Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I don't know why Buffalo would do that. Reinhart had 2 less points than Granlund's season high and he's only 20 years old.

They probably wouldn't, but I still posted it. But they do get their LHD who can play now, a C/W in granny, and they still can draft their future #2 C behind eichel or #2 dman at 8 still. It's not that bad of an idea haha

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
They probably wouldn't, but I still posted it. But they do get their LHD who can play now, a C/W in granny, and they still can draft their future #2 C behind eichel or #2 dman at 8 still. It's not that bad of an idea haha

I could maybe see it happening if they are in on Stamkos.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah. No. Not a chance they "easily" decline an offer like that.

Sure they do. They're not taking a combination of nice pieces to trade for a guy that was drafted #2 OA , was Tim Murrays 1st draft pick, just completed a very successful rookie season and is part of their core going forward.

Only piece on WIld that makes Reinhart available is Suter and even then he's too old for it to make sense for me.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Those offers for Reinhart are terrible for the Wild. RNH is some chump but Reinhart is some franchiser saver?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
It depends on the price. We've never had a player like Malkin so it couldn't possibly be THAT bad.
Always depends on the price.

Speaking of which, I'm liking the Dman news lately. Gudbranson to Van. Goligoski to Phoenix (hopefully). Barrie staying in Colorado.

Hopefully, that raises the prices of our blueliners with other teams who haven't go in on the action yet.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
It depends on the price. We've never had a player like Malkin so it couldn't possibly be THAT bad.

Ok, from an NHL 17 point of view as if we get to play GM, it would be huge fun. You're right, the Wild have never had a player like this.

But I don't trust the cost or his health. And I am skeptical of Fletch and the pressure i'm sure he feels to make changes AND still compete.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Wild somehow pulled off moving Vanek/Pominville and then signed Stamkos for 7 years. Especially if it'll be a $9.5m cap hit. I could dig it:

Parise-Stamkos-Coyle
Zucker-Koivu-Granlund
Nino-Haula-Tuch
Carter-Graovac-Porter

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandellla-Dumba
Reilly-Brodin

Dubnyk
Backup

Expansion (Russo said we are for sure using 7F, 3D, 1G strat):
7F: Stamkos, Parise, Koivu, Coyle, Nino, Granlund, Haula
3D: Suter, Brodin, Dumba
1G: Dubnyk
Trade Bait: Scandella, Spurgeon (ideally for picks/prospects that are close to NHL ready and cap space)

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Humongous big comeback: Ilya Bryzgalov wants to make return to NHL

“I feel like I’m 21 again and just coming into the NHL. I have a hunger to play and to face the challenges that come with playing in this league. I’ve been missing that.â€

b0eXj.gif

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
For all the crap I take for putting Pominville in 90% of my trade proposal, I do so acknowledging that he only gets moved if the Wild are taking back even contracts equally as large or larger. i.e. Stepan, RNH, Eberle, Malkin, Ryan, etc.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Wild somehow pulled off moving Vanek/Pominville and then signed Stamkos for 7 years. Especially if it'll be a $9.5m cap hit. I could dig it:

Parise-Stamkos-Coyle
Zucker-Koivu-Granlund
Nino-Haula-Tuch
Carter-Graovac-Porter

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandellla-Dumba
Reilly-Brodin

Dubnyk
Backup

Expansion (Russo said we are for sure using 7F, 3D, 1G strat):
7F: Stamkos, Parise, Koivu, Coyle, Nino, Granlund, Haula
3D: Suter, Brodin, Dumba
1G: Dubnyk
Trade Bait: Scandella, Spurgeon (ideally for picks/prospects that are close to NHL ready and cap space)

Trade/Expose better defensemen, and protect worse ones because at some point in time the worse ones might figure out there is a third zone on the ice they've been completely ignoring?

Makes sense

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
For all the crap I take for putting Pominville in 90% of my trade proposal, I do so acknowledging that he only gets moved if the Wild are taking back Just ask yourself this even contracts equally as large or larger. i.e. Stepan, RNH, Eberle, Malkin, Ryan, etc.

Just ask yourself this if Pominville was still in Buffalo and the Wild traded for him tomorrow would you be upset?? That said I dont see any team that would take on Pominville at this point with his production dropping the last 2 years and his pricetag!

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
So after next season we will have 6 RFA's.... (Granlund, Niederreiter, Haula, Reilly, Folin, and Olofsson. There are others but they are AHL level players).

I feel if we want to sign a big name player (RNH, Stamkos, Okposo, Backes, etc..) we will have to move at minimum one of those guys. As much as I want to see Granlund on the wing, I really could see us moving him this summer while his trade value is fairly high after a solid playoffs and World Championship. I guess we could always wait until next offseason to move one of them, but there's always a risk of a player losing value.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I guess I'm still less worried about Pominville than most. Yes, he had a terrible first 3/4 of the season last year and was awful during most of it. After 2/17, he had 15 points (5g 10a) in the last 19 games of the regular season as well as 7 points (4g 3a) in the 6 games of playoffs . I don't know about when he got put on a line with Nino and Haula, but Pominville was actually quite productive over the final 25 games of our season in that line.

I'm not saying he's turned it around as a player at all, because he could very well lay an egg next season too, but he put up very adequate numbers on that Nino/Haula line and I'm very interested to see if they can continue that this upcoming season.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I guess I'm still less worried about Pominville than most. Yes, he had a terrible first 3/4 of the season last year and was awful during most of it. After 2/17, he had 15 points (5g 10a) in the last 19 games of the regular season as well as 7 points (4g 3a) in the 6 games of playoffs . I don't know about when he got put on a line with Nino and Haula, but Pominville was actually quite productive over the final 25 games of our season in that line.

I'm not saying he's turned it around as a player at all, because he could very well lay an egg next season too, but he put up very adequate numbers on that Nino/Haula line and I'm very interested to see if they can continue that this upcoming season.

Anything's possible, it's just the pricetag that's the biggest problem. If a forward makes what Poms makes in today's NHL, you kinda have to expect them to score at least 50 pts.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Anything's possible, it's just the pricetag that's the biggest problem. If a forward makes what Poms makes in today's NHL, you kinda have to expect them to score at least 50 pts.

It may very well have been some crazy streak he was on, but he had a pretty good PPG pace there at the end of the season and I'd wager that the majority of it was his comfort level with Haula/Nino, having less pressure by being on the third line to go along with easier matchups with a little luck thrown in. If he can maintain that comfort level and get more easy matchups, he at least has a good chance of minimizing the liability he was last season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It may very well have been some crazy streak he was on, but he had a pretty good PPG pace there at the end of the season and I'd wager that the majority of it was his comfort level with Haula/Nino, having less pressure by being on the third line to go along with easier matchups with a little luck thrown in. If he can maintain that comfort level and get more easy matchups, he at least has a good chance of minimizing the liability he was last season.

I don't know that the matchups were any easier. Nino/Haula/Pommer were matched up against other teams top lines quite often.

Probably ended up being it was too hard to maintain his 2% shooting%. It is hard to hit the goalie 49 out of 50 times without a weird bounce, the goalie falling over, ect... :sarcasm:

I don't think he's a 30/30 guy anymore, but 50p guy he should be (in Yoe's system, because I don't know what BB has planned). He got into his own head, and the coaching change seemed to snap him out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino