Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Wait what? If there is one thing I'll defend Fletcher on, that's all he's been doing since coming to Minnesota. Havlat, Kobasew, Setoguchi, Heatley, el Nino, Parise, Vanek, Pominville, Stewart, Moulsen...Fletcher has been desperately trying to get the offense this team needs.

The problem is (a) Minnesota has sucky scouts and (b) has terrible development.

We have one of the worst development programs in the NHL and one of the worst prospect systems right now. We can't afford to trade anyone in the top 4 because it ends up like this:

Suter - Spurgeon
Scandella - Dumba
PROSSER

Prosser would become the 5th defenseman. Oh look, Spurgeon is injured and now Prosser is our 4th defenseman.

We literally have razor thin depth.
I'm pretty sure Olofsson are Reilly would get called up. I think the wild having 4 prospects at the wjc is pretty good for the worst prospect pool in the league.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
just like Brodin is our #5.
Ehhh. I view Brodin as a #2Dc if that makes sense. Him, Spurgeon, and Scandella are interchangeable.
hmmmm. i guess we have to trade for stamkos now.

Brodin

Pomminville

Backstrom

Granlund

1st

Stamkos

Drouin

3rd
I'd do it if there was a contract in place for Stamkos. I'd definitely order a Stamkos jersey to go with my Heater jersey. Doubt Tampa goes for it though. If they wanted that much salary they'd just re-sign Stamkos.
Wait what? If there is one thing I'll defend Fletcher on, that's all he's been doing since coming to Minnesota. Havlat, Kobasew, Setoguchi, Heatley, el Nino, Parise, Vanek, Pominville, Stewart, Moulsen...Fletcher has been desperately trying to get the offense this team needs.

The problem is (a) Minnesota has sucky scouts and (b) has terrible development.

We have one of the worst development programs in the NHL and one of the worst prospect systems right now. We can't afford to trade anyone in the top 4 because it ends up like this:

Suter - Spurgeon
Scandella - Dumba
PROSSER

Prosser would become the 5th defenseman. Oh look, Spurgeon is injured and now Prosser is our 4th defenseman.

We literally have razor thin depth.

I feel like I'm on repeat on these boards. Olofsson should be playing in front of Prosser. The kid is a stud. Perfect shutdown 3rd pair dman to play with Dumba, something we could use right now and going into the playoffs.

Also, maybe we have our own diamond center in the AHL in Grayson Downing. On pace for 43 goals 30 assists 73 points this season. Small sample size but the kid has put up points everywhere.

BCMML 32gp 15g 25a 40pts
BCHL 132gp 65g 64a 129pts
NCAA (New Hampshire) 144gp 55g 56a 111pts
AHL 24GP 10g 11a 21pts

Not 1C quality, but definitely could be an option for 2nd or 3rd line center in the future with some upside.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I know it's already been said...but Stamkos?? Are you kidding? He's never coming to Minnesota. We couldnt even put together an attractive enough offer for Johansen without crippling our team. Stamkos is on a whole other level.

Don't see the Wild making a panic move to try and compete with what Nashville is doing. First thing is we need clarity on Koivu's situation. He could be back this weekend, he could be out for a few months. his time table definitely changes our approach.

Another thing is, one of the big selling points on Johansen was, not only is he a young No.1 C, but he also is a big body. In addition to needing help at center, the Wild also need size upfront. While RNH is a good player, he's less of a guarantee to be a top-line center quality than RyJo and he's a smaller player at 6' 175.

Look at Coyles progression this year. He's not as skilled as Granlund or even Zucker but it's his size and physicality that have made him one of our most dangerous and effective forwards. Defenders struggle to contain him, slow him down, and knock him off the puck. When he drives the net he's forcing defenders to take penalties or he's driving right by them all while creating space for his line mates. That's what made Johansen so tempting. Putting him with a guys like Parise, Vanek, Zucker creates breathing room for those skilled players to go to work offensively.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
RNH has a lot more years left in his prime than Couture.

Dumba+Pominville+Tuch to the Oilers for RNH.

Oilers then flip Yak for another young RD.

HUGE overpayment, Lou Nanne seems to think we can get RNH for Spurgeon Straight up!

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
On the radio this morning Yeo said Koivu could play tonight. Said it depended on how sore he was. Not that he is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille