Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Won’t happen. STANLEY never gave Q quality assistants

I'm sorry, you think it was Stan that selected Q's buddies from the Whalers to stand beside him on the bench and contribute nothing but 'my god Joel, you're a genius'? :laugh:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
on the Sens board in the Dzingel thread, someone offered Ceci and Dzingel for Boqvist - most over there said that was insane as we wouldn't do it, but one guy pretty much thinks Boqvist is crap....but what is interesting is even over there, posters think Chicago makes sense for Dzingel.

shidler

Jan 20, 2016
on the Sens board in the Dzingel thread, someone offered Ceci and Dzingel for Boqvist - most over there said that was insane as we wouldn't do it, but one guy pretty much thinks Boqvist is crap....but what is interesting is even over there, posters think Chicago makes sense for Dzingel.

Can we please please get rid of Seabrook and Keith. These guys again thank you for your service but please leave the team. They look gased during 3rd period. Seabrook, for crying out loud, how many times does this guy fall during a game. Keith lost his transition game. Seabrook is too slow to have a transition game.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Can we please please get rid of Seabrook and Keith. These guys again thank you for your service but please leave the team. They look gased during 3rd period. Seabrook, for crying out loud, how many times does this guy fall during a game. Keith lost his transition game. Seabrook is too slow to have a transition game.

Novel idea! Especially, Seabs. Suggestions?​

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I do believe (pretty strongly) that he has to clear waivers in 2019-2020, but not sure how to check.

Which combination would you consider fair value?

Pearson (2 more years @ 3.75)
Jarry (1 more year @ 675k RFA)
ZAR (RFA)
Simon (1 more year @ 750k RFA)
Maatta (3 more years @ 4.1)
2019 1st

Optional Cap Dump:
Johnson (Lifetime @ 3.25)

ZAR and Jarry make sense from our point of view as we're stacked on RW and down the middle (though ZAR has hardly been tried at C) and already have Murray/DeSmith locked up. GMJR is obsessed with our 1st but I think that's mostly a dog and pony situation since he's traded away so many and needs to tell the media something. Pearson is a serviceable top-6 F who's got 2 more years at 3.75. Maatta would be the LD going back - 24 years old, solid and serviceable - just way too slow for the Pens system under Sullivan. Simon has played his best hockey with Crosby (surprise) but has shown some really flashy moves away from him to keep plays alive. Johnson sucks - but he can eat minutes in the bottom-4 and really doesn't cost much...just signed for an absurd length (4 more years).

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind a trade of Keith for the 2019 1st, Jarry, Aston-Reese and Pearson. Obviously, I would like better if the Hawks could get it, but if this was the best offer, it would be solid. With how tight the cap is for contenders, it’s to be expected to take salary back when trading someone on a multiyear deal.

Pearson is a smart player with an all around game and still young. The Pens are stacked at forward, Aston-Reese might bring more on a team that needs depth. The Hawks need physical defensive minded forwards. The Hawks could use the 1st to either trade for players or move up in the draft. I don’t expect Keith to move before the trade deadline though. If he did, it would probably be for a lot more than this. Plus, he has a NMC. Maybe he doesn’t want to move.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
if Carolina is interested in AA, would we not be interested in Ferland?????? seems like they want to move him, possibly makes sense for us to go after a guy like him, just not sure what his contract demands will be????

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
if Carolina is interested in AA, would we not be interested in Ferland?????? seems like they want to move him, possibly makes sense for us to go after a guy like him, just not sure what his contract demands will be????
Ferland would be a good acquisition. Not sure why Carolina would trade him though. They need forward production. But they also dealt Skinner...

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Ferland would be a good acquisition. Not sure why Carolina would trade him though. They need forward production. But they also dealt Skinner...
not sure either, but his name seems to be out there as someone they are looking to move (maybe he possibly will not sign there I dunno)...I think he would fit in nicely and would likely cost around that $5mil range, but if we move out AA in some type of a package for him, they get a few players under contract and we get to negotiate with him.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

They're not going to trade AA for Ferland straight up, and Ferland isn't a guy I'd put aside money for when we should be going big game hunting.

He could maybe be a nice complementary piece. Blackhawks should be going for pillars. The Karlssons and Stones of the world. If you do, my some miracle, happen to get them and have money left over, then sure, offer something reasonable for Ferland and see if he bites.

If Carolina is interested in AA, then do it for picks and/or B-tier prospects. The cap money would be more valuable than getting Ferland for the last few months of a go-nowhere season.

Reactions: OTC and migi

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
They're not going to trade AA for Ferland straight up, and Ferland isn't a guy I'd put aside money for when we should be going big game hunting.

He could maybe be a nice complementary piece. Blackhawks should be going for pillars. The Karlssons and Stones of the world. If you do, my some miracle, happen to get them and have money left over, then sure, offer something reasonable for Ferland and see if he bites.

If Carolina is interested in AA, then do it for picks and/or B-tier prospects. The cap money would be more valuable than getting Ferland for the last few months of a go-nowhere season.
never said that...

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
never said that...

I didnt say you did. Thats why the post didnt end after that sentence fragment.

My point was, its not worth either the assets beyond AA, or the contract he’d want.

We can worry anout complementary players after the pillars are in place.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I didnt say you did. Thats why the post didnt end after that sentence fragment.
lol, ok nobody suggested it so not sure why you would even say that..

in theory yes I agree go for the big fish, but we have very little chance at many of them, the only name we have a legit shot at is Panarin. we are not going to dump another $70 mil on a dman when we have 2 already under long term contracts and 4 kids drafted extremely high and on the way. little to no chance on Karlsson.

Ferland actually helps a lot to our team and would be a solid add both sides of the puck and his net presence that Bobby loves so much (I kid, it is still needed in todays game)- Anisimov/Forsling/Hayden for him in a package could work if Carolina fears they will lose him for nothing...Carolina needs some center help so if they like AA, I just suggested we likely have talked to them about Ferland in a package.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
lol, ok nobody suggested it so not sure why you would even say that..

in theory yes I agree go for the big fish, but we have very little chance at many of them, the only name we have a legit shot at is Panarin. we are not going to dump another $70 mil on a dman when we have 2 already under long term contracts and 4 kids drafted extremely high and on the way. little to no chance on Karlsson.

Ferland actually helps a lot to our team and would be a solid add both sides of the puck and his net presence that Bobby loves so much (I kid, it is still needed in todays game)- Anisimov/Forsling/Hayden for him in a package could work if Carolina fears they will lose him for nothing...Carolina needs some center help so if they like AA, I just suggested we likely have talked to them about Ferland in a package.

Yeah, but if you get Karlsson, suddenly one or some of those kids become trade-pieces in packages for other needs. Obviously there's no law that says you have to keep them all.

If Anisimov/Forsling/Hayden is what it takes to get him, then by all means do it, but I don't think Carolina is going to be short on offers. He'll have plenty of suitors as a rental.

I don't really seem him filling a particularly huge hole on this team. Would he work in a complementary role? Sure. But you could get somebody for that role cheaper down the road after you get the real difference-makers locked in.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'm liking what Stan has been doing accumulating talent in the 24 and under range (Ferland will be 27 in a couple months). I like Ferland but I'll probably pass.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah, but if you get Karlsson, suddenly one or some of those kids become trade-pieces in packages for other needs. Obviously there's no law that says you have to keep them all.

If Anisimov/Forsling/Hayden is what it takes to get him, then by all means do it, but I don't think Carolina is going to be short on offers. He'll have plenty of suitors as a rental.

I don't really seem him filling a particularly huge hole on this team. Would he work in a complementary role? Sure. But you could get somebody for that role cheaper down the road after you get the real difference-makers locked in.
this is the wrong year to be trying to sell guys like this, the rumors are that offers for guys like him and Dzingel are not that good with the amount of top players avaialble. tons of names are "available" so I don't know what they are getting for him, but I would hope we are in the conversation if they have interest in AA and others from our org.

as for Karlsson I honestly want nothing to do with him, the guy is hurt yet again, surprise! no way on Earth I want him for 7 years which is what he is likely getting- let someone else have the Swedish Seabrook in 4 years - stick with the kids and hope Gus gives you close to what Karlsson can at half the price.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
this is the wrong year to be trying to sell guys like this, the rumors are that offers for guys like him and Dzingel are not that good with the amount of top players avaialble. tons of names are "available" so I don't know what they are getting for him, but I would hope we are in the conversation if they have interest in AA and others from our org.

as for Karlsson I honestly want nothing to do with him, the guy is hurt yet again, surprise! no way on Earth I want him for 7 years which is what he is likely getting- let someone else have the Swedish Seabrook in 4 years - stick with the kids and hope Gus gives you close to what Karlsson can at half the price.

Lol, what?

I love Gus for his production at his current cap hit, but we're talking about probably the best dman in the league in Karlsson, on both sides of the puck.

Injuries are a question mark, for sure. But the Brent Seabrook comparison is a little silly. Karlsson started off at a talent and performance point better than Seabrook could ever dream. He's only 28 now. Even if he signs a 7 year contract, assuming the same aging curve (which is generous to Seabrook), you've got 5 years before he complete falls off... I can like with a top 5 dman in the league for 5 years, and a crappy one for the final 2, if it comes to that.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Lol, what?

I love Gus for his production at his current cap hit, but we're talking about probably the best dman in the league in Karlsson, on both sides of the puck.

Injuries are a question mark, for sure. But the Brent Seabrook comparison is a little silly. Karlsson started off at a talent and performance point better than Seabrook could ever dream. He's only 28 now. Even if he signs a 7 year contract, assuming the same aging curve (which is generous to Seabrook), you've got 5 years before he complete falls off... I can like with a top 5 dman in the league for 5 years, and a crappy one for the final 2, if it comes to that.
come on man, not even close. the guy can't stay healthy and though he has had a strong stretch a month or so, he is not in the top 3-5 dmen anymore...and of course I am not comparing Gus 100% to Karlsson, but if Gus gives you elite level offense at a third of the price, I am more than fine with that. let someone else pay Karlsson - no freaking thanks.

an ugly contract is an ugly contract, Seabs, Lucic, or Weber - use whatever you like - you are asking for that mess if you sign Karlsson.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Does it make more sense to go all in on one of Panarin or Stone, or to pad out the roster with multiple depth signings like Ferland, Dzingel, Silfverberg?

The latter might make more sense. We already have the superstars (Kane, Toews, DeBrincat, Strome). Now give them the complimentary pieces to work with.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I think Stan The Man has dealt with enough hand tying contracts. I would be shocked if he traded for any one or signed anyone for more than $6MM a year until he has alleviated some of the Core's debt. He wants to remain nimble to add whatever perceived core support he deems necessary.....lessons learned.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm sorry but grouping Keith with Seabrook in terms of what they are now is so lazy.

Keith still brings a lot to the table. Not what he once was, no question, but he's a good NHL defenseman still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca