Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That makes no sense considering Jesperi is actually outproducing Coyle. No idea where he fits. The only spot I see is at RW but I’m not sure who he bumps.

He bumps 2 of Lehkonen, Byron, Shaw, or Armia down to 4th line. So the idea of acquiring Coyle should be to improve the top 9 and not sure he does. I like his game and he can play center. If they can take Shaw, Mete, and a pick, I'd consider it. He's UFA in 2 years and the Habs have a lot of RFA/UFA guys that will require raises in the next 3 years. Add Tatar and Gallagher as UFA's as well.

So we need to unload salary if we take on Coyle IMO. Shaw or Alzner and other pieces including Mete. Dangle Mete and see what happens. We should not be desperate to acquire Coyle.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like Shaw this year but he's still a gamble based on his contract. (length)

Shaw and Mete for Coyle. Best I could do. I'd consider adding a 3rd or later pick if it comes down to it. However, if the Kings are willing to trade Muzzin for Mete+, then I rather make that move.

Drouin / Domi / Coyle
Lehkonen / Kotkaniemi / Armia
Tatar / Danault / Gallagher
Agostino / Chaput / Byron

Deslauriers, Hudon

Byron and Armia would have to battle for that 2nd line spot.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hate this recycling thing... This team does not need Charlie Coyle, not at all.

I tend to agree. But if we can unload Shaw who seems to play well and then have games where he doesn't, I consider Shaw for Coyle. I know you like Mete but I'm willing to add him to make the deal work. Coyle is a big dude that draws a lot of attention and he provides us with a RW/C type asset. Same as Shaw but he's more consistent and he actually can win a puck battle in our top 9 group of forwards.

If a team is high on Mete, I consider moving him to address an area of need. Power forward up front and a guy like Juulsen at LD. Muzzin is my 1st choice over Coyle though

Lets say we get a injury at center... do you feel more confident in Shaw taking that role or Coyle? Coyle would be an upgrade over Shaw and I don't consider Mete a huge loss. Could be wrong but I'm not seeing it. I doubt Mete is able to overcome his defensive liability with producing offense.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Shaw and Mete for Coyle. Best I could do. I'd consider adding a 3rd or later pick if it comes down to it. However, if the Kings are willing to trade Muzzin for Mete+, then I rather make that move.

Drouin / Domi / Coyle

Deslauriers, Hudon

Why trade Mete, we have so few LD's. I wouldn't do that trade for that reason alone.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why trade Mete, we have so few LD's. I wouldn't do that trade for that reason alone.

Cause he is a liability in his own end and not sure if he will be able to produce offensively like he should. Smallest D man in the league? Who is smaller?

But yes, Id be more interested in Mete+ for Muzzin vs Coyle

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Drouin / Domi / Coyle

Deslauriers, Hudon

LD is the worst of the Wild worries... With Suter, Brodin

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I would not trade mete for coyle... LD is a weakness. I move a guy like Shaw (playing well but contract and injury history), maybe Lehkonen and take back a back contract. I like Coyle but I don’t really see a fit between the two team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
LD is the worst of the Wild worries... With Suter, Brodin

Then not sure what piece I would add on top of Shaw if they would not be interested in Mete. I do agree that Coyle would be nice but we should not be desperate to acquire him.

Shaw, Hudon, and a 2nd... if they don't want Mete. I have no idea what other teams would offer for Coyle who is UFA in 2 years.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Then not sure what piece I would add on top of Shaw if they would not be interested in Mete. I do agree that Coyle would be nice but we should not be desperate to acquire him.

Shaw, Hudon, and a 2nd... if they don't want Mete. I have no idea what other teams would offer for Coyle who is UFA in 2 years.
Id rather keep the second and try and acquire the LD version of Brook.

This team is not in a position to give up yet another 2nd rounder for a mediocre player. Point in case, we've done it for Shaw and we lost a player that would fix all our LD problems for 15 years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Id rather keep the second and try and acquire the LD version of Brook.

This team is not in a position to give up yet another 2nd rounder for a mediocre player. Point in case, we've done it for Shaw and we lost a player that would fix all our LD problems for 15 years.

Agreed. Petry would be the guy I would be dangling to see if we can get that LD asset and a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad