Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Friedman on NHL network just said that he's hearing that Dubois really wants out of Cbus, and that he wants out sooner than later.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This offer probably sucks but whatever:

Bonino (cap purposes, CY positional replacement, potential 1st/2nd round pick)
Khusnutdinov (recent 2nd rounder, longer term mid 6 center possibility)
Our 1st (top 3ish protected)
Pittsburgh’s 1st

So, potentially 2-3 1sts and a good (not great) prospect of the same position. Not sure if I’d even do it; just tossing it out there.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
This offer probably sucks but whatever:

Bonino (cap purposes, CY positional replacement, potential 1st/2nd round pick)
Khusnutdinov (recent 2nd rounder, longer term mid 6 center possibility)
Our 1st (top 3ish protected)
Pittsburgh’s 1st

So, potentially 2-3 1sts and a good (not great) prospect of the same position. Not sure if I’d even do it; just tossing it out there.
i was thinking somehwere along the line of our 2 firsts, Ek and Khovanov.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You really can't.

Rossi or Boldy + top 10 protected 1st rounder + Foligno

And it’s not like we’d be able to afford all 5 of them going forward anyway, so one of them going the other way would make sense. I’m just wary of trading for disgruntled players because there’s nothing that says they won’t stay that way.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
And it’s not like we’d be able to afford all 5 of them going forward anyway, so one of them going the other way would make sense. I’m just wary of trading for disgruntled players because there’s nothing that says they won’t stay that way.
Might be able to keep the 1st by adding Ek or possibly Khusnutdinov, but I can't see getting it done without one of the 4.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Eriksson Ek (immediate long term middle 6 solution)
Bonino/Johansson (cap purposes, immediate short term replacement)
Khovanov/Khustnutdinov (longest term potential top 6)
1st (top 10 protected, which means ours, because I don't think we can put conditions on PIT's)
Beckman/Firstov/2nd (additional prospect to help build their pipeline)

If PLD is really pushing to make this happen quick, and CBJ obliges, I don't think they're going to require getting a top 6 center back. Given that he's their only truly bright star on offense, it might signal some sort of a rebuild for them, and they may be okay with getting picks/prospects/young players. Their pool is disgustingly depleted after trading virtually all of their 2019 picks.

Khovanov or Khusnutdinov would give them a solid center prospect to add, Beckamn or Firstov would help, and the 1st could still end up being a good player as well. That's three prospects that would likely be in their top 5.

I would probably be comfortable giving that up if I knew PLD wanted to be here and would sign a 6-8 year extension with us when his current deal ends. I don't think that's the best offer Columbus receives though, because I'd bet another team will trade a top prospect for him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm also prepared to add Greenway to that package, because frankly, I would overpay using B prospects and middle six players if it meant getting a truly legit top line center. I think we can afford to lose some depth if it means more quality on the roster.

Kaprizov-Dubois-Fiala makes me salivate.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Eriksson Ek (immediate long term middle 6 solution)
Bonino/Johansson (cap purposes, immediate short term replacement)
Khovanov/Khustnutdinov (longest term potential top 6)
1st (top 10 protected, which means ours, because I don't think we can put conditions on PIT's)
Beckman/Firstov/2nd (additional prospect to help build their pipeline)

If PLD is really pushing to make this happen quick, and CBJ obliges, I don't think they're going to require getting a top 6 center back. Given that he's their only truly bright star on offense, it might signal some sort of a rebuild for them, and they may be okay with getting picks/prospects/young players. Their pool is disgustingly depleted after trading virtually all of their 2019 picks.

Khovanov or Khusnutdinov would give them a solid center prospect to add, Beckamn or Firstov would help, and the 1st could still end up being a good player as well. That's three prospects that would likely be in their top 5.

I would probably be comfortable giving that up if I knew PLD wanted to be here and would sign a 6-8 year extension with us when his current deal ends. I don't think that's the best offer Columbus receives though, because I'd bet another team will trade a top prospect for him.
I don't see it. I wouldn't even consider trading Fiala for that package. I don't think that Cbus will require a top 6 center as part of the return, but I think they would hold out for the main piece to be a Rossi/Boldy level asset. Somebody will offer it. A team like the Rangers would be crazy not to offer something around Kaako

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't see it. I wouldn't even consider trading Fiala for that package. I don't think that Cbus will require a top 6 center as part of the return, but I think they would hold out for the main piece to be a Rossi/Boldy level asset. Somebody will offer it. A team like the Rangers would be crazy not to offer something around Kaako

But can the Rangers afford that? They've already got a lot of RFAs to pay in the next few years as is.

I totally agree my proposal is crap value in a vacuum. Like I kinda said, it would be banking on the idea that they'd enter somewhat of a rebuild after trading him, because they don't have any other premier pieces.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
But can the Rangers afford that? They've already got a lot of RFAs to pay in the next few years as is.

I totally agree my proposal is crap value in a vacuum. Like I kinda said, it would be banking on the idea that they'd enter somewhat of a rebuild after trading him, because they don't have any other premier pieces.
I think they would be able to make it work fairly easily. The Rangers were just the first example that came to mind though. Gotta believe that the Habs would offer something around kotkaniemi, Jets and Laine, Flames and Monahan, Kings have enough prospects to turn one of Turcotte/Byfield into more of a sure thing

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I’d be ok with Boldy for PLD package but idk about Rossi. If we give up Rossi, I almost want Barkov or Eichel coming back. Rossi just seems like he’d be a perfect 2C.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im not pretending to know whats fair. since CBJ doesn't need D try & trade dumba to WPG for their 21 - 1st. package 3 - 1sts plus JEE ; beckman or greenway; mennell.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I’m torn on this because I love PLD and think he’s gonna thrive once he gets out of Columbus. But the thing is I’m not a fan of having to pay PLD, Fiala, and KK all within the next two years especially if we are sacrificing an ELC with Boldy and/or Rossi. Things line up very well contractually if neither Rossi or Boldy burns their ELC this year. I don’t want us to make a mistake by rushing this retool.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I’d be ok with Boldy for PLD package but idk about Rossi. If we give up Rossi, I almost want Barkov or Eichel coming back. Rossi just seems like he’d be a perfect 2C.
I think at this point you have to look at Boldy and think he's the more valuable asset over Rossi.

I would much rather have Dubois
Yea it's not really all that close for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think at this point you have to look at Boldy and think he's the more valuable asset over Rossi.

I don't think a short tournament where one was on a great team while the other was on a team basically by themselves changes their status as prospects or value.

At this point in Boldy's D+1 year he had 3 points in 15 games at BU.... Not to mention positional importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad