Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
I'd probably want Fletcher fired if he made a move like that, especially cause we have no shot at Stamkos.

I only did this with the thought that Stamkos and his agent had an agreement with Fletcher prior to the draft. No way I would want Fletcher to do this unless we were for sure getting Stamkos.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I only did this with the thought that Stamkos and his agent had an agreement with Fletcher prior to the draft. No way I would want Fletcher to do this unless we were for sure getting Stamkos.

Yeah, I assumed that, which is why I wanted to point that out.

I don't think we have the cap space to make any attempt at Stamkos, even with offloading some players. I'd be okay with sending assets like Granlund, picks, etc. if we're targeting someone like Johansen, RNH, or maybe Drouin. I just think if we actually want to try to acquire that #1 Center, it's gonna have to come through trade not FA.

I am on-board with trying to move Pommers, although I don't think it'd take much significant retaining to get him in a Habs uniform. He would fit their team nicely.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
I am on-board with trying to move Pommers, although I don't think it'd take much significant retaining to get him in a Habs uniform. He would fit their team nicely.

I think both GM's will find a way to make this work. I really like Pominiville, but I think a change of teams could be really good for him as his game has been slipping the past year.

I was more doing the Stamkos deal for fun :). Realistically I would like to see us get Logan Couture but I'm not sure we could drag him out of San Jose.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
At least we get to see RyJo tonight. See if the hype is real. I read another article that the preds are interested. Top dman and veteran forward. Wonder if the wild could trade Dumba/scandella and pommer.

Last edited:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
At least we get to see RyJo tonight. See if the hype is real. I read another article that the preds are interested. Top dman and veteran forward. Wonder if the wild could trade Dumba/scandella and pommer.

They are talking about it a lot.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
So if Koivu is out for an extended period of time does that speed up the process for a center? or teams may know youre desperate and the price may be higher and you have no choice to wait.

Lets hope Koivu isnt injured bad and doesnt miss much if any time

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
RyJo going through the motions for much or part of the game, but you can tell when he flips the switch bc you can tell he's got a lot of skill

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
If its a serious injury to Koivu, Fletcher is absolutely on the phone inquiring about centers on the block.

Really hoping its not serious for Koivu. Really looked like a violent collision, could be anything in the upper body.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
If its a serious injury to Koivu, Fletcher is absolutely on the phone inquiring about centers on the block.

Really hoping its not serious for Koivu. Really looked like a violent collision, could be anything in the upper body.

I'm really worried it's his back, based on how he slammed into the boards ass-first. That can jar your whole body, and once your back's messed up, it can take ages to get sorted out again, and there will be days that he would be ultra-limited in his movement as a result. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything :help:

Part of me is morbidly curious about what Fletcher's gonna do if Koivu's injury is serious. Is he gonna jump the gun and potentially get fleeced, or sit around and hope Koivu gets better? Hopefully this ends up being a moot point and he comes back tomorrow.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

You have to think if (and I really hope not) Koivu is out a bit, a trade will definitely not include Granlund. I really wanted RyJo before anyhow and I think it could be done without including Granlund.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Even after his performance tonight, I still want RyJo on the Wild...bad.

If the puck doesn't hop over his stick or his tip goes in with under two minutes then I think people would see it differently. I thought he was fine but he was trying to do too much at times.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
If the puck doesn't hop over his stick or his tip goes in with under two minutes then I think people would see it differently. I thought he was fine but he was trying to do too much at times.

What is his ice time and linemates looking like? If I played under Torts and I wanted a nice paycheck next year, I would be busting my ass off too in order to get it

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What is his ice time and linemates looking like? If I played under Torts and I wanted a nice paycheck next year, I would be busting my ass off too in order to get it

Averages 17:20. Last 10 though go 18:17, 18:41, 12:24, 14:06, 15:19, 14:39, 20:03, 11:03, 21:11, and 18:55. Hard to get in a groove when his ice time is so inconsistent. According to leftwinglock.com his most common linemates are Saad and Jenner, though I've heard from Jackets fans that he's been playing with Foligno.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
While I have always and am still on the side of keeping our defensive assets (Brodin, etc.) this is the one thing that makes me think twice. RyJo going to Nashville and tearing us (and the central) apart scares me.

Seth Jones the starting point, wouldn't you say?

One has to think that's a yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad