Trade, FA & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Teams looking for futures don’t generally trade #6 overall picks that were still teenagers a month ago..

Oh, I agree with you there and the chances of actually getting a young defender this way is slim, but something needs to be done cause what Chevy is doing ain’t working. It would take a big overpay that would hurt, like really hurt.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
May as well keep him then. I’d think more teams would be in on him at that price.

I don't think so. A team isn't going to gut their team for him and he doesn't seem to want to play in Buffalo anymore. They may just have to take what they can get. I think really only the Kings and Ducks might be the only other options.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don't think so. A team isn't going to gut their team for him and he doesn't seem to want to play in Buffalo anymore. They may just have to take what they can get. I think really only the Kings and Ducks might be the only other options.
I agree Eichel has played his last game in Buffalo; I just feel that even without teams gutting themselves for him that Buffalo could get a better return than that.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
NYR seems to be the consensus front runner according to the usual group of hockey :help:. They have a lot of young assets and the cap room, and playing in New York is a big draw. All-star American playing in the big apple? Makes lots of sense.
That, and they have Jacob Trouba locked up long term:laugh:

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Oh, I agree with you there and the chances of actually getting a young defender this way is slim, but something needs to be done cause what Chevy is doing ain’t working. It would take a big overpay that would hurt, like really hurt.
How about Andrew Copp (at an agreeable both parties signing), Josh Morrissey and Tucker Poolman throw in and a 2022 1st , for: Seider-Ld Dennis Cholowski- and winger Giovani Smith?:huh::thumbu:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Eichel could be an interesting case. He's an elite 1c locked up and quite possibly available. That's rare, so most teams in the NHL will be interested.

Where it gets spicy is that his injury, contract, and cost to acquire could be a scary combination. He'll cost a lot to acquire that's a given. But it sounds like the surgery he was looking into for his neck injury is one that no hockey player has ever had. So as an acquiring team, you'll be sending a considerable amount of assets to acquire, and he'll be using 10M of your cap. You'd better be 110% sure of what you are getting or you are going to cripple your team if he's not the same going forward.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Eichel could be an interesting case. He's an elite 1c locked up and quite possibly available. That's rare, so most teams in the NHL will be interested.

Where it gets spicy is that his injury, contract, and cost to acquire could be a scary combination. He'll cost a lot to acquire that's a given. But it sounds like the surgery he was looking into for his neck injury is one that no hockey player has ever had. So as an acquiring team, you'll be sending a considerable amount of assets to acquire, and he'll be using 10M of your cap. You'd better be 110% sure of what you are getting or you are going to cripple your team if he's not the same going forward.
I think one of the California teams (LA or ANA) will take a swing for the fences to acquire Eichel. Buffalo would rather not keep him in the East, I would think, especially the NYR (within-state rivals).

Interestingly, I think the Jets are one of the few teams that have the combination of assets and cap situations to make a run for Eichel, but I think the risk is too high for the Jets. They'll continue to build around Scheifele / PLD, with Connor, Ehlers, Perfetti.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

I’m curious if the surgery is in fact something he wants or if it’s really just a prop to force Buffalos hand in moving him... he seems to want out of there quite badly

Reactions: WolfHouse

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Gallant possibly to the Rangers

Barrie wants to test the market.

Nolan Patrick trade?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
For the sake of argument, let's assume Beefalo are okay with the deal. Would you say yes or no?

Ehlers, PLD, 1st in 2021 and a 3rd in 2022...
for
A re-signed Rhino (5 x 6.75m) and Eichel.

KC Scheif Rhino
Pefetti Eichel Wheeler
Stastny Lowry Apples
KV Harkins Gus

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Kid is unreal talented he was the #2 pick in his draft year. Yes being back at home might increase his chances of reaching his potential. His father was an nhl player his uncle was a great nhl player who also lives here and coaches the ice is here. Maybe his doctors etc. Still would have interest if he wasn’t from here but more that he is.
N. Patrick was mentioned on TSN’s Insider Trading today. They said that he’s looking for a fresh start. He just hired a new agent - third one in 3 years. Flyers want to keep him because of his key number: 52 (no. of games played). They want to see him come to camp healthy and see what he can do.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
When buffalo trades eichel. Everyone will be saying "that's all it took?"

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Nolan Patrick might be a cool pickup, but where would we put him? We have our top 3 centers written in stone, and NP doesn't want 4th line minutes. At best, he gets 3rd line winger minutes, so he's basically a Mason Appleton or Andrew Copp Lite at this point. I'm sure we could rehab him and get him to develop some, but I don't think he'd be happy about it, even if he's a MB boy.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
For the sake of argument, let's assume Beefalo are okay with the deal. Would you say yes or no?

Ehlers, PLD, 1st in 2021 and a 3rd in 2022...
for
A re-signed Rhino (5 x 6.75m) and Eichel.

KC Scheif Rhino
Pefetti Eichel Wheeler
Stastny Lowry Apples
KV Harkins Gus
That’s a no for me dawg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad