Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don’t tell Pierre Dorion...

Sens fan. Was lurking to see what the whispers were irt Stepan.

Seeing as his parents are in Minnesota it makes logistical sense. Foligno for Stepan (50% retained) seems reasonable.
Foligno is actually a good, useful player, and makes us a hard team to play against. I don't see him being traded for a player who's production seems to have fallen off a cliff such as Stepan. Don't mean to be rude, but we've already got an overpaid homeboy C in Bjugstad.
Think more along the lines of Victor Rask for Stepan. I would like to see Marcus Johannson for Stepan with a bit of retention on your end, but I don't know if Guerin will go for it.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Foligno is actually a good, useful player, and makes us a hard team to play against. I don't see him being traded for a player who's production seems to have fallen off a cliff such as Stepan. Don't mean to be rude, but we've already got an overpaid homeboy C in Bjugstad.
Think more along the lines of Victor Rask for Stepan. I would like to see Marcus Johannson for Stepan with a bit of retention on your end, but I don't know if Guerin will go for it.
No he doesn't.

I would be ok with Foligno for Stepan as long as the Sens took Rask as well.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
gusev is struggling on the devils, anyone think swapping gusev for rask plus NJ retains 2 million? perfect fit for hemi aka kaprizov.
New Jersey trades a guy that had 44 points last year for a guy that had 13? And they eat $2m for the chance to do so? f***ing Brilliant. Why would you want a $4M Gusev when you could turn him into a $6M rask? :facepalm:

P10p

May 15, 2012
gusev is struggling on the devils, anyone think swapping gusev for rask plus NJ retains 2 million? perfect fit for hemi aka kaprizov.

In what universe would NJ retain on Gusev to aquire Rask.... :help:

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Edmonton once again looks like they are shopping for defensive help. With soucy not looking out of place in the second pairing, how would you guys feel about sending him to edmonton?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Edmonton once again looks like they are shopping for defensive help. With soucy not looking out of place in the second pairing, how would you guys feel about sending him to edmonton?
He’s looked bad at times on the bottom pairing. Idk what we’d even get for him.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It would have to be a 1st rounder or better for it to make any sense

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
EDM has nothing to give, realistically. They have a bunch of mediocre to bad contracts, a few prospects(none of them C's)that they would be unlikely to move, and no useful forwards they would be willing to move.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
New Jersey trades a guy that had 44 points last year for a guy that had 13? And they eat $2m for the chance to do so? f***ing Brilliant. Why would you want a $4M Gusev when you could turn him into a $6M rask? :facepalm:
rask has 3 goals , is 6'2" and can skate. gusev has 1 apple and maybe just maybe NJ wants a wake up trade. see how simple that was????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
rask has 3 goals , is 6'2" and can skate. gusev has 1 apple and maybe just maybe NJ wants a wake up trade. see how simple that was????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
What does being 6’2 have to do with anything in regards to trade value?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
hello, NJ has drafted several over 6' players that can skate example miles wood; mike mcleod see the pattern?
6'2" says virtually nothing about the value Rask carries as a player though. He's rather soft for his size, so it doesn't add anything at all.

It's what he does on the ice that creates his value... and Rask isn't carrying much value at all. 3 goals in a small sample size doesn't change what has been done over the past few years of play.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Theres some interest in Suter on the trade boards from edmonton. I doubt suter would waive, but realistically if he did what would you guys want back?

selfishly i want drai and am willing to add to get it.

realistically, i wouldnt mind rnh and prospects or picks

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Broberg+

If we're trading Suter, there's no point in taking a pending UFA back. We need to focus on building around the 18-24 age group that we have in the system. We're also bare at LD, and Edmonton doesn't have any decent center prospects anyway, so Broberg+ is the deal.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Broberg+

If we're trading Suter, there's no point in taking a pending UFA back. We need to focus on building around the 18-24 age group that we have in the system. We're also bare at LD, and Edmonton doesn't have any decent center prospects anyway, so Broberg+ is the deal.

The deal offered was with RNH extended + picks/prospects, Brodin moves to top pair, soucy to 3, addison moves up, Team goes 7-3 protects Dumba. RNH plays 1c. Solves alot of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad