Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Let's say the deal is Granlund+Kuemper+Belpedio+Pominville (calm down some of you) for Malkin.

Would you do it?

I think that is the line where I would have to think about it. Otherwise, pass.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Let's say the deal is Granlund+Kuemper+Belpedio+Pominville (calm down some of you) for Malkin.

Would you do it?

Swap Zucker for Kuemper? Don't know how interested they'd be with another goalie (even if MAF is traded) Murray/Zatkoff is a decent combo.

If this is a cap move then they are taking back more than they are giving. Pommer is untradeable to the Pens. Salary/term + NMC.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Swap Zucker for Kuemper? Don't know how interested they'd be with another goalie (even if MAF is traded) Murray/Zatkoff is a decent combo.

If this is a cap move then they are taking back more than they are giving. Pommer is untradeable to the Pens. Salary/term + NMC.
Forgot about Zatkoff...

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

Would you do it?

if it's gonna cost us close to that, I'd rather have RNH or someone else. Cheaper, younger, and we'd only have to give up a dman + small add instead of big add. And we'd keep the majority of the assets listed above. I'm fine with trading one or two people to get a C, and not blow up the entire team.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
if it's gonna cost us close to that, I'd rather have RNH or someone else. Cheaper, younger, and we'd only have to give up a dman + small add instead of big add. And we'd keep the majority of the assets listed above. I'm fine with trading one or two people to get a C, and not blow up the entire team.

I actually thought his offer was a little low. To me that looks like basically Granlund for Malkin, which just seems silly. Belpedio may or may not have an impact beyond bottom 6, Kuemper's kind of a spare part (not a bad one, mind you, but still), and people have been wanting to run Pominville out of town since like November. I think more realistically the Pens would want Coyle/Nino, probably plus Granlund, and Poms (salary dump, sorta). Which, I agree, is probably too many parts to lose all at once.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I actually thought his offer was a little low. To me that looks like basically Granlund for Malkin, which just seems silly. Belpedio may or may not have an impact beyond bottom 6, Kuemper's kind of a spare part (not a bad one, mind you, but still), and people have been wanting to run Pominville out of town since like November. I think more realistically the Pens would want Coyle/Nino, probably plus Granlund, and Poms (salary dump, sorta). Which, I agree, is probably too many parts to lose all at once.

Yeah that's too low. They'd want like Dumba/Brodin + Nino/Coyle + Ek/Tuch or something. Kuemper and Belpidio are not going to tip the scales much at all.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah I don't think that's even close. Malkin is still one of the best players in the world. Unless Pitt is in major trouble with the contract, it's going to take a lot more. And I don't think they are.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Yeah that's too low. They'd want like Dumba/Brodin + Nino/Coyle + Ek/Tuch or something. Kuemper and Belpidio are not going to tip the scales much at all.

Yeah, I meant my "counter" as a sort of "starting point" on like the very least they would be asking for. I mean stranger things have happened (*ahem*, Kessel) but still.

EDIT: That said, PIT are definitely facing the cap crunch. I think they've noticed the last couple seasons that, while yeah, Malkin's one of the best players in the world, you're really not getting him at 100% if he's got to play behind the guy who might be (cringe) THE best player in the world. It's weird (esp. as a Wild fan) to think of a player of that calibre being superfluous, but yeah... If they can get a decent return for him while getting rid of that salary, esp. after just winning the Cup, they might just do it.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Yeah I don't think that's even close. Malkin is still one of the best players in the world. Unless Pitt is in major trouble with the contract, it's going to take a lot more. And I don't think they are.
Pitt is in huge trouble even if they move Fleury.

That's the only reason they are taking calls on Malkin in the first place.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Pitt is in huge trouble even if they move Fleury.

That's the only reason they are taking calls on Malkin in the first place.

Well they'll probably move Fluery which would give them a lot more flexibility. Might be tight but they can probably work it out without trading him.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008

Would you do it?

No way we get Malkin for that. It'd be Granlund, one of the D (Pitts choice) and a first just to start.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I think it's just at that point that I'd overpay for Reinhart.

Wild

Reinhart
Fasching

Sabres

Spurgeon
Coyle
JEE

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I would kill to get Draisaitl from that team. I should think they'd need something like Granlund going back, though, not Coyle. They would definitely want either Spurge or Dumba, and could probably get away with demanding the 15oa as well.

My main worry is if Draisaitl regresses, we'd be ****ed.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I would kill to get Draisaitl from that team. I should think they'd need something like Granlund going back, though, not Coyle. They would definitely want either Spurge or Dumba, and could probably get away with demanding the 15oa as well.

My main worry is if Draisaitl regresses, we'd be ****ed.

A player of his talents on an entry-level contract would, indeed, probably require you to commit homicide.

The Coyotes just added Goligoski for a 5th round pick and some money. The Oilers are likely to add a similar player without costing their team one of the most valuable assets in the NHL.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
A player of his talents on an entry-level contract would, indeed, probably require you to commit homicide.

The Coyotes just added Goligoski for a 5th round pick and some money. The Oilers are likely to add a similar player without costing their team one of the most valuable assets in the NHL.

Indeed.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

Sure they are. Just like they did the last 6 years.

Reason Oilers need to look to trade for a Dman is because nobody wants to sign there unless it is a massive overpaymenr

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis

If he doesn't like Arizona or the deal they are offering he can still become a UFA so it's not like they for sure added him for next season...

Hamhuis's UFA rights were traded from Nashville to Philadelphia to Pittsburgh and then he still went to free agency and signed with the Canucks. I think it's funny that Pittsburgh traded a 3rd for his UFA rights and he still didn't sign there :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad