Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah, don't really like the idea of burning a year for any of our prospects. Ek would be so good for the playoffs though...

In a normal hanging around the bubble year. I'd agree.

This year, with this team. If they can help this team now. It could burn their entire ELC and it would be worth it if the Wild makes a run.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
In a normal hanging around the bubble year. I'd agree.

This year, with this team. If they can help this team now. It could burn their entire ELC and it would be worth it if the Wild makes a run.

The question is do you think that Kunin and Greenway will be ready for playoff hockey let alone NHL hockey.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The question is do you think that Kunin and Greenway will be ready for playoff hockey let alone NHL hockey.

Those guys were more of a joke comment, but I could see JEE making an impact.

Although, Greenway-JEE/Kunin-Stewert with like 99.999% O zone starts? Why not, i'd give it a shot at the end of the year before playoffs just to see (assuming we sign them). Greenway and Kunin you could even give a shot for upto 10 games without burning the ELC. So if they play the last 3 or 4 regular season games and aren't upto snuff. Sit them.

If they look like they can be an assett, continue to play them and burn the ELC.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Hmmmm. I think VAN would be all over that value wise, but I don't know if they can protect Dumba at the ED?

Forget sending Haula along with Scandella. Send Hansen. Or send no one. Tell Poms he must waive, or be bought out. Protect Zucker, leave Haula, Scandy, Poms, Hansen unprotected. Easy.

Seems like we could do a lot better for Dumba, though.
Nucks would protect Dumba in expansion draft.

Haula is probably gone regardless of what we do. He stands to make a good raise, even at arbitration. So, I do not a problem in offering him to Vegas so that they take Scandella.

JEE is probably going to make the team next year.

Hansen would give us a better option for 3rd line RW than Pominville.

If Fletcher could find a team for Pominville, we would seriously fix all of our cap problems.

Zucker-Koivu-Granlund
Nino-Staal-Coyle
Parise-JEE-Hansen
Stewart-X-X

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Stecher
Olofsson-Folin
Reilly-Prosser

Dubnyk
Back-up

With plenty of reinforcements coming thereafter. We could actually be set-up to have a couple runs at the Cup.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I think we really need to stop talking about Poms moving until his contract is up. Also Hansen is not better than Pominville...yes his contract is better but he's not a better player.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
People freaking out about who we are losing in the ED is really getting tiresome.

Well if we get Hansen that's fine because it's better than what we have atm. Depends what we have to give up for him though. I'd rather give up Scandella for a better player than Hansen. Regardless I want a bigger bodied acquisition. Boyle fits that bill. Someone who is going to run amuck without anyone to stop him essentially.

Last edited:

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
People freaking out about who we are losing in the ED is really getting tiresome.

Well if we get Hansen that's fine but I want a bigger guy too. Boyle fits that bill. Need some more size on this team.

Boyle will get a premium return this year if he's dealt after Hanzal.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Boyle will get a premium return this year if he's dealt after Hanzal.

We have premium prospects, Scandella, Dumba, Brodin, a 1st. We could make an offer on anyone. I would have already thrown a boatload + Poms for Duchene and called it a couple Cups at the least.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hansen would give us a better option for 3rd line RW than Pominville.

If Fletcher could find a team for Pominville, we would seriously fix all of our cap problems.

The chances Fletcher can trade Pominville are slim to none, and a guy who hasn't ever scored more than 38 points in a season is not an upgrade to a guy who scored 36 last year in his worst season by far, and already has 38 points this season with 23 games left to play.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
We have premium prospects, Scandella, Dumba, Brodin, a 1st. We could make an offer on anyone. I would have already thrown a boatload + Poms for Duchene and called it a couple Cups at the least.

I don't think Duchene is the difference between zero Cups and "a couple Cups at the least".

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

How are we fitting Duchene in? You realize it'd take something like Scandella+Dumba+JEE to get him yeah? Are we better after that trade? Definitely not. Duchene is a major pipe dream as is someone like Galchenyuk.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
How are we fitting Duchene in? You realize it'd take something like Scandella+Dumba+JEE to get him yeah? Are we better after that trade? Definitely not. Duchene is a major pipe dream as is someone like Galchenyuk.

Where there's a will there's a way. Scandella is mental. Dumba and JEE may or may not reach their potentials. Duchene is star power we desperately need in his prime that will send us to the Cup for the next 4+ years.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Where there's a will there's a way. Scandella is mental. Dumba and JEE may or may not reach their potentials. Duchene is star power we desperately need in his prime that will send us to the Cup for the next 4+ years.

I...uh...don't know what to say to this. Just no. No Duchene for what it'd cost.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I...uh...don't know what to say to this. Just no. No Duchene for what it'd cost.

I don't overvalue Dumba. JEE will probably be the best out of the three. Scandella is just a lost cause. It makes sense when you factor in expansion draft. Vegas would be taking Dumba for nothing so why not trade him now for something and Duchene is a stud. He could get Staal going again instantly. Plus we could probably get them to take Poms too because that's a real good package you thought up.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

Well if we get Hansen that's fine because it's better than what we have atm. Depends what we have to give up for him though. I'd rather give up Scandella for a better player then Hansen. Regardless I want a bigger bodied acquisition. Boyle fits that bill. Someone who is going to run amuck without anyone to stop him essentially.
You say freak out. I say address the issue head on with a cool head. Use it as opportunity to unload cap.

Freaking out is pretending that trading Dumba will set this team back.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I would love Eaves but I think we would have to over pay because with over 20 goals and low cap hit every team probably wants him!

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm noT sold on Duchene, at all. Avs have ruined him.

Duchene is a hell of a player. Avs struggles are due to their D Core and depth.

Amongst their crappy lineup, duchene has got short end of stick on line mates, while they try protect Mackinnon. most common is Grigerenko.

He's going to be a great playetbfor whoever steals him from Sakic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad