Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It was something like Chychrun + Hanzal, but I'm not sure. It was a dream. I'm dreaming about NHL trades. Send help. Or nudes.

Hopefully we're not trading for nude Hanzal and nude Chychrun.

Dream about this one. Dumba, Coyle, and our first for Barkov.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
It's always incredible how much some fans think their TDL player can fetch. Some Bruins fans thought Eriksson could get Brodin, some Canucks fans think Hansen can get a JEE/Greenway/Kunin.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Likes the nude beaches?

Finns have no problem with nudity. So I don't think a few boobs drive him crazy.
But all those babes, the sun, the sea...
I'm not a fan of hot weather, but he seems to like it.
Laine seems to enjoy Winterpeg, just like "our" Finns have no problem with the temperatures in Minnesota.
But Barkov and Vatanen are lost.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's always incredible how much some fans think their TDL player can fetch. Some Bruins fans thought Eriksson could get Brodin, some Canucks fans think Hansen can get a JEE/Greenway/Kunin.

Canucks fans are desperate to avoid a repeat of the last few seasons when Benning failed to sell effectively at the deadline.

I am increasingly worried that Fletcher is going to consider Tuch for Hansen though. It sounds like Anaheim walked away from Hansen because Benning wanted a good young player rather than picks, and Fletcher is bound to do something at the deadline. We've got some depth behind him at wing in the prospect pool (especially if they see Kunin at wing in the NHL) and it'd make it easier to maybe get rid of Pominville in the offseason.

I wouldn't like it, but bad things happen at the trade deadline.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Listening to Russo on Beyond the Pond reading between the line sounds like Boyle is the # 1 target

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
Canucks fans are desperate to avoid a repeat of the last few seasons when Benning failed to sell effectively at the deadline.

I am increasingly worried that Fletcher is going to consider Tuch for Hansen though. It sounds like Anaheim walked away from Hansen because Benning wanted a good young player rather than picks, and Fletcher is bound to do something at the deadline. We've got some depth behind him at wing in the prospect pool (especially if they see Kunin at wing in the NHL) and it'd make it easier to maybe get rid of Pominville in the offseason.

What in Fletcher's history makes you think he would trade a young first round pick in his first pro year for a player who has a personal best of 38 points.. I know he traded Leddy for Cam Barker in 2010, but Barker was a 23 year old 3rd overall pick and not a 30 year old winger with injury history.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Finns have no problem with nudity. So I don't think a few boobs drive him crazy.
But all those babes, the sun, the sea...
I'm not a fan of hot weather, but he seems to like it.
Laine seems to enjoy Winterpeg, just like "our" Finns have no problem with the temperatures in Minnesota.
But Barkov and Vatanen are lost.

But the sunburns!

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What in Fletcher's history makes you think he would trade a young first round pick in his first pro year for a player who has a personal best of 38 points.. I know he traded Leddy for Cam Barker in 2010, but Barker was a 23 year old 3rd overall pick and not a 30 year old winger with injury history.

Fair point. My concern is more that:

1.) Historically, Fletcher does make at least one trade at the deadline
2.) We don't have a lot of room to make a trade this year (little cap space, no 2nd round pick in 2017)
3.) There aren't a ton of available* options with so many teams still hoping to make the playoffs, especially in the East

*Of course, rumored availability and actual availability are very different things. There might be more options than we're generally aware of.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Put another way, would you rather trade Tuch or our 1st(likely very late), for Hansen? A late first is unlikely to be much of anything for another 4 or 5 year, while I can see Tuch being a least a bottom six player next year. I wasn't impressed with Tuch when he was called up, but he's still very young. If he gets a bit stronger he'll be nice to have around...6'4" with some offensive upside. The problem with him is what can he do if he doesn't score.

I also don't like that we have to take on Hansen's contract for next year...every penny counts.
Would rather keep Haula. I guess Hansen could be moved in the off season.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Put another way, would you rather trade Tuch or our 1st(likely very late), for Hansen? A late first is unlikely to be much of anything for another 4 or 5 year, while I can see Tuch being a least a bottom six player next year. I also don't like that we have to take on Hansen's contract for next year...every penny counts. Would rather keep Haula.

I'd much rather move the 20th-or-later pick in an iffy draft than the 18th overall pick in a pretty good draft that's already developed pretty well and is, as you say, close to playing in the NHL. I'd hope Fletcher would too, or even just pass on the trade deadline altogether if there isn't a better fit. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad