Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The deal offered was with RNH extended + picks/prospects

Yeah, if you're trading Suter, it means you're not going in for a Cup in the next few years. If you're not going in for a Cup in the next few years, you have no need for RNH, who will be 31 in a few years, and almost certainly worse than he is now. And the prospects you're going to get in an RNH+ package are going to be nothing close to top prospects like Broberg, Bouchard, Holloway, Lavoie, whatever. So I have no clue why you'd trade Suter for RNH.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I would pay money to hear the conversation where Guerin asks Suter if he's willing to waive his NMC for Edmonton.

Bill: Hey we got an offer for you to edmonton

Suter: Im not waiving

Bill: Edmonton has a great team and you could be the missing piece to bring them a cup

Suter: I cant play golf in edmonton as often

Bill: youre a hockey player dammit

Suter: im not waiving

Bill: Can you play golf without any teeth? because im about to punch your face in

Suter: fine ill think about it

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Any scenario in which Suter goes to EDM is so unlikely that it's a waste of time to think about it. Spurgeon going back home? Maybe. Suter? Never.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Unless you're certain Ryan Suter isn't going to retire, it's not worth the cap recapture risk. I'd rather take the punishment of him being on the roster playing a 4-6D role than cost us his cap hit for years going forward by retiring.

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Look at y’all talk up Suter like he’s 1st pair in that thread. He’s been awful this year. Part of me thinks he’s mentally checked out since the team *should* be bad. The other part of me thinks his injury has made him this type of player. Is he still top 4? Absolutely. 1st pair? Please no.

Any deal for picks/prospects that doesn’t include Holloway is an absolute joke. Minnesota needs to stack quality center prospects.

Brodin is so clearly the #1 on this team.

Any thoughts on Stepan being an upgrade up the middle?

Derek Stepan Wants To Come Home
Rask for Stepan

Other cap moves would need to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Look at y’all talk up Suter like he’s 1st pair in that thread. He’s been awful this year. Part of me thinks he’s mentally checked out since the team *should* be bad. The other part of me thinks his injury has made him this type of player. Is he still top 4? Absolutely. 1st pair? Please no.

Any deal for picks/prospects that doesn’t include Holloway is an absolute joke. Minnesota needs to stack quality center prospects.

See i wouldnt be a terrible GM :naughty:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Any thoughts on Stepan being an upgrade up the middle?

Derek Stepan Wants To Come Home
I thought his family was still in ARI?

Anyway, don't that Stepan is more desireable than Bonino, and is probably less so. Melnyk loves him because he only makes 2M in actual $. Don't see them wanting to take on Rask, or even MoJo. I thought the whole point of acquiring Bonino and Johansson was that we could trade them for a 2nd at the TDL? Does this mean we would acquire Stepan, then trade him for a second at the TDL?

Seems like a lot of work for a near washed up hockey player.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I’d rather give regular minutes to Stepan than Bjugstad or Rask but I can’t see Ottawa taking back the ugliness that the Wild would have to move to make it work.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
You always have to factor in the cheapness of Melnyk when doing a deal with OTT.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018

Rask for Stepan

Other cap moves would need to happen.
Can they take zucc off our hands too?:thumbu:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Honestly everyone here should be on board for a Rask and Stepan swap. I'd throw a 6th for them to retain the the few million needed for cap

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
2016–17Montreal CanadiensNHL821327403560222
2017–18Montreal CanadiensNHL528172534
2018–19Montreal CanadiensNHL8112415339
2019–20Montreal CanadiensNHL7113344732101236
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

doesnt scream "give me big money" to me.... i know hes good defensively, but i dont want a 53 pt 1c for 6million a year.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
2016–17Montreal CanadiensNHL821327403560222
2017–18Montreal CanadiensNHL528172534
2018–19Montreal CanadiensNHL8112415339
2019–20Montreal CanadiensNHL7113344732101236
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
doesnt scream "give me big money" to me.... i know hes good defensively, but i dont want a 53 pt 1c for 6million a year.
Well I'd say you have a point if we already have a 50 point center but we don't have any.

PD normally excels in 5v5 scoring where he ranks up towards the top. I do think the criticism of a lot comes from secondary assists is valid, but secondary assists can set up a goal as much as a primary at times.

Without looking it up I assume PD will be the top UFA center in the offseason. Do you want the Wild to have another year wasted with their D core and limit our budding wings again? He is going to make 6mil somewhere. Why not here where we could actually use him?

PD wants to go somewhere he can play in the top 6 and get PP time. With how our depth is he will be the 1C until Rossi takes over and with how Dean runs the PP he will get plenty of time on it.

you take a 50 point center and give him PP time he turns into a 60+ point center.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well I'd say you have a point if we already have a 50 point center but we don't have any.

PD normally excels in 5v5 scoring where he ranks up towards the top. I do think the criticism of a lot comes from secondary assists is valid, but secondary assists can set up a goal as much as a primary at times.

Without looking it up I assume PD will be the top UFA center in the offseason. Do you want the Wild to have another year wasted with their D core and limit our budding wings again? He is going to make 6mil somewhere. Why not here where we could actually use him?

PD wants to go somewhere he can play in the top 6 and get PP time. With how our depth is he will be the 1C until Rossi takes over and with how Dean runs the PP he will get plenty of time on it.

you take a 50 point center and give him PP time he turns into a 60+ point center.

He could have been getting PP time in Montreal, but he's not good at it, which is why he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca