Trade, FA & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Nolan Patrick might be a cool pickup, but where would we put him? We have our top 3 centers written in stone, and NP doesn't want 4th line minutes. At best, he gets 3rd line winger minutes, so he's basically a Mason Appleton or Andrew Copp Lite at this point. I'm sure we could rehab him and get him to develop some, but I don't think he'd be happy about it, even if he's a MB boy.
I was just reading the main boards about this. There's a few reasons I think we might be interested, but he's an XD problem right now and I agree he would be a third line winger here.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
For the sake of argument, let's assume Beefalo are okay with the deal. Would you say yes or no?

Ehlers, PLD, 1st in 2021 and a 3rd in 2022...
for
A re-signed Rhino (5 x 6.75m) and Eichel.

KC Scheif Rhino
Pefetti Eichel Wheeler
Stastny Lowry Apples
KV Harkins Gus

Value wise that's probably not bad for us, but I really have no desire to trade Ehlers. Also, if we're open to trading a 1st plus, we could also use those pieces and the extra cap space (compared to adding Eichel + Reinhart) to possibly add a top 4 D.

Eichel + Reinhart
Ehlers + PLD + Top 4 D

I'm looking at option #2.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Nolan Patrick might be a cool pickup, but where would we put him? We have our top 3 centers written in stone, and NP doesn't want 4th line minutes. At best, he gets 3rd line winger minutes, so he's basically a Mason Appleton or Andrew Copp Lite at this point. I'm sure we could rehab him and get him to develop some, but I don't think he'd be happy about it, even if he's a MB boy.
Would be a replacement for Apples if we lose him to Seattle

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
For the sake of argument, let's assume Beefalo are okay with the deal. Would you say yes or no?

Ehlers, PLD, 1st in 2021 and a 3rd in 2022...
for
A re-signed Rhino (5 x 6.75m) and Eichel.

KC Scheif Rhino
Pefetti Eichel Wheeler
Stastny Lowry Apples
KV Harkins Gus

Value wise that's probably not bad for us, but I really have no desire to trade Ehlers. Also, if we're open to trading a 1st plus, we could also use those pieces and the extra cap space (compared to adding Eichel + Reinhart) to possibly add a top 4 D.

Eichel + Reinhart
Ehlers + PLD + Top 4 D

Personally, I’d keep PLD and move Scheif and I’m not moving Ehlers for anybody.
This makes us worse.
I’d love to see Ehlers and Reinhart play on the same line though…maybe put PLD between them

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

Eichel + Reinhart
Ehlers + PLD + Top 4 D

Ehlers-PLD looks like a better line right now than Eichel-Reinhart and that's before the top 4D and the cap space.

Those two lines are scoring at the same rate 5v5 but 27-13 is conceding waaayyyyy less than the Buffalo tandem.

People may be a bit down on PLD right now, but I think that duo will be analytics and production darlings for the next 3-4 years.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Ehlers-PLD looks like a better line right now than Eichel-Reinhart and that's before the top 4D and the cap space.

Those two lines are scoring at the same rate 5v5 but 27-13 is conceding waaayyyyy less than the Buffalo tandem.

People may be a bit down on PLD right now, but I think that duo will be analytics and production darlings for the next 3-4 years.

Big time agree! I think you staple PLD and Ehlers together and let them run wild. Then Wheeler and Scheifele can stay together and everyone’s happy.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I'm expecting big things from a PLD-Ehlers combination. Partner with Stastny or Copp and you have a really good line.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Imagine a line of Ehlers-PLD-Reinhart
…DAMN

Reactions: 10Ducky10

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Imagine a line of Ehlers-PLD-Reinhart
…DAMN
Rhino has one year until he is an UFA...his next long term contract will likely be similar to KC's but I don't think it is going to be with Beefalo. I don't think it will be here either.
He's going to sign somewhere he believes he has a chance to make the playoffs.
The Sabres haven't played in the post season since the 10-11 season and haven't won a series since the 06-07 season!
Same reason Risto and Eichel want to be moved.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Rhino has one year until he is an UFA...his next long term contract will likely be similar to KC's but I don't think it is going to be with Beefalo. I don't think it will be here either.
He's going to sign somewhere he believes he has a chance to make the playoffs.
The Sabres haven't played in the post season since the 10-11 season and haven't won a series since the 06-07 season!
Same reason Risto and Eichel want to be moved.
I agree, but he’d be a really good addition on our RW.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Offseason via FA, trade or internally Jets still need to upgrade our top 4 D core. It’s still subpar and we give up way too many quality chances

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Would be a replacement for Apples if we lose him to Seattle

I don't think he would be. Appleton is a defensive player, very strong on the PK. Patrick is a PP option, and we'll have plenty of those. I don't want to give up Appleton, I'd be trying to protect both him and Copp, and De Melo, by giving up a 2nd, Harkins, and even Berdin.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

Eichel + Reinhart
Ehlers + PLD + Top 4 D

Yeah the value definitely favours Buffalo there (Eichel really underrated these days) but I don't want to trade Ehlers

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Any interest in Ethan Bear? I think he's getting more flak than he deserves and if Edmonton wants to run him out of town maybe he'd be available.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Any interest in Ethan Bear? I think he's getting more flak than he deserves and if Edmonton wants to run him out of town maybe he'd be available.
I think the Jets would find a way to get good performance from Bear. He'd be an upgrade on Poolman, I think.

Reactions: jetsforever

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
I think the Jets would find a way to get good performance from Bear. He'd be an upgrade on Poolman, I think.
I really like the Poolman-Stanley pairing right now. I would love to see them be able to continue to develop together. As far as I am concerned, we should try to solve our defense situation in-house (Heinola and Samberg). I feel like we are developing very well right now and bringing in our own helps us to maintain our salary structure.

Reactions: trebendan

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I really like the Poolman-Stanley pairing right now. I would love to see them be able to continue to develop together. As far as I am concerned, we should try to solve our defense situation in-house (Heinola and Samberg). I feel like we are developing very well right now and bringing in our own helps us to maintain our salary structure.

Sure but just because we beat Edmonton doesn't mean our defence wasn't disastrous this year, and we can use all the help we can get

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Howden in New York, Patrick in Philadelphia, Geekie and Matheos in Carolina all players jets management should consider picking up on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad