Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Definitely not happy we couldn't beat that offer. CLB banking on Jones living up to potential.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Done deal. Good hockey trade.

Jones straight up > Brodin straight up or Dumba+

Not sure what our chances actually were.

I'm definitely in the minority, but I truly believe Brodin career>Jones career. Jones and Werenski will be a good pairing though.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Do what know the status of Koivu? Sorry if I missed something. I wonder if that would affect how hard we go after a Center. Not overly upset about losing out on RyJo. But, I liked him more than RNH. If we could get Couture I would be ecstatic.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
I suspect that the central division will rue this day - ryjo played well this season until torts happened and he fits what the preds need like a glove.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Do what know the status of Koivu? Sorry if I missed something. I wonder if that would affect how hard we go after a Center. Not overly upset about losing out on RyJo. But, I liked him more than RNH. If we could get Couture I would be ecstatic.

Couture will cost Brodin++

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I suspect that the central division will rue this day - ryjo played well this season until torts happened and he fits what the preds need like a glove.

If torts screwed him up that much, he's mentally weak. What I saw was a player who pouted and didn't try because he wanted out.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If torts screwed him up that much, he's mentally weak. What I saw was a player who pouted and didn't try because he wanted out.
Not to mention the contract drama where things got way out of hand....I'm not saying he's a bad player or wouldn't help us greatly, but I can't help but see a red flag or two.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
RyJo is a 30 goal scoring 23 year old, 6'3'' center that has had past chemistry with Nino. We should have beat that offer.

Wonder if Dumba had a great game last night if Colombus would have made an inquiry.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011

torts managed to royally screw up entire teams... ryjo may be a bit immature, but, he is still only 23.

RyJo is a 30 goal scoring 23 year old, 6'3'' center that has had past chemistry with Nino. We should have beat that offer.

chemistry with nino? please tell, although, it is just salt in the wound at this point :( ryjo coyle nino line, sigh

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

Wonder if Dumba had a great game last night if Colombus would have made an inquiry.

No they still would have picked Jones most likely.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Does the Johansen trade put any pressure on Fletcher to make a move?

Where does he go from here?
Stammer is NOT going to be here. Its almost an automatic that he'll be in a leafs jersey next year.
Kopi is or has (?) resigned w/ LA..

Granny is NOT a #1c. Mikko is getting older. Coyle or Haula, nope.

RyJo, would've been the guy and the most possible to get. Now he's in a press uni. Idk where he goes from here.

I don't want no ****** Matt Moulson type deal for a "center" here... **** that.. Ill be pissed if he pulled off on of those kinds of trades.

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Where does he go from here?
Stammer is NOT going to be here. Its almost an automatic that he'll be in a leafs jersey next year.
Kopi is or has (?) resigned w/ LA..

Granny is NOT a #1c. Mikko is getting older. Coyle or Haula, nope.

RyJo, would've been the guy and the most possible to get. Now he's in a press uni. Idk where he goes from here.

I don't want no ****** Matt Moulson type filler "center" here... **** that.. Ill be pissed if he pulled off on of those kinds of trades.

The only other center that might be available is Ryan-Nugent Hopkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad