Trade, FA & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You mean 40+ points in each season but last year and this one?
I’m not saying he’s exactly what we need, but if we can get a package deal for Risto and Eichel, then why the hell not... would be better D then what we’ve got now.
Plus it’s only for 1 season, as he’s UFA next July.
If he plays great and looks like a fit... extend him
If he plays ok but not a fit... trade him at the TDL
If he sucks... let him walk his ass to the KHL next summer

Risto is PP driven scoring and bad defensively. You added to the Eichel price to get him. No thanks.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah....I could get behind that... depending on the price.
Here’s my only problem with getting an RW... we know PoMo isn’t going to pull Wheeler out of the top 6, so that means Ehlers goes back to LW... but with how Ehlers has been playing since being shifted to the RW, do we really want to mess with that by moving him back... I’m honestly thinking a top 6 LW might be a better option.
Honestly, PoMo’s limited ability to properly utilize our players really ties our hands

Maurice is going to be forced to move Wheeler down before too long. He won't like it, but he will do it. He will do it sooner if we have a top 6 RW to replace him.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Detroit isn't trading Seider.

Why are ppl still talking about him.

People aren't. I am.

And Detroit absolutely IS trading Seider - for the right offer. He is not the McDavid of Dmen.

Argue with the price I propose paying. Say it is not enough. And you have a valid argument. So add to the price. Don't say there is no price that would get it done.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
why is detroit trading seider? has there been any speculation or rumors?

they're enamored with the kid. find it v v unlikely

Why do people here insist that there must be rumours that a player is being moved before trade proposals can be made? Are we shopping Perfetti? Of course not. We are equally enamored of him, are we not?

Why would Detroit consider trading Seider? Because we need that Dman badly enough to make them a helluvan offer. That's why.

This is so simple, and so obvious to me I am really mystified by the resistance here.

Reactions: jgimp

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Seider might be great but don't think he's a guy worth going after. I mean despite the fact that he's a red wing and won't be moved.... He's unproven at the NHL level. Jets need a proven top 4 D. Not a hope and a prayer. I love Seider btw... Think he's Hedman like. That's why I don't think Detroit trades him also.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This is so simple, and so obvious to me I am really mystified by the resistance here.

Welcome to HF Boards. Resistance is fertile. :laugh:

pHXPk4m.gif

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If I'm the Wings, I'd trade Seider for Perfetti... their forward depth isn't anything close to their D depth

:laugh: I think it is realistically not that far off. But we still need to add a bit, even in a perfect world.

This world is not that perfect. They are more in a position to take it or leave it than we are, so I propose incentivizing them with an overpay.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I see New York Rangers Or Columbus gutting their roster for Eichel.

I don't think NYR would, but I could certainly be wrong there.
Isn't CBJ already pretty much gutted? I'm sure they would be extremely interested but what do they have to offer? Jones? Werenski? Laine? What would the pluses be? Probably leave Laine out. He doesn't have the value to move that needle right now. Both Jones and Werenski still isn't enough though. Or is it? Close maybe? Then Eichel is in the same position again, maybe worse. another team that hasn't got the horses to win with him.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
:laugh: I think it is realistically not that far off. But we still need to add a bit, even in a perfect world.

This world is not that perfect. They are more in a position to take it or leave it than we are, so I propose incentivizing them with an overpay.

With all the decent defenders locked up or with NMC or NTC’s, I think Seider fits the bill perfectly. He will cost a lot, more than just GoalPerfetti alone, but it’s exactly the kind of move that Chevy needs to make to get us our missing defender locked up long and to prove to ownership that he still believes in this team and wants to lead it. I agree that a heavy futures would fit Detroit well with their rebuild timeline, but obvious we would have to overpay to get them to bite

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
With all the decent defenders locked up or with NMC or NTC’s, I think Seider fits the bill perfectly. He will cost a lot, more than just GoalPerfetti alone, but it’s exactly the kind of move that Chevy needs to make to get us our missing defender locked up long and to prove to ownership that he still believes in this team and wants to lead it. I agree that a heavy futures would fit Detroit well with their rebuild timeline, but obvious we would have to overpay to get them to bite

As long as we stick to mostly futures, we can afford it.

Reactions: jgimp

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Seider might be great but don't think he's a guy worth going after. I mean despite the fact that he's a red wing and won't be moved.... He's unproven at the NHL level. Jets need a proven top 4 D. Not a hope and a prayer. I love Seider btw... Think he's Hedman like. That's why I don't think Detroit trades him also.

That's why we need to overpay.

I think he is NHL ready right now. I could obviously be wrong there. I really don't have a lot to go on. I would rather have someone like him just entering his peak years. But that would be even harder to get and would require giving up a core piece. I don't really want an older player who is past his peak. He would be really good for 2-3 years and then start to fade. And then there is the price to get him.

I'd love to get a Dougie Hamilton for nothing but money/cap space, but I just don't see that happening any time soon.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
That's why we need to overpay.

I think he is NHL ready right now. I could obviously be wrong there. I really don't have a lot to go on. I would rather have someone like him just entering his peak years. But that would be even harder to get and would require giving up a core piece. I don't really want an older player who is past his peak. He would be really good for 2-3 years and then start to fade. And then there is the price to get him.

I'd love to get a Dougie Hamilton for nothing but money/cap space, but I just don't see that happening any time soon.

Dougies, Paraykos and Pulocks are not signing here in free agency. If we were playing like we were in 17/18’ maybe but not with this tire fire we have going on.
Draft and develop our D man or trade for one and we don’t have time to draft and develop one

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I don't think NYR would, but I could certainly be wrong there.
Isn't CBJ already pretty much gutted? I'm sure they would be extremely interested but what do they have to offer? Jones? Werenski? Laine? What would the pluses be? Probably leave Laine out. He doesn't have the value to move that needle right now. Both Jones and Werenski still isn't enough though. Or is it? Close maybe? Then Eichel is in the same position again, maybe worse. another team that hasn't got the horses to win with him.

NYR seems to be the consensus front runner according to the usual group of hockey writers. They have a lot of young assets and the cap room, and playing in New York is a big draw. All-star American playing in the big apple? Makes lots of sense.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
NYR seems to be the consensus front runner according to the usual group of hockey writers. They have a lot of young assets and the cap room, and playing in New York is a big draw. All-star American playing in the big apple? Makes lots of sense.

Yes, it does make sense. I was thinking the cap would be hard for them, but they have a fair bit of space opening up with Smith's contract expiring and the buyouts for Shattenkirk and Lundqvist coming way down. Also looking at them having several C's but if one went back to Buff and another switched to wing, which may have already happened, they suddenly have room.

Then it comes to the package they would offer Buffalo. Who do they give up?

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

Teams looking for futures don’t generally trade #6 overall picks that were still teenagers a month ago..

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yes, it does make sense. I was thinking the cap would be hard for them, but they have a fair bit of space opening up with Smith's contract expiring and the buyouts for Shattenkirk and Lundqvist coming way down. Also looking at them having several C's but if one went back to Buff and another switched to wing, which may have already happened, they suddenly have room.

Then it comes to the package they would offer Buffalo. Who do they give up?

Anyone but Kaako, Laf, or Fox I think when it comes to youth. I'd think this year's 1st, Georgiev, Kravtsov/Buchnevich and maybe Lundkvist. They might go 2 firsts and drop Lundkvist.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Anyone but Kaako, Laf, or Fox I think when it comes to youth. I'd think this year's 1st, Georgiev, Kravtsov/Buchnevich and maybe Lundkvist. They might go 2 firsts and drop Lundkvist.
Buffalo shouldn’t even consider that trade. Then again, it is Buffalo ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad