Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolleSon

May 21, 2018
what about Doughty? anyone?
On top of Price and Weber?... 11m$/year. For another RHD? I love Doughty but no thanks. Stick to the plan, see what Mete, Juulsen, Brook, KK, Poehling, Suzuki and the others will bring in the next few years and then, move... It's not like we are contenders for the cup right now. In 2 years, we will certainly be in a much better position to do a smart move... Maybe then, we will be able to trade a good young player to acquire another good young player. Now is too early. This said, if there's a chance to bring a young LHD right away (24-27 yo) - even a 2nd pair one - with a smart offer, why not. But I'm sceptical.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I never imagined watching Shea Weber representing team Canada that he'd ever be a have. He is. I never imagined watching Jonathan drouin light up Halifax that he'd ever be a have. He is .I never imagined watching Domi be the MVP of the world Juniors that he would ever be a hab. He is .if Marc Bergevin adds Jonathan Toews one of my absolute favourite players after adding those 3 he is officially my favourite GM of all time and among the best. If anyone thinks that Toews isn't worth the addition because ewe might only get 60 pts out of him y'all don't understand hockey. What a colossal home run that addition would be
Toews is paid 12 millions. He's just not worth that, and he's considerably slown down.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
If we could swing a Petry and a small + i.e. Hudon for Coyle AND Brodin I'd do it. Lines would be nicely balanced and open up the right side for youth to step in next year.

Drouin Domi Shaw
Tater Coyle Gally
Lehkonen KK Armia
Byron Danault Agostino
Chaput DLo

Brodin Weber (26 min)
Kulak Juulsen (19 min)
Reilly/Schlemko Benn (15 min)

Looks good to me...

If we could keep Petry and just give up some wingers i.e. Shaw, Lehkonen, Armia etc that would be even better and our D would be that much better with a top 4 of Weber, Brodin, Petry and Kulak.[/QUO
I don't subscribe to the point of view that RHS defensemen cannot play the left side. See this evenings line-up, for example. Juulsen has been placed on the left side. The coach has given a lot of poster here the middle finger, and rightly so...lol.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Agreed. He needs very strong lower body strength and he also needs to realize that he needs to be great at what his is good at. Produce offense and force us to insert you into the line-up. Until then, work at what you need to work at in Laval to better prepare yourself for the NHL.

Come on Mete... Prove us wrong! We want you to
No we don't. Get rid of SQUIRTS ! It's alright to have 2, or 3 on the offensive side, but all defensemen should be at least as TALL, ROBUST, and full of muscle, as my 16 year old was, 185 cm, and 95 kgs, out of the box. He is the minimum prototype that I would use on any team that I would be running. The runty guys can only put so much muscle on genetically inferior bodies...insert laugh track here.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Minny wants a productive RW who can also play at C sometimes. Habs don't have that to trade with Minny.
Good point. And besides, there is this thing called TEAM CHEMISTRY, which is top notch right now on Les Canadiens. Why ruin that? If they don't want anything more that draft picks, Benn, or Schlemko, then do it. But, if you start upsetting chemistry, by removing a regular player, then it can come back to bite them in the ASS.

Last edited:

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Id rather keep the second and try and acquire the LD version of Brook.

This team is not in a position to give up yet another 2nd rounder for a mediocre player. Point in case, we've done it for Shaw and we lost a player that would fix all our LD problems for 15 years.
Who was that player that the team lost, that you have referred to above? And, can we get him back here for Mete, plus?

Last edited:

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Toews might be a good addition just because of his experience. Hawks will need to take half the salary. He’s essentially Mark Messier back in the day.

Toews will help Kotkaniemi for sure.

Domi
Kotkaniemi
Toews
Danault
Poehling

That’s a very deep Center group

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah but why would Sabres give it? I get they're on the rise but that's a high pick.

Besides, what happens if Buffalo says 'no thanks', is that our single option? Usually when you have one option it's not a very good sign.
Why wouldn't they? Weber would be perfect for them to play on the right side of Dahlin and serve as a mentor. They also want to be competitive again and this gives their defense a much needed facelift.

If not for them, Avs is another team. We can try to get Ottawa's pick, and they also could very much use a guy like Weber.

Toronto would be another team I'd look at but it would be for some of their young prospects.

Those are three viable options and I'm sure all three teams would be interested.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Why wouldn't they? Weber would be perfect for them to play on the right side of Dahlin and serve as a mentor. They also want to be competitive again and this gives their defense a much needed facelift.

If not for them, Avs is another team. We can try to get Ottawa's pick, and they also could very much use a guy like Weber.

Toronto would be another team I'd look at but it would be for some of their young prospects.

Those are three viable options and I'm sure all three teams would be interested.
What about the Habs using Weber though? Petry would fetch a good return and he sucks compared to Weber.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What about the Habs using Weber though? Petry would fetch a good return and he sucks compared to Weber.
I have no issues moving Petry if we can get some high picks or prospects. I just don't think he'll get us that high end return Weber could.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Lebrun was on with Melnick earlier tonight and Melnick brought up Coyle's name to Lebrun to see what he's heard. Lebrun said he's heard Coyle's name being out there but he hasn't been linked to the Habs from what he's heard.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Lebrun was on with Melnick earlier tonight and Melnick brought up Coyle's name to Lebrun to see what he's heard. Lebrun said he's heard Coyle's name being out there but he hasn't been linked to the Habs from what he's heard.
The way he is playing tonight, against Les Canadiens, he is NOT going anywhere. The team is having their asses handed to them, due to the TALL, ROBUST, STRONG, and FAST team, effect. An effect which will ultimately defeat this team loaded with too many squirts.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

You also have to ask if they can afford to fit everyone under the cap after. Toronto will be tight as is for example.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You also have to ask if they can afford to fit everyone under the cap after. Toronto will be tight as is for example.

We can make it work by retaining salary, and getting extra assets for helping them.
Bottom line is, this could very well be done, and it should, but because we have Bergey in place, it'll never happen.

Reactions: bsl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad