Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ryan Suter: 33 year old LD with 6 more years after this one with a cap hit of 7.5 million i.e. signed through his 39 year old season.

Do we trade Alzner + ? for him?

Minny might go through a rebuild as they're in a nose dive. Mike Russo who covers the Wild for the Athletic says his contract is unmovable.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I think Marc Bergervin called Chicago about Toews. Perhaps Mete could be part of the trade?

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Then not sure what piece I would add on top of Shaw if they would not be interested in Mete. I do agree that Coyle would be nice but we should not be desperate to acquire him.

Shaw, Hudon, and a 2nd... if they don't want Mete. I have no idea what other teams would offer for Coyle who is UFA in 2 years.

Way to ruin te room !!! Shawsie is staying. Difference between him and Chucky Patches and PK. He is actually liked in the room. A lot !

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Way to ruin te room !!! Shawsie is staying. Difference between him and Chucky Patches and PK. He is actually liked in the room. A lot !

Was Alzner liked in the room? How about Subban? What about DLR? Markov and Radulov? Pleky? Cammy? Muller? Roy? Leclair? DSP?

I want a cup contender and a stronger team in terms of strength in our top 9F and top 4D. If I have to trade Shaw to do it when he is trending well, so be it.

And for the record, I am a fan of Shaw. Just a bigger fan of Coyle cause I want a power forward in our top 9 mix.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

Ohh boy...How do you know that Pacioretty, PK and Galchenyuk weren't liked?

Because they got traded? I heard Shawzie wasn't liked in Chicago.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Ryan Suter: 33 year old LD with 6 more years after this one with a cap hit of 7.5 million i.e. signed through his 39 year old season.

Do we trade Alzner + ? for him?

Minny might go through a rebuild as they're in a nose dive. Mike Russo who covers the Wild for the Athletic says his contract is unmovable.

The answer is... maybe. I wouldn't be super concerned with his contract, its like Weber's in that it is cap circumventing and Montreal wouldn't have to worry about cap recapture near the end.

The bigger concerns are:

1) Suter hasn't looked like Suter this season, which is concerning;
2) He has a NMC.

I doubt he's interested in waiving his NMC considering he was going home when he signed with the Wild, but that would mean Montreal HAS to protect him in the expansion draft. Which means exposing someone Montreal would rather not.

I don't think Suter is done, but he has not looked good the season. Add him on top of Weber and Price and you have A LOT of money locked up in 30 year olds for a long time, which is a formula for sucking for a while.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The answer is... maybe. I wouldn't be super concerned with his contract, its like Weber's in that it is cap circumventing and Montreal wouldn't have to worry about cap recapture near the end.

The bigger concerns are:

1) Suter hasn't looked like Suter this season, which is concerning;
2) He has a NMC.

I doubt he's interested in waiving his NMC considering he was going home when he signed with the Wild, but that would mean Montreal HAS to protect him in the expansion draft. Which means exposing someone Montreal would rather not.

I don't think Suter is done, but he has not looked good the season. Add him on top of Weber and Price and you have A LOT of money locked up in 30 year olds for a long time, which is a formula for sucking for a while.

it's a good point about the nmc. But, how is that any different than if we acquire another LD that's good and we want to protect? Ulitimately we'll have Weber, Petry, Juulsen, plus whichever LD we acquire. Can't protect them all.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Ohh boy...How do you know that Pacioretty, PK and Galchenyuk weren't liked?

Because they got traded? I heard Shawzie wasn't liked in Chicago.
Because they werent !
Quite obvious.
And NOPE Shawsie is adored by his teammates.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
it's a good point about the nmc. But, how is that any different than if we acquire another LD that's good and we want to protect? Ulitimately we'll have Weber, Petry, Juulsen, plus whichever LD we acquire. Can't protect them all.

Because if you acquire another veteran D-man (or any other D-man) and they don't work out, you can expose them. If Suter doesn't work out (he's 33 and has really struggled this year), you'll lose a more valuable player to protect him.

Considering his cap hit, term and age, you can probably get a comparable D-man like Gardiner as a UFA for the same cap hit and term and not lose any assets (since Minny would probably want more than just Alzner).

Reactions: 26Mats

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Was Alzner liked in the room? How about Subban? What about DLR? Markov and Radulov? Pleky? Cammy? Muller? Roy? Leclair? DSP?

I want a cup contender and a stronger team in terms of strength in our top 9F and top 4D. If I have to trade Shaw to do it when he is trending well, so be it.

And for the record, I am a fan of Shaw. Just a bigger fan of Coyle cause I want a power forward in our top 9 mix.
Subban was despised ! Markov wasnt traded. Geeez and some of those name lmfao

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Id rather keep the second and try and acquire the LD version of Brook.

This team is not in a position to give up yet another 2nd rounder for a mediocre player. Point in case, we've done it for Shaw and we lost a player that would fix all our LD problems for 15 years.

Were we actually going to take Girard or is this another one of TTs after a kid shows he is really good in the NHL that TT says, I would've taken him deals ?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Were we actually going to take Girard or is this another one of TTs after a kid shows he is really good in the NHL that TT says, I would've taken him deals ?
Timmins is on record before Girards first game saying he loved him, obviously youre never sure, but its mostly to show that its pretty simple to build a good team if we dont spend 2nd round picks on things we dont need.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
typical habs fans in this thread

We love the player 2 much , and hes a good teammate so hes value to the team is better than Mcdavid

the fuc , id trade Shaw for a second pair lhd or even 2 2nds . ''Hes loved in Montreal syndrome'' The 1 that cost us 10.5m a year for a goalie.

Shaw is playing above his ceiling right now and dont belong at all in a first line in any NHL team not even Seattle.

If our GM had any decent offer for him right now id trade him and get rid or 4m of salary cap

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
typical habs fans in this thread

We love the player 2 much , and hes a good teammate so hes value to the team is better than Mcdavid

the fuc , id trade Shaw for a second pair lhd or even 2 2nds . ''Hes loved in Montreal syndrome'' The 1 that cost us 10.5m a year for a goalie.

Shaw is playing above his ceiling right now and dont belong at all in a first line in any NHL team not even Seattle.

If our GM had any decent offer for him right now id trade him and get rid or 4m of salary cap

Yes because we are strapped financially #facepalm. Typical fan my arse. You don’t know me. So please don’t pretend to.

Jul 6, 2016
MB should kick the tires about Nick Leddy... Unless Richardson, who was his D-coach for the Isles last season, tell him it's a no-no move.

Reactions: Vachon23

Jul 6, 2016

MB and TT liked Girard a lot and were planning to draft him in the second-round.... But suddenly MB decided to trade their two second-rounders to Chicago for Shaw !!!! OUCH !

MB had a second opportunity to get Girard when he traded PK for Weber. MB should had demanded that Girard be part of the trade to make up for the age difference between PK and Weber... + PK, of course, was a Norris Trophy winner on top of that, and Weber never as many keep repeating on this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: yianik

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I never imagined watching Shea Weber representing team Canada that he'd ever be a have. He is. I never imagined watching Jonathan drouin light up Halifax that he'd ever be a have. He is .I never imagined watching Domi be the MVP of the world Juniors that he would ever be a hab. He is .if Marc Bergevin adds Jonathan Toews one of my absolute favourite players after adding those 3 he is officially my favourite GM of all time and among the best. If anyone thinks that Toews isn't worth the addition because ewe might only get 60 pts out of him y'all don't understand hockey. What a colossal home run that addition would be

Jul 6, 2016
I never imagined watching Shea Weber representing team Canada that he'd ever be a have. He is. I never imagined watching Jonathan drouin light up Halifax that he'd ever be a have. He is .I never imagined watching Domi be the MVP of the world Juniors that he would ever be a hab. He is .if Marc Bergevin adds Jonathan Toews one of my absolute favourite players after adding those 3 he is officially my favourite GM of all time and among the best. If anyone thinks that Toews isn't worth the addition because ewe might only get 60 pts out of him y'all don't understand hockey. What a colossal home run that addition would be

I doubt it will happen.... But I would be thrilled too.

If it ever happens, it's gonna be at the trade deadline... IF Habs are still in a good position to make the Playoffs.

But the price to get Toews could be very steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad