Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
you know it is time to put the foot down and call it. while this quasi retool, reset or whatever it is, that was long needed 2 yrs earlier. well this team as an expiration date and this team can not fool around. i know i ranted this argument before and i was chastise on this site for stating it, well nothing has change in my eyes, actually it has gotten worse from the FO.

this team needs a top pairing d-men, well i will settle for 1 and that has to be a LHD. Kieth is not going to cut it. the point i would like to further explain is, that lhd-d-man needs to be experience. not a drafted one or a player that was recently drafted. it also doesn't need to be a huge big star.

that player will even do better if he is in the 26-30 with 2 yrs left before becoming a free agent. that will be ideal, but hey you can see the point i am making. he needs to be experience !!!

Keith is such a tough call. I’d like to believe he has been coasting these last few seasons to preserve himself for when we are good. If we trade him, he will probably be a major help for his new team. That’s why if they do trade him, it needs to be for a great return that a Conn Smythe caliber playoff D-man should return. The Leafs would be dumb not to offer an absolute haul for Keith at the TD IMO. But we’ll see.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Keith is such a tough call. I’d like to believe he has been coasting these last few seasons to preserve himself for when we are good. If we trade him, he will probably be a major help for his new team. That’s why if they do trade him, it needs to be for a great return that a Conn Smythe caliber playoff D-man should return. The Leafs would be dumb not to offer an absolute haul for Keith at the TD IMO. But we’ll see.
excellent point, Keith will most definitely help any team if traded.

i don't want to trade him, i know i am being bias here but i see him as a great second pairing d-men with that warrior mentality of his, he will be great..... not only for the team but as a example for the young player to emulate . since he is not the type to take a player under his wing.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
excellent point, Keith will most definitely help any team if traded.

i don't want to trade him, i know i am being bias here but i see him as a great second pairing d-men with that warrior mentality of his, he will be great..... not only for the team but as a example for the young player to emulate . since he is not the type to take a player under his wing.

To the point of him helping the young players, Colliton needs a quality assistant coach that can do that. Maybe that is Brookbank.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
To the point of him helping the young players, Colliton needs a quality assistant coach that can do that. Maybe that is Brookbank.
BINGO !!!!!!! time infinity.

time to bring in some great teachers that only the NHL pipeline will know who is who in teaching asst's.

Last edited:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
much rather it be for Pesce in some type of package. Pesce would give us a top #1RD while the kids grow...pair Keith and Pesce and we now have a solid top pairing.
The difference in the cost between Fleury and Pesce is astronomical. There isn’t a package to be made for Pesce that involves Anisimov.

Reactions: Drumman44

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The difference in the cost between Fleury and Pesce is astronomical. There isn’t a package to be made for Pesce that involves Anisimov.
not even asking for Goalie - Scott Darling to be included .... this will be a salary cap move for Car.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
a bigger package but they seem to be shopping at least one of their dmen - Anisimov, Forsling, Sikura, Hayden, etc could be worked into something with a pick/prospect as well.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Does Carolina have any Russians? Maybe they want him to center Svechnikov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA