Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
Moreso Hansen.

yeah I just asked Russo and he said to this to me with all due respect, I told him the latter(sekeres).I told him it probably requires the Canucks to take a expansion draft player back (ie Scandella).It's the only way I could see the wild really being involved in this.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
yeah I just asked Russo and he said to this to me with all due respect, I told him the latter(sekeres).I told him it probably requires the Canucks to take a expansion draft player back (ie Scandella).It's the only way I could see the wild really being involved in this.

So Scandella for Burrows?? not sure if I like that move

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If Hansen was an expiring contract he'd be great but I'm pretty sure he has one more year.

He does, but at $2.5m Fletcher might figure he can:
1.) flip Hansen in the offseason for picks, or
2.) have more room to trade off Pominville with better RW depth

Option 2 is actually pretty appealing, if it's possible...

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
If Hansen was an expiring contract he'd be great but I'm pretty sure he has one more year.

1 year at 2.5MM (has a modified no-trade as well). I like the player ok but Scandella (?) seems like a premium price to pay for upgrading Schroeder. Again, with the Wild having no 2017 2nd I think trading the 1st should be carefully considered.

I wonder if it wouldn't be something much more minor (e.g. mid-rounder for Jack Skille).

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'm bracing myself for Fletcher doing something I'm not going to like at the deadline. I can't shake the feeling that we're going to end up paying a premium price to acquire a rental that doesn't end up panning out.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fletcher can't trade Scandella because then he loses what little bargaining power he has left with Vegas. Unless he's just re-signed to losing Brodin or Dumba, in which case our D next year would be:

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Folin
Olofsson-Prosser

Which is downright awful. If we're going to trade a defenseman before the draft (and before the playoffs) it has to be involving another defenseman coming back.

So Scandella + ? for Stecher + Hansen? That's about the only deal that makes sense. Roll the rest of the year with:

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Olofsson-Stecher

Expose whichever one of Dumba or Brodin doesn't cut it, and have Stecher or Olofsson step up into that spot next year.

Of course this won't happen because Vancouver won't trade Stecher.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Fletcher can't trade Scandella because then he loses what little bargaining power he has left with Vegas. Unless he's just re-signed to losing Brodin or Dumba, in which case our D next year would be:

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Folin
Olofsson-Prosser

Which is downright awful. If we're going to trade a defenseman before the draft (and before the playoffs) it has to be involving another defenseman coming back.

So Scandella + ? for Stecher + Hansen? That's about the only deal that makes sense. Roll the rest of the year with:

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Olofsson-Stecher

Expose whichever one of Dumba or Brodin doesn't cut it, and have Stecher or Olofsson step up into that spot next year.

Of course this won't happen because Vancouver won't trade Stecher.
I actually think Dumba + Tuch for Hansen + Stetcher + Nuck's 2nd (or 1st swap) wouldn't be bad.

Stetcher slots in as a protected RHD. He would look good next to Brodin or Olofsson. He is $1.5 million less expensive than Dumba next season.

Hansen upgrades the Wild's current group of forwards.

Wild then has ability to bait Vegas into taking Scandella in exchange for also getting Haula.

We then have money to re-sign Granlund and Nino with ease.

3rd line center next year is Coyle or JEE.

We get a high 2nd.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Hansen would be an awesome fit. He's the one I had on the top of my list. Only problem is that the trade can't
- leave us worse off regarding the post season
- leave us worse off for the needed moves before the expansion draft

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
The narrative that people push on here, I swear. The fact that Dumba is not better than our other dmen defensively does not mean he's bad. Those guys are all excellent defensively. At this point he makes no more or less mistakes than most other defenseman in the league.

He's not awful by any means. But the problem is he hasn't shown any real progress with his decision making in three years. He's just out of sync too much. It's like he's thinking I don't like this many outs, let's see how I can change that. It's frustrating as hell. I honestly think he's going to be traded before the ED.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I dont know if I like Scandella for Hansen either

Of course not. It's appalling value for the Wild. Only works if VAN send a 2nd back, and even then...Hansen is 36 yo. I know Scandella didn't have a great game against CHI, but really, trading for Hansen is insane.

Like the Skille idea.

Hansen has a modified NTC? Does that mean we have to protect him?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Of course not. It's appalling value for the Wild. Only works if VAN send a 2nd back, and even then...Hansen is 36 yo. I know Scandella didn't have a great game against CHI, but really, trading for Hansen is insane.

Like the Skille idea.

Hansen has a modified NTC? Does that mean we have to protect him?

Hansen is 30. Burrows is 35.

Listening to the podcast it sounds like Eriksson Ek could be an option to come back. Maybe signing Kunin :)().

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I actually think Dumba + Tuch for Hansen + Stetcher + Nuck's 2nd (or 1st swap) wouldn't be bad.

Stetcher slots in as a protected RHD. He would look good next to Brodin or Olofsson. He is $1.5 million less expensive than Dumba next season.

Hansen upgrades the Wild's current group of forwards.

Wild then has ability to bait Vegas into taking Scandella in exchange for also getting Haula.

We then have money to re-sign Granlund and Nino with ease.

3rd line center next year is Coyle or JEE.

We get a high 2nd.

Hmmmm. I think VAN would be all over that value wise, but I don't know if they can protect Dumba at the ED?

Forget sending Haula along with Scandella. Send Hansen. Or send no one. Tell Poms he must waive, or be bought out. Protect Zucker, leave Haula, Scandy, Poms, Hansen unprotected. Easy.

Seems like we could do a lot better for Dumba, though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hansen is 30. Burrows is 35.

Listening to the podcast it sounds like Eriksson Ek could be an option to come back. Maybe signing Kunin :)().

As in, Ek could be going to Vancouver in exchange for Hansen? Or am I misunderstanding?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Ok good. Yeah we should probably do that instead of trading for someone.

I think he mentioned that there would be complications if Sweden wanted him to play for the national team at the WC. Apparently the Wild wouldn't be able to recall him if that was the case...though that bit was a little hand-wavey so it's hard to say for sure.

Burns a year on his contract, too.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah, don't really like the idea of burning a year for any of our prospects. Ek would be so good for the playoffs though...

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Bring JEE back, sign Kunin and Greenway
+
Rotate those three into the lineup with Greenway
=
Profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad