Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
ristora94.png

lol

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I would be okay with Rhino if he re-signed long term but if he didn't I wouldn't trade for him.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
First off... Detroit is abbreviated DET, not DRW... it’s a small thing but an important one... there are already preset agreed upon abbreviations, so no need for everyone to make up their own.
Secondly... Seider went 6OA in 2019 and Perfetti went 10OA last year...I don’t think the difference between them is Stanley + a 1st.
Last... I honestly see zero reason for DET to trade Seider.

Someone tell Elliotte Friedman.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
In practical terms, yes. There are a very few. Not that their teams wouldn't trade them for the right price, but that no one would either have, or be willing to pay that price.

McDavid is obviously the first one to come to mind. Eichel would be another one, but he is probably going to be traded this off-season. Matthews is another that you just can't imagine the Leafs trading. But what about in another couple of years if he refuses to extend with them? Cale Makar is still only 22 and he scored over a ppg this year. It would be pretty tough to get him. There must be a few more, but not all that many.

I often say that anyone can be traded for a price and I believe that. But not without exception. :laugh: In practical terms, almost anyone can be traded. That is, if a team needs to fill a position, as the Jets do, they can do it by trade if they are willing to pay. They are not limited to the short list of players who are being shopped. They are limited by the price.

The difficulty is greater for established players. That's why I have been looking at Moritz Seider. An already well developed prospect, but not yet established in the NHL. I expect that DRW have big plans for him, so it would require something of an overpay to spring him loose.

We have the assets to offer that - we just have to be willing to part with them. We have Perfetti, a prospect on a similar level playing at a similarly important and hard to fill position. Detroit has a need at every position so position shouldn't make much difference. DRW aren't looking to make the deal so they need to be given more than an even up deal to get them to move. They were planning on adding a big, physical Dman, so I also give them Stanley. To give it the final push to get it done, I give them our 1st. IMO it is now a clear overpay, an offer they can't refuse. Worth it to us because we can afford it and because it fills our big hole at RD.

People here have already fallen in love with Perfetti, and for good reason. But you have to give to get and we need that 1RD a lot more than we need another top 6 F and a lefty at that.

Edit: To circle back to the original point, Seider is one who people say is not available. I think he becomes available for that offer.
I disagree that Seider would be available at that price. He’s a blue-chip defensive prospect, arguably a top 10 prospect in the world at this point. Detroit needs help everywhere so it doesn’t really make sense for them to trade Seider already. He’s a big part of their future.

Reactions: jgimp

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The difficulty is greater for established players. That's why I have been looking at Moritz Seider. An already well developed prospect, but not yet established in the NHL. I expect that DRW have big plans for him, so it would require something of an overpay to spring him loose.

We have the assets to offer that - we just have to be willing to part with them. We have Perfetti, a prospect on a similar level playing at a similarly important and hard to fill position. Detroit has a need at every position so position shouldn't make much difference. DRW aren't looking to make the deal so they need to be given more than an even up deal to get them to move. They were planning on adding a big, physical Dman, so I also give them Stanley. To give it the final push to get it done, I give them our 1st. IMO it is now a clear overpay, an offer they can't refuse. Worth it to us because we can afford it and because it fills our big hole at RD.

People here have already fallen in love with Perfetti, and for good reason. But you have to give to get and we need that 1RD a lot more than we need another top 6 F and a lefty at that.

Edit: To circle back to the original point, Seider is one who people say is not available. I think he becomes available for that offer.

I don't think Seider is traded for that. He's a top end defensive prospect which is the hardest thing to find in the NHL. Perfetti is listed as a C but he's just as likely to play wing for a bit as well.

I think they definitely refuse that. I think you have to start with an impact young roster player who's played for a couple of years in the NHL.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
First off... Detroit is abbreviated DET, not DRW... it’s a small thing but an important one... there are already preset agreed upon abbreviations, so no need for everyone to make up their own.
Secondly... Seider went 6OA in 2019 and Perfetti went 10OA last year...I don’t think the difference between them is Stanley + a 1st.
Last... I honestly see zero reason for DET to trade Seider.

Preset and agreed upon by who? Detroit may be abbreviated Det. Detroit Red wings are abbreviated DRW - by me at least. Toronto is TO, but you know full well who TML is.

I agree the difference between them is not Stanley + 1st. More and more, it looks like DRW should have taken Perfetti 4th. But you can't make such simplistic comparisons between draft positions in different years. 2020 may turn out to be a stronger draft class than 2019, or vice versa.

I also agree that DRW has no reason to trade Seider - that's what Stanley and the 1st are for. Incentive.

Don't tell Det, but I would go further if necessary.

The one thing that might convince me not to do this is our invisible offense recently. Maybe we need Perfetti more than I had thought. But I'm not ready to believe that our top 6 is really as bad as it has looked in a small sample.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I disagree that Seider would be available at that price. He’s a blue-chip defensive prospect, arguably a top 10 prospect in the world at this point. Detroit needs help everywhere so it doesn’t really make sense for them to trade Seider already. He’s a big part of their future.

You are making my point. Det needs help everywhere, so Perfetti is very valuable to them. He would be just as big a part of their future as Seider is, or very close. Then there are the other pieces. I would still add to that if necessary. This is something we need to do. I don't like many alternatives.

There may be 1 or 2 other possibilities if we were willing to take the same 'do whatever it takes' attitude. If we are unwilling to pay enough to get it done, we will spend the next few years in the mushy middle and then start a rebuild. Half measures get half results.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
You are making my point. Det needs help everywhere, so Perfetti is very valuable to them. He would be just as big a part of their future as Seider is, or very close. Then there are the other pieces. I would still add to that if necessary. This is something we need to do. I don't like many alternatives.

There may be 1 or 2 other possibilities if we were willing to take the same 'do whatever it takes' attitude. If we are unwilling to pay enough to get it done, we will spend the next few years in the mushy middle and then start a rebuild. Half measures get half results.
Yes - they need everything. So why move laterally (at best) from Seider to Perfetti?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think Seider is traded for that. He's a top end defensive prospect which is the hardest thing to find in the NHL. Perfetti is listed as a C but he's just as likely to play wing for a bit as well.

I think they definitely refuse that. I think you have to start with an impact young roster player who's played for a couple of years in the NHL.

You could be right. I can't say for certain. I think Perfetti has shown in the AHL this year that he is a C. That boosts his value to near that of Seider, IMO. Wings may disagree.

I think they would be nuts to turn that down. But that is only my opinion. :laugh:

I would be willing to add to that offer, if necessary. I would add Copp. I would add more picks. I would not add a PLD, Ehlers or Connor. PLD or Connor in would mean Perfetti out. Ehlers in would change everything, but he is not likely to be a fit with their timeline anyway.

I'm thinking that Detroit being early in a rebuild makes them a perfect partner for a futures heavy offer from us. It is the reason I look to them in the first place. I don't want to dismantle our current roster. I want to finish building it. My offer is built on young players who would play for them next year, or the one after at the latest, plus pick(s).

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
why is detroit trading seider? has there been any speculation or rumors?

they're enamored with the kid. find it v v unlikely

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yes - they need everything. So why move laterally (at best) from Seider to Perfetti?

Easy. Really. To also get Stanley + 1st. If that isn't enough incentive, I would add more. It is no longer a lateral move for them. If they would prefer Samberg over Stanley, I do that. I'd do more if necessary.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The Atheltic went to each team's reporter to determine the level of interest and fit for Eichel and Murat had the Jets pretty firmly in the not gonna happen category.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
The Atheltic went to each team's reporter to determine the level of interest and fit for Eichel and Murat had the Jets pretty firmly in the not gonna happen category.

I can’t see him being a legit target via trade for us......as fun as it is to discuss.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I miss the EF Abbreviation generator :( Even he got in on the fun with it haha
There was a Twitter account a while back called “Elliott Friedman translator” that would just go and “fix” all of his abbreviations on every Tweet. Was worth a good chuckle haha

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Easy. Really. To also get Stanley + 1st. If that isn't enough incentive, I would add more. It is no longer a lateral move for them. If they would prefer Samberg over Stanley, I do that. I'd do more if necessary.
I don’t think that tickles Detroit’s fancy whatsoever, but maybe that’s just me.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don’t think that tickles Detroit’s fancy whatsoever, but maybe that’s just me.

I said I would add more. If that still isn't enough to tickle their fancy it is like you are saying that there is no limit to their refusal to trade Seider. I'm sure that is not what you mean, but it begins to look that way.

I am offering them a near equal prospect at a position of near equal need, plus a former 1st rd pick who has shown himself to be NHL ready and who has some outstanding attributes, including playing another valuable position, plus another 1st rd pick, plus some other piece(s) to be negotiated.

I fail to see how that can be an easy 'no' from them. That is a helluva lot! And open to more. Who was the last player traded for a price like that? That is a lot more than Dougie Hamilton brought after his D+4 season which was his 4th NHL season. A season in which he scored 42 points in 72 games.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not saying I’d want to do it... just playing along
Scheifele + Copp + Samberg + 1st for Eichel + Ristolainen

Ouch! You added to our package and subtracted from theirs.

OK, OK, I exaggerate. Risto is not a subtraction, but no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad