Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Acquire Nylander. Draft Soderstrom with their 1st. I think your top 6 looks really good. Saad can play 1LW with Toews and Kane.

Saad-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Nylander
Kahun-Barratt-Sikura
Caggiula-Kampf-4RW
Hayden

Don’t be surprised to see Willy evolve into a Sharp type sniper in Chicago if that scenario ever plays out. Kid has a deadly shot and release.
Should be able to slot Kubalik in that 4RW spot.

Big fan of Soderstrom. Just depends if he's available or if he's BPA when we are picking.

But yeah trading for Nylander makes so much. Fits exactly what Stan wants. Not a rental. Straight up hockey trade. Doesn't have to worry about big free agent acquisitions.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I still think Jokiharju for Nylander would be smart.

Think of it this way. Nylander is signed at 6.9M. That is far cheaper than Panarin or Stone. If we acquired Nylander, there'd be no need to go after Panarin or Stone. Nylander's cap hit would make it far easier to re-sign Cat and Strome than if we signed Panarin or Stone to a 9M+ deal.

?-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Nylander

That's a very good top 6. As for defence, I think Mitchell has more upside than Jokiharju. I think he'll be able to play the full season next year without any Rockford time either.

Keith-Mitchell
Gus-Murphy
?-Seabrook

Still not a great D lineup, but losing Joki doesn't impact it that much since Mitchell slots in his role.

If we’re trying to trade Jokiharju why isn’t it for RFA rights to Ryan Murray, or Jacob Trouba, or another 24-25ish defenseman that is already an established top-4 guy but who may be too expensive for his team?

I don’t favor moving Jokiharju at all, but if it’s going to happen, I’d much rather it be for an established defenseman that can make an immediate impact while still being in his prime for years.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Should be able to slot Kubalik in that 4RW spot.

Big fan of Soderstrom. Just depends if he's available or if he's BPA when we are picking.

But yeah trading for Nylander makes so much. Fits exactly what Stan wants. Not a rental. Straight up hockey trade. Doesn't have to worry about big free agent acquisitions.

The scouting report on Soderstrom seems to be that he’s a very smart two way defenseman that always makes the right play. Not flashy, but very good in all three zones. Sounds a lot like the guy they can use to acquire Willy Nilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese