Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I don't overvalue Dumba. JEE will probably be the best out of the three. Scandella is just a lost cause. It makes sense when you factor in expansion draft. Vegas would be taking Dumba for nothing so why not trade him now for something and Duchene is a stud. He could get Staal going again instantly. Plus we could probably get them to take Poms too because that's a real good package you thought up.

Sorry, say wut? This is his first bad year in like... 4 years. After his father died. I'm willing to give him a pass.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sorry, say wut? This is his first bad year in like... 4 years. After his father died. I'm willing to give him a pass.

He was less than stellar for much of last year as well...

Well... less than stellar by Minnesota Wild Defense standards. He's still good, but he's on a team full of good D-men and his game looks weakest...aside from the rotating 6th/7th/8th D-men.

That is why he will be moved to save his $4mil cap hit.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
He was less than stellar for much of last year as well...

Well... less than stellar by Minnesota Wild Defense standards. He's still good, but he's on a team full of good D-men and his game looks weakest...aside from the rotating 6th/7th/8th D-men.

That is why he will be moved to save his $4mil cap hit.
He's still the 4th best Dman on our blueline.

It's this cap hit and our depth at LHD that is making him the odd man out.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think it's time to take a big breath and relax about both Dumba, and Scandella. We've still got plenty of season left. Let's let it play out, and move one, neither, or both of them at the end of the season if need be. It's great that Olofsson looks like he belongs out there, but he has only played a few games in the NHL, looks skinny as hell, and has a history of injuries. He shouldn't be relied on to replace anyone yet, let alone be be a solid .dman in a playoff run.

I can easily see Scandella turning back into a reliable, better than average #3/4 Dman. Can also see Dumba stringing together a Series of games where he is a difference maker, and almost single handedly wins a few games for us. We've seen it before. Brodin, Spurgeon, or Suter can get injured in the next couple of weeks. We don't want to look over and see Scandella playing for Vancouver because we made a trade for freaking Jannik Hansen.

Last edited:

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
We are not moving Dumba or losing him to Vegas. Fletch has already said multiple times he will not be traded. He's going to get better. Defenseman take years to develop, its common knowledge. Stevens is the best coach he could have right now.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
We are not moving Dumba or losing him to Vegas. Fletch has already said multiple times he will not be traded. He's going to get better. Defenseman take years to develop, its common knowledge. Stevens is the best coach he could have right now.

I agree with all this and hope it's true. Dumba is top ten in d scoring for U24 players, top 50 among all defensemen. He has more points than guys like Chara, Sami Vatanen, and Aaron Ekblad, one less than guys like Justin Faulk, Tyson Barrie, Andrej Sekera, and Shayne Gostisbehere. That's pretty good company for a young defenseman. I know that's not all there is to it either, but scoring from the blueline is a pretty crucial aspect of any team's success.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I don't understand why we would trade Scandella right now, it feels so shortsighted.

It essentially makes it a certainty that we would lose our other D-man in expansion.

The only way it makes sense is if Fletcher is planning on exposing Zucker or he knows Haula + something else is enough to protect our other D-man.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Boyle is absolutely getting a 1st, maybe conditional, but after the Eaves trade and Berglund re-signing, prices are going to get stupid.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't understand why we would trade Scandella right now, it feels so shortsighted.

It essentially makes it a certainty that we would lose our other D-man in expansion.

The only way it makes sense is if Fletcher is planning on exposing Zucker or he knows Haula + something else is enough to protect our other D-man.

It depends on the return. If the return is good enough, you'd have to take it. I doubt they're looking to just give him away.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
After the season.. What about trading Scandella+ for Carolina's Brett Pesce? 6'3" expansion exempt 22 year old RHD with 14 points in 56 games and is +12. Could be a good replacement if Vegas decides to choose Dumba over a forward.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
After the season.. What about trading Scandella+ for Carolina's Brett Pesce? 6'3" expansion exempt 22 year old RHD with 14 points in 56 games and is +12. Could be a good replacement if Vegas decides to choose Dumba over a forward.

Just guess what Carolina's answer would be...

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

Slavin and Pesce are not getting traded. They'd move Hanifin and Faulk before the aforementioned duo.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
We keep Dumba and Scandella and go after The 6'6" Hanzal for second rd pick

We need Dumba and Scandy for the PO push as well as ED

Hanzal and Boyle will both get a 1st this year. Hanzal is better but almost guaranteed to get injured. Boyle is the better FO guy and would probably be better suited to handle 3/4 C duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad