope.

Plus its not like we dont have Brook, whos just as good as these guys.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Coyle has the speed to play with Drouin and Domi !

And he has the size to draw attention down low and keep the puck!

1) Middle of the pack team: Keep the team as is. We lack strength but we will try to beat you with speed and fail in the end cause other top teams have speed and size.

2) Middle of the pack team that adds key pieces to complement the core: Unload some smurfs and replace them with guys like Coyle.

I pick #2

Reactions: jaffy27

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

1) Middle of the pack team: Keep the team as is. We lack strength but we will try to beat you with speed and fail in the end cause other top teams have speed and size.

2) Middle of the pack team that adds key pieces to complement the core: Unload some smurfs and replace them with guys like Coyle.

I pick #2
problem is, smurfs play in the top 6 (Tatar, Gallagher, Drouin, Domi)...

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

I pick #2
6’3 RHC....I’ll roll the dice on that any day.

But what will it cost??

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
6’3 RHC....I’ll roll the dice on that any day.

But what will it cost??

Yes, the cost is the issue. We as fans won't know cause we can't call to inquire. I'm using assets like Mete, 2nd's, Ikonen, Evans, and possibly Ylonen. Poehling, Brook, Suzuki, Primeau, Romanov are not pieces I use to mortgage the future.

Mete and Shaw for Coyle? I'd start with this. If we add Coyle, one of our top 9 depth needs to go the other way.

Would you do Tatar for Coyle straight up? The concern with me is if Coyle is interested in re-signing with us after next season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Figured most won't. Not sure I would either. Tatar provides more offense and has one more year in term left vs Coyle.

What about Tatar and Mete for Coyle and Brodin? If the Wild are interested this type of package, I'd consider adding a 3rd if they feel it's not enough on our end. Best I could do at that point though. Lets look at how Coyle and Brodin fit

Drouin / Domi / Coyle
Lehkonen / Kotkaniemi / Gallagher
Byron / Danault / Armia or Shaw

Kulak / Weber
Brodin / Petry

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
sure, but you can't replace top 6 players with middle 6 players just cause they're big

True but I'm looking for actual power forwards that have ability to score and make passes. Coyle does fit. He's not a elite level power forward but he is a solid top 6 piece depending on who he plays with. I like him with Drouin and Domi

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Figured most won't. Not sure I would either. Tatar provides more offense and has one more year in term left vs Coyle.

What about Tatar and Mete for Coyle and Brodin?

I'd consider that. But Tatar has an extra year of control on Coyle and Mete 3 extra years on Brodin, who is not cheap for a 20-25 point defenceman.

Would have to do more intel on Brodin.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

What about Tatar and Mete for Coyle and Brodin? If the Wild are interested this type of package, I'd consider adding a 3rd if they feel it's not enough on our end. Best I could do at that point though. Lets look at how Coyle and Brodin fit

Drouin / Domi / Coyle
Lehkonen / Kotkaniemi / Gallagher
Byron / Danault / Armia or Shaw

Kulak / Weber
Brodin / Petry

If I have this deal on the table I accepted it right now

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd consider that. But Tatar has an extra year of control on Coyle and Mete 3 extra years on Brodin, who is not cheap for a 20-25 point defenceman.

Would have to do more intel on Brodin.

I think the Habs would be a better overall team after the trade. I know Brodin a bit but not going to pretend I know his game like we do with our own Habs players. My guess is Brodin is similar to what we had with Petry when we acquired him.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think the Habs would be a better overall team after the trade. I know Brodin a bit but not going to pretend I know his game like we do with our own Habs players. My guess is Brodin is similar to what we had with Petry when we acquired him.

Bergevin finally had a good offseason. Stick to the plan. Don’t give up anything to fix this current core. It’s a waste.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bergevin finally had a good offseason. Stick to the plan. Don’t give up anything to fix this current core. It’s a waste.

Not sure I agree it's a waste. My approach is to either get us closer to being a top 10 team or to become a bottom 10 team for a few seasons. I don't see the Habs management doing a full rebuild so I would not mind making a hockey trade reinforcing our current team.

It's not like Coyle and Brodin are old players. They could be Habs players for several years into their early 30's if we re-sign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot