Trade, FA & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That's a good question Mort. Since being eliminated by the Blues in 2019, it's been a scrap to get to the playoffs. Losing Buff left Chevy with a patchwork repair of a sinkhole, that only Winnipeggers can relate to. Losing Scheif two years in a row hasn't really given us a chance. I mean that is the guy that was matched up against Mc David on two key road wins to start the playoffs.

I don't see the team getting a lot better next year. There's a chance that guys like Perfetti/Heinola/Veslainen can take it to the next level, where they are consistent contributors, but that's far from guaranteed.

I'd hate to lose Copp, but after the last series I'd hate to lose De Melo too.

I know the development angle is important. But if the Jets promote their developing talent, next year's Moose is going to look worse than this year's, in terms of prospects.

It still doesn't matter that Moose look bad. I'd rather have them brimming with talent, but it doesn't make sense to leave talent there that could be in the NHL just so the Moose look better. And it doesn't make sense to spend assets to improve the Moose. Let Heisinger beat the bushes for decent AHL players to fill out the Moose roster.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It still doesn't matter that Moose look bad. I'd rather have them brimming with talent, but it doesn't make sense to leave talent there that could be in the NHL just so the Moose look better. And it doesn't make sense to spend assets to improve the Moose. Let Heisinger beat the bushes for decent AHL players to fill out the Moose roster.

I agree with you. It's hard to make a draft and develop team constantly develop top players. Sooner or later attrition forces the jump of young players. Next year looks like a transition year in that respect. You'll still likely have one of Samberg or Heinola on the roster, Chisholm seems like a good prospect, up front develop what you have. Getting Nathan Smith on the Moose would be a talent boost. But you don't see anything beyond 4th line talent as it stands, and that's going to affect depth. It's nice when you can call upon something successful like the 2015 line. Couple of injuries and you're promoting guys like CJ Suess and Luoto to the team, which if the injuries are higher up the lineup, thin out the talent level quick. That's why we need to keep draft picks, and probably why Chevy wasn't a big mover at the deadline.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
I agree with you. It's hard to make a draft and develop team constantly develop top players. Sooner or later attrition forces the jump of young players. Next year looks like a transition year in that respect. You'll still likely have one of Samberg or Heinola on the roster, Chisholm seems like a good prospect, up front develop what you have. Getting Nathan Smith on the Moose would be a talent boost. But you don't see anything beyond 4th line talent as it stands, and that's going to affect depth. It's nice when you can call upon something successful like the 2015 line. Couple of injuries and you're promoting guys like CJ Suess and Luoto to the team, which if the injuries are higher up the lineup, thin out the talent level quick. That's why we need to keep draft picks, and probably why Chevy wasn't a big mover at the deadline.
Yup, Chevy made some calls......but the other teams were talking 1st rounder + Heinola or Perfetti. Draft and develop teams, don't do this.....

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I don’t know where to put this but its going in

This is like the Monday right raw after wrestle mania. It’s amazing we are all so die hard that amazing new threads are coming up at a huge rate. The debates have substantially increased.

One thing I can say for sure is we really love our hockey team.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don’t know where to put this but its going in

This is like the Monday right raw after wrestle mania. It’s amazing we are all so die hard that amazing new threads are coming up at a huge rate. The debates have substantially increased.

One thing I can say for sure is we really love our hockey team.

Yeah as pissed as I am about the sweep I am still a fan of this team. And I still believe we can be a competative team over the long haul. Early on all I wanted was a Cup but I realize that is not an easy task for anyone in a soon to be 32 team league. All I ask now is that we are a competative team that makes noise every year and can hopefully get ourselves deep into the playoffs year after year and win a cup.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wonder if Copp would return Patrick?

Patrick does not look to be as good as Appleton at 3RW. I would rather let Seattle take Copp and keep Appleton at that spot.

If we had to lose both Copp and Appleton, Patrick might be a reasonable replacement for Appleton as a reclamation project. Not sure but a quick look says he was really bad this year.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Zero chance of a Wheeler buyout this off-season. He's 4th on the team in scoring, 46 pts in 50 games. Those are not numbers that get a player bought out. A year from now it might be a different picture, or two years from now.

I mentioned after Mort posted that earlier, Wheeler at 2.75M retained would/should still get a decent return. If Wheels is a problem in the room (just pure speculation at this point btw) then why not trade him retained at the buyout cost and only pay 3 years at that cost instead of 6?
But I digress, he will never be moved

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad