Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Does anyone else think that Hartman has more value at the TDL than Johansson? It's not that Hartman is so awesome, but he's tough, fast, and knows how to play his role. Made for playoff hockey, IMO. Johansson just looks lost out there, and somewhat fragile. I am not seeing any of this speed we were told we were getting, and his puck skills are pretty well non existent.

I'd roll with a 4th line of Foligno, Hartman, and Sturm, anyday. Big, fast, tough, excellent defensively, and with the ability to pop the puck in the net once in a while. I sure wish that they would write Sturm in at C where he belongs rather than farting around playing Bjugstad, Johansson and Rask there. We know those guys aren't any damn good, while Sturm looks like he might be a decent, cheap, bottom sixer.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ve been very disappointed by Johansson and Nick “Staal at Even Strength” Bonino. Hopefully Guerin was just trying to get his hands on whoever he could in those trades and it’s not a testament to his player evaluation skills.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I’ve been very disappointed by Johansson and Nick “Staal at Even Strength” Bonino. Hopefully Guerin was just trying to get his hands on whoever he could in those trades and it’s not a testament to his player evaluation skills.
We all knew this team would play exactly like we thought they would. They’re just stopgaps.

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We don't have enough good futures to trade futures for Eichel and not just be in the same situation Buffalo is in now.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
If we have Eichel, then we figure out the rest later. JEE would be ok as a 2C, for now.
A top 6 that includes Fiala, Kap, Eichel, Boldy, JEE, Greenway/Beckman is a nice starting point, compared to what we have now.

I do think that we overvalue Rossi, because all our hopes are built on him being a top C. Other teams will se him as a good prospect, nothing more. BUFF drafted Quinn ahead of him, so that tells you what they think of him.

id argue thats why you dont include him at all. Give them one of our other C prospects instead.

Does anyone else think that Hartman has more value at the TDL than Johansson? It's not that Hartman is so awesome, but he's tough, fast, and knows how to play his role. Made for playoff hockey, IMO. Johansson just looks lost out there, and somewhat fragile. I am not seeing any of this speed we were told we were getting, and his puck skills are pretty well non existent.

I'd roll with a 4th line of Foligno, Hartman, and Sturm, anyday. Big, fast, tough, excellent defensively, and with the ability to pop the puck in the net once in a while. I sure wish that they would write Sturm in at C where he belongs rather than farting around playing Bjugstad, Johansson and Rask there. We know those guys aren't any damn good, while Sturm looks like he might be a decent, cheap, bottom sixer.

i honestly think hartman should be up higher in the lineup with the way hes been playing this year. would rather have him on the 2nd line than most players currently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
i honestly think hartman should be up higher in the lineup with the way hes been playing this year. would rather have him on the 2nd line than most players currently.

Greenway, Zucc, Fiala, and Kaprizov should be the only wingers in the Top 6. Hartman makes sense on the 3rd line RW though with Parise/Foligno.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Personally I feel this team isn't too far away if a boldy and Rossi can come in here and play some quality minutes.

Trade Dumba for quality futures and let Menell, Addison, Belpeido fight for the 2 spots.

Buyout Zucarello

7 3 1 on the expansion. Extend one of Johansson or Bjugstad 1 year with the knowledge they will be up for grabs. Also extend Cole for depth cause we are likely losing Soucy.

Fiala, Ek, Foligno, Sturm, Greenway, Parise, Hartman, Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, KK.

Exposed: Rask, Johansson/Bjugstad, Soucy, Stalock, Talbot.

In free agency only player we should be eyeing for a decent but not crazy contract is Palmeri. Now build the lines to the cores strengths amongst 4 lines for 21/22.

Kaprizov Ek Fiala
Greenway Rossi Palmeri
Foligno Johansson Boldy
Parise Sturm Hartman
Rask

Brodin Spurgeon
Suter Menell
Cole Addison
Belpeido

Talbot
KK

On paper I think that team is pretty big and fast with some quality upside skill. Maybe potential to be one of the toughest forward cores.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Personally I feel this team isn't too far away if a boldy and Rossi can come in here and play some quality minutes.

Trade Dumba for quality futures and let Menell, Addison, Belpeido fight for the 2 spots.

Buyout Zucarello

7 3 1 on the expansion. Extend one of Johansson or Bjugstad 1 year with the knowledge they will be up for grabs. Also extend Cole for depth cause we are likely losing Soucy.

Fiala, Ek, Foligno, Sturm, Greenway, Parise, Hartman, Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, KK.

In free agency only player we should be eyeing for a decent but not crazy contract is Palmeri. Now build the lines to the cores strengths amongst 4 lines for 21/22.

Kaprizov Ek Fiala
Greenway Rossi Palmeri
Foligno Johansson Boldy
Parise Sturm Hartman
Rask

Brodin Spurgeon
Suter Menell
Cole Addison
Belpeido

Talbot
KK

On paper I think that team is pretty big and fast with some quality upside skill. Maybe potential to be one of the toughest forward cores.

Why on earth would you go after Palmieri. On the list of things that make zero sense: that and keeping Johansson to play center.

Reactions: GuerinUp

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

Buyout Zucarello

Kaprizov Ek Fiala
Greenway Rossi Palmeri
Foligno Johansson Boldy
Parise Sturm Hartman
Rask

Brodin Spurgeon
Suter Menell
Cole Addison
Belpeido

Talbot
KK

why resign hartman, hes going to get alot of money? Just let rask take his spot and put a league minimum fwd as the extra skater. also pass on johansson

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Why on earth would you go after Palmieri. On the list of things that make zero sense: that and keeping Johansson to play center.
Cause I feel we could use another shooting righty who will work in the dirty areas. Johansson is just really the best I think we shall find to fill the role without over paying someone or throwing a rookie who's not ready.

And it's not like palmeri is dead. Hes 30. Plenty of juice left in the tank for a few more quality years. 30 goals? Likely not but 15~20 while having a physical impact on his line? Why not?

why resign hartman, hes going to get alot of money? Just let rask take his spot and put a league minimum fwd as the extra skater. also pass on johansson
He might be able to ask for a few 100ks more but I doubt he can get more than that. I'm perfectly fine with that as I think he's a quality personality to have in the room and can step up when needed. Never really have anything bad to say about his game. Team first guy which is what you want to build a winning culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Cause I feel we could use another shooting righty who will work in the dirty areas. Johansson is just really the best I think we shall find to fill the role without over paying someone or throwing a rookie who's not ready.

And it's not like palmeri is dead. Hes 30. Plenty of juice left in the tank for a few more quality years. 30 goals? Likely not but 15~20 while having a physical impact on his line? Why not?

So you're going to buy Zuccarello out, which means dead cap of 100k, 3.1M, 4.6M, and then three years of 1.6M. Then you're going to sign Palmieri at (probably) something around 5x6M. There's just no point. It's not worth it.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
So you're going to buy Zuccarello out, which means dead cap of 100k, 3.1M, 4.6M, and then three years of 1.6M. Then you're going to sign Palmieri at (probably) something around 5x6M. There's just no point. It's not worth it.

I'm all but positive this is the best year to buy him out but correct me if I'm wrong. I'm basing this off using that money to extend kap, Fiala, ek etc..

I certainly wouldn't be ok with a 6 year deal or any NMCs. 5x4? I don't think it's terrible imo. We'd have money to wiggle for it with Rossi and Boldys and other elcs over majority of the contract.

Again from my post earlier in the tank thread, this is just trying to stay realistic here which is we likely won't make any major trade or what have you so you build the best team you can around your 2 cusp of star level wings in kap and Fiala by building a 4 line big and tough squad. We won't score 5 goals a game but those 2 can win the close ones and our constant rolling of lines will chip in.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Is there such thing as mutual termination of contract in the NHL? Could the Wild do that with Parise to avoid cap recapture?

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Is there such thing as mutual termination of contract in the NHL? Could the Wild do that with Parise to avoid cap recapture?
If I was an owner I'd be furious if allowed cause I'm sure I'd have someone I'd like to mutually terminate. I'm sure there are players too? Just opens a whole can of worms imo.

Only situation I can understand and accept is the Kovalchuk or voynov situations.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yes, NHL teams and players can mutually agree to terminate a contract. No, the NHL would not let the Wild off of the cap recapture hook if Parise agreed to end his deal.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market

That's why it's important to hold onto Suter/Parise. Just buy them out anytime they want to retire.

I don't believe SPCs leave room for mutual termination, judging by what's in the CBA.

Last edited:

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Hartman is the sort of player good teams have on their fourth line, Rask is a useless plug. Their numbers may not be that far apart but the qualitative difference is huge. Hartman contributes speed, grit and tenacity. He helps the fourth line keep the puck in the offensive zone, even if they aren't scoring. Rask is just a passenger, his numbers come from being on lines with better linemates.

If it isn't too expensive I would prefer if Hartman was resigned.

Reactions: 57special

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Guerin should be pursuing Eichel hard.

Start with Dumba, 1st, Rossi/Boldy and Bonino (to even salary).

No way - those mega deals always benefit the seller. If you can get a Kaprizov with a 5th rounder, or a Rossi or Boldy without a premium pick, keep plying those waters.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No way - those mega deals always benefit the seller. If you can get a Kaprizov with a 5th rounder, or a Rossi or Boldy without a premium pick, keep plying those waters.
Not really. Many say whoever gets the best player wins, but i think it's impossible to generalize. In the Gretzky trade, LA won. Same with STL and the ROR trade.

IMO, for this team, we need a no doubt, #1C. That is Eichel. It is much easier to fill in the talent after that. A 2C is easier to get, as are top 6 wings.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
The talent Eichel has is exactly what we want why would we pass up this opportunity for possible hits on draft day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->