Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
@Craigcustance Loser in the Jones/Johansen swap? Minnesota Wild. Division rival gets the center both teams needed and wanted.

You cant the say wild didn't try. If you would have read people wrote about the wild Johansen.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
@Craigcustance Loser in the Jones/Johansen swap? Minnesota Wild. Division rival gets the center both teams needed and wanted.

l2Cmq2c.gif

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
He just as easily could have meant finding a 3c to move Coyle back to wing. My hopes for a big trade for a 1c are not up because of that quote.

We already have plenty of 3C that isnt what he meant

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
If you can swing a trade for RNH without including Granlund, that makes this team pretty damn good. I'd prefer Dumba over Brodin, but my gut says Brodin and that'd be a hard pill to swallow. However, that trade sets this team up at C for years. A line of Nino-RNH-Coyle is still pretty amazing.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
My guess is Fletcher was trying to sell CBJ on a package of Brodin + Haula for RyJo.

Haula got bumped up the line up and expanded offensive role after being healthy scratch, and i cant imagine other than maybe Groavoc we couldn't have really offered anything more than maybe a pick.

CBJ must have valued Jones > Brodin + Haula + mid pick.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Please, nobody bring up Draisaitl again. That would be a dream come true, and GMCF doesn't have the gumption, nor Edmonton the certifiable insanity, to make it happen :cry:

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
talk about us over valuing ryjo. it was a straight up one for one trade.

How about Galchenyuk? I saw a rumor about that, although I would find it hard to believe they would want to trade him.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Wild didn't lose anything. If anything, Seth Jones is now off the market, meaning the Wild just became the Oilers #1 spot for picking up a skilled RD. Plus, Columbus and Nashville just the set the price of a center for a dman swap.

RNH is available, and we don't even need to give Granlund to get him. Say what you will about RNH, but RNH-Koivu-Granlund is a damn good trio of centers.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Russo mentioned on Kfan yesterday he thought that a trade for Johansen would not happen for a bevy of reasons one being he didn't think the Blue Jackets could sell Brodin to the fan base. He then went to say that it opens the door for maybe a RNH or Couture. He was pumping Couture during the offseason as well, so maybe there is something there.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Couture or RNH is going to be hard to fit under the cap.

Brodin has to be the starter, theres no other way around it looks like.

what do you add then to make the $$ work? Haula? Fontain? only 2 players who prob are actually worth something at this point, but even if we add one of them do we still fit under the cap? i think its really close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad