GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I sure would like to see him be more physical on the forecheck but defensively (at least by eye) he has looked pretty good to me.
Always seems to be in position...doesnt seem to be a liability regardless of who he gets matched up against.
he has great wheels and a good shot. Want him to use them more

Reactions: guymez

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Obviously I'm not actually dictating what you or anyone else can / can't post about.

I just find it grating and unnecessarily negative to read on game day.

But go ahead; post whatever you want.
That's fair. I just see a roster that could have been so much better with some GM competence but what's done is done so..... Lets Go Oilers.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I sure would like to see him be more physical on the forecheck but defensively (at least by eye) he has looked pretty good to me.
Always seems to be in position...doesnt seem to be a liability regardless of who he gets matched up against.

That's been the story of McLeod in the playoffs.

His line struggles to score, but he gives up nothing and generally wins the territorial battle regardless of whom he's matched up against. You'd love more, but he's near the bottom of my concerns.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I have zero faith in Skinner, his career playoff stats are atrocious.
They are. I generally don’t either.

I will say that after to games against La he locked it down. Hopefully he can again

Prayers up

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
he has great wheels and a good shot. Want him to use them more

I think for us to see more offence out of him, they'll need to move him to wing and ease up his defensive responsibilities.

Right now he's to that point where if he offered the choice of driving the net, but there's a decent chance it's knocked away from you and you're potentially caught deep; vs. chipping it deep and always being in control of where you are to the puck, he's taking the latter 100%.

Far from the worst mindset. But it tells me a) he doesn't have a great feel for "in the moment" situations (when to go, when to not), and b) he has zero trust in his linemates to cover if he f**ks up.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
LETS GO OILERS

Not that the oilers crowd is bad, but it ain’t what it used to be, not like 06. Show Vancouver what a fan base is.

Hopefully we go back to Vancouver with a lead and their fans will be quietly nodding off when they aren’t crying about the refs giving us 1 PP per game

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Anyone got anything on Henrique? I just started my nightshift and just read lineup

LETS GO OILERS

Not that the oilers crowd is bad, but it ain’t what it used to be, not like 06. Show Vancouver what a fan base is.

Hopefully we go back to Vancouver with a lead and their fans will be quietly nodding off when they aren’t crying about the refs giving us 1 PP per game
Whitney tuned them, again

Reactions: Satire

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hoping it’s blisteringly loud in there.

“SI-LOVS”. Just make it utterly hostile there.

Get every single possible puck on net as well. High volume pressure in waves.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Mcleod has been really good defensively as he usually is. Save for one bad play I can remember where he didn’t cover a lane in the neau zone contributing to a goal against.
The Ceci-Nurse pairing came together back in 2022 more or less of necessity, as none of the blueliners other 6 could be counted on to play vs. elites.

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Barrie
Keith-Bouchard

They never looked that good together, but they kept their head above water (at least statistically) while facing an endless onslot of elites.

Since then, the Oil have had a borderline unhealthy obsession to try and make this pairing a thing. That, despite overwhelming evidence that they struggle to contain elite opposition, can't move the needle offensively, and might be the worst pairing in transition (in both directions) in the league.

The Oil have caught a massive break with Kulak-Vinny stepping up, but they need to take advantage of that and focus on fixing the Nurse pairing vs. continuing to ram a square peg into a round hole.

They've got 2 legit options sitting in the pressbox, so there are no excuses.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Vinny
Nurse-Stecher / Broberg-Nurse
Like and agreed. The Oilers seem dead set to make this pairing a thing. This despite many signs that the Oilers themselves don’t fully beleive in the pairing. Which I don’t know if it makes it better or worse.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You're forgetting the playoff standouts Toffoli, Mono, and Hertl :sarcasm:
We want em all!!
Just from the Nucks we should have taken Lindholm, Zadorov, Kuzmenko, Lafferty, and Soucy.
Holland missed out on all. Good thing Katz and Hymans dad were able to buy Cole.

• Haha
Reactions: guymez

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
NHL decided to assign this one to Chris Rooney, who previously made a circus of the Game 3 in the LA series.

Nothing will go wrong, I’m sure.
At least the Oilers actually got some PP opportunities in that one (7 to the Kings 5). I'd gladly take even 5 Oilers PPs to the Canucks 7.

Reactions: Oilhawks

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Get on with the bashing program boy. Holland should have added Walker+ Guentzel + Tarasenko for the 800K capspace he had.
I mean, he could have moved Ceci, Foegele, and Kane to upgrade. He was happy not moving a roster player- no matter how shitty they are or have been

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
We want em all!!
Just from the Nucks we should have taken Lindholm, Zadorov, Kuzmenko, Lafferty, and Soucy.
Holland missed out on all. Good thing Katz and Hymans dad were able to buy Cole.
Did anyone actually say that?

I’m sure most fans were asking for an upgrade on Ceci and a top 6 winger- which have been an oiler need forever.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Jets fan turned Oilers bandwagoner? Good to see. Don’t know why more Jets fans wouldn’t jump on board.

Fair enough. So you want his physicality in the line up.

I live in van I hate the canucks with a passion. I like the Oilers roster I think it is well put together for the first time in a long time. If it was jets vs oilers I wouldn't be posting here I would in all likelihood be talking trash. Also I put lots of money on the Oilers this year. Go oilers.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I live in van I hate the canucks with a passion. I like the Oilers roster I think it is well put together for the first time in a long time. If it was jets vs oilers I wouldn't be posting here I would in all likelihood be talking trash. Also I put lots of money on the Oilers this year. Go oilers.
Lol fair enough. Of course you support your own team first. I just think Edmonton/Winnipeg should be a natural fit for bandwagon jumping. Two small market prairie teams supporting one another seems right. That said, a lot of the Jets fanbase seems to hate the Oilers.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
We want em all!!
I mean if we got just two of those new canucks Id be looking onto the finals already. I hate it when fans act like Holland has some impossible job and what's he to do.

How about being at least somewhat similar re in season moves to other GMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad